Congrats to Ed Spruiell!!

hey, i never considered these threads dead. i just ran out of time and energy to post to all of them for awhile. i was planning on reviving them about now anyway.

so i think i am back. no more major daily projects. of course i need to realy turn my focus back to my school work so i will still not be at the insane level i was before but i should be quite active again. I may even start getting up early enough to post something in the morning before your lunch break.:D

I guess i still find it both amusing and ironic that some people seem to live to get enough posts for a congrats thread and then don't participate in it and it dies a quick death. such a hollow achievement. Now i am not talking about the more dedicated tech helpers like testy and rharder, but rather about some of the younger crowd. I surely hope they are ooking for something more in life than their 15 minutes of fame.

so continued good luck with your finals!!

Thanks Ed :)
Well young ones will be young ones :p
I think we should have more tech discussion but in the "off season" so to speak I dont think we have that much to say, with teh exception of a few incidents here and there of peopel having tech problems. Most discussions start just prior to the start of a big event or announcement like MWSF or MWNY reaching their climax then and then the momentum carries the conversations until they die off.

Its kinda sad to see people posting BS though to increase their post count, we seem to be having more "nummi" like posters(before nummi's reform that is :p)

Once I am done with finals I have a few projects to tend to :p like creating a russian grammar reference and overhauling my web site ;) (as well as creating a few music mixes for friends....promises promises promises :p)

Admiral

Ed, your looking so much younger these days. Not just younger, your birthday has change to a completely different month too! (strange that it would be the same month as Admiral and myself ;) )

That date looks very familiar to me... hmmm... let me see...

:rolleyes:

Maybe if I pull the battery out of my system it'll come to me. :p

ok, what gives? it still has the correct info in my user cp profile. I don't know what you associate 12/31/69 with, but for me it was the night before i was in calif. for the first time - we spent the night in arizona and drove into LA on the 1st of 1970. I guess that was the day i first became a resident of Calf. that new year's day was a very meaningful one for me.

of course i wouldn't really mind being about 12 yrs younger:p

Other then the fact that I was still an only child at that time, I think that is the date that Mac OS X defaults back to if the battery goes out. As I recall Mac OS 9 jumps all the way back to 1904 (though I have never found out why).

So how are the people who don't remember your birthday supposed to know when it is so they can give their best wishes?

(We talked about the events that also makes that date special other than the fact that it is your birthday, so I don't think I'll be forgetting. :D )

ok, so what did you do to change my birthday and how do i get it back since the changes i make for it in user profile don't do anything. or is something screwed up and i should report this to admin?:confused:

and if it wasn't you, what were you doing that you noticed it in the first place?:D

:confused:

It wasn't me! And yes, if you can't make change to it (and more importantly if you did set it to that date), then Admin needs to know.

Actually I couldn't remember the date that we bombed Nagasaki, and it seems easier to look up your birthday than do a search on the net for the date (which I had to do anyway :rolleyes: ).

weird. i pm'd admin. i wonder if this is a bug or somebody hacking and playing a joke on me. i also wonder how long it has been like that. But iguess as long as i am looking younger i should enjoy it, huh?:D :rolleyes:

LOL, how wierd... well, the boards have had a few problems in the last week, anyway. But hey, Ed, all you need to do is zap your PRAM (hold down Command+Option+P+R when you wake up in the morning)... :)

Hey I want in on this, zapping your PRAM and becoming 12 years younger. Is this some new software option?

YOu have to ask your significant other to perform an OS based PRAM zap since you cant rach the option- apple - p -r buttons all on your own :p

ok, how is zapping pram going to effect info being transmitted from the site to my computer and yours. If this were on my computer alone, then maybe, but you all see it so it is not with my computer.

Gee, it feels great to be in my thirties again. anybody want to go climb Mt. Everest or something?:D

Um... no. But Ed, by all means, if ya want to climb it, go right ahead *remembering that Simpsons episode with Homer climbing the tallest mountain in Springfield, lol*

Oh yeah... the applesauce bars that are supposed to work wonders for your overall health... Ed, you don't KNOW those? *gasp*

Back