Congrats to Ed Spruiell!!

those old cannonball movies are classic nutzball humor. i watched part of one a while back and laughed at it again. of course i saw them back when they were new and they were a big deal then. I love that kind of goofball/slapstick stuff but very few people do it any more. and when one does come out, i don't get to see it because the GF isn't into that 'silly' stuff.

She does like the movies with Leslie Nielson in them so i get to see those and some of the national lampoon stuff. I watched part of a real old NL movie the other day and couldn't believe how stupid it was. so i kept watching till the end:D

well, we must be doing something a bit better when we have a little time to watch movies;)

Hi, Ed.

I don't think I have ever posted here, so congratulations on reaching 1000 posts. ;)

I must say that to me, classic movies are not anything with Mr T or Farrah Fawcet in them. :) I watched Sabrina this evening (the real one, with Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and Willam Holden, not the fake one with Harrison Ford). That's classic.

I'll watch just about anything black and white, but before you think I am an exclusive old time movie snob let me tell you that I am not. :) I think I need to re-visit the grammar thread... :D

I watch current movies as well as not so current movies is what I am attempting to say... Just not eloquently. ;)

lol

'Mr T and the the women' does not have Mr T in it. richerd Gere is Mr T. I love old movies. but i have seen most of them at some point in my life. i often like remakes. taking a classic story and modernizing it is an art form all its own. I really like it when they change it enough that you aren't watching the old one again. it preserves the intregity and interestingness of both.

i really love the really old films - you know, silent movies. Charlie Chaplin, Laural & Hardy, stuff like that. don't get to see those too often anymore.

and in case you haven't noticed, we don't worry too much about grammer or spelling in these threads. except to occasionally help Herve out with his english.;)

and thanks for the congrats:)

Oh -- Dr T and the women. Yeah, I saw that. But my statement that any movie with Mr T or Farrah Fawcet is not a classic still stands.

Sometimes I like remakes, but too frequently they don't seem to be done as well as the original. Every once in a while they're better than the original, like Ocean's 11.

uh yea, Dr. T.

I haven't seen Ocean's 11 yet. I will put it on my list of movies to lookout for. I wouldn't have figured it to be that good.

another genre of movies i tend to like are modern versions of old TV shows. Ones like the Mod Squad, the Brady Bunch, The Adams Family, etc. It is the way that these always seem to poke fun at the original show that makes them so entertaining. Of course it helps if you are like me and were old enough to have been a regular viewer of the original. (yes, i was once a Brady Bunch addict.:p )

I didn't say Ocean's 11 is good -- merely that it is better than the original. ;) Honestly, it's not bad, but I have definitely seen better movies.

And how about the Charlie's Angels movie...?

Charlie's Angels was pretty good. It was probably like Ocean's 11 - better than the original but not a great movie. i enjoyed it. i wouldn't watch it again, but it was worth a once thru.

it also amuse me when they take movie and make a kids' cartoon series out of it. I can't remember exactly how old my son was when he figured out that Beetlejuice was a movie and not just his cartoon show. I think it cleared up why i would watch beetlejuice with him but not many of his other cartoon shows.

so nkuvu - i have to ask. Are you male or female? I started wondering when you posted the pic of your eye. those are some pretty dark lashes. of course you could just be goth. but then you have female roommate. not very normal for a male computer geek. but not unheard of either. and the name would seem to be masculine as well but names are often misleading. so if i am not being too personal, which is it? just curious.

btw - other than those 'clues', there has been nothing about you to indicate that you are anything more or less than just a cool person.

oh, well i guess nkuvu didn't want to answer that question. ok. i would take the story about fighting as a kid as being a sign of being male, but that would probably be sexist of me.:eek:

so i have completely replaced all the parts in one of the toilets this weekend. I feel like a real man now. I have never done anything more than adjust the chain or bend the ball. I felt foolish when i found out how basically easy it really was. I also sprayed to kill spittlebugs on some of the plants in the front yard. and i changed the filter on the pond. I had put in some de-algae stuff a few days ago and the filter was just clogged with loose algae already. i figure i am going to have to do it several times over the next couple of weeks. good thing i made the filter easy to get to.

i also took a 5 and a half hour nap on friday and it has thrown me off on sleep ever since. but it is actually in a good way. i have been going t bed earlier and getting up earlier. maybe i can keep that up for a while.

oh, and i ate the first radishes out of my garden. They were a little small still, but they were very tasty. I love radishes right out of the ground. :)

Maybe he's just shy Ed. ;)

Heya nkuvu, I don't think we've been properly introduced. Kink at your disposal.
If I could take a stab at this, I think you're male. I remember hearing a conversation in the bar mentioning you were once married or still have a wife. You know how it is when a person gets a few drinks in them. ;) :)

Ed, speaking of toilets... I have a toilet story for you today.
Got up this fine morning and found my feet in a cold puddle of water on my bathroom floor.? Arg! My toilet had over flowed! Dagnam! I know what this means... It's been raining here the last couple of days and giving my sewage pipes a workout. Looked out my back window and sure enough, the drainage pipe is backed up. I said I knew what this meant right? Sewage trap clog. Love it, pushing turd before my first cup of coffee. So off to the trap, push out a ball of toilet paper, wooooosh! Sewage thrusts out the pipe and all over my arm! Ugh!
Gotta love city livin.
....off to take a shower.

hmmm...now that sucks!.... you got the short end of the stick this morning :p

I can say with certainty that that never has hapoened to me :)

Hi everyone! Thought i would re-insert myself into this conversation before my post avg. drops through the floor.:p

So, Ed, have any good stories? How about some late 70's stories?:cool:

Looks like you had to be my first and only victim in the fantasy baseball league. Everyone has to begin somewhere;).

Other than that, it has just appeared that I have sucked since teams have scored weel when they were playing me, be some act of fate. :D

So what have I missed? It'ss been about two weeks since I poster here last.

What's everyone's favorite song? I was just listening to "more than a feeling" by Boston, and it was fun. but problably not my favorite.

Hi again!

Eh, that wasn't the first time for me :rolleyes: but...
By the time I left for work in the early afternoon, the sun broke out. It was gorgeous! Had 5 meaningful minutes soaking up the sun's energy. Was almost meditative. Nice. So the day went well despite the morning glories. Spent the rest of the day building out a new subnet at work.

...day in the life.

Hey Phillll, good to hear from you again.
Boston... hehe. I was one of those guys that had a Boston painting on the back of their denim jacket in Grade School '84. Tom Scholz rocked hard! haha. In High School, I remember when Boston Third Stage came out after a 10 year absence. It was so hyped back then in '86. Ahh the memories...
:cool:

"...day in the life. "

Is that your favorite song. It is a good one (Beatles for all those who didn't know. I guess you have to add "A" in the beginning though.) Mine is kind of the opposite. "Once in a Lifetime." Don't think I'm lame because it's from the one album I've mentioned before.

Klink: I had all kinds of plumbing problems in my apartment in Brooklyn. Come to think of it, I have problems in my house now.

Advice for anyone buying a house: make sure the plumbing is solid. If it's not you might find yourseld cutting holes in walls and ceilings.

Not trying to be quiet or anything -- just haven't been reading all threads recently... ;)

Edit: Forgot to ask: Ed, do you remember which thread my eye pic is in? I know I have two copies of the pic, one that was normal, one that was run through Photoshop's watercolor filter. The watercolor made my lashes ultra-dark, but still looked cool. (No, I wasn't wearing mascara, honest! ;) )

That Compaq notebook is agressing me. The iBazar exam about the GSMservicesproject that is the "reason" for the merger between HP and Compaq. Steve Jobs his book is lying in my eyes. Does you know that he has already factured 4 childs.

That Compaq notebook is making me angry. The iBazar exam about the GSMservicesproject is the reason for the merger between HP and Compaq. Steve Jobs, his book looks appealing in my eyes. Did you know he has already created 4 children?

Gateway is making ME mad :mad:
I just saw an add on TV for a gateway laptop that LOOKS LIKE A f*****ING iBOOK!!!!!!... damn copycats :p

Admiral
PS: is "stayin' alive" making a comeback? I've found A LOT of remixes of it :p

dlookus,
I think it's a good one too. I like the song and the group in general, but it wasn't my favorite Boston song. I don't know what my fave is, it's been a while I went through their catalogue. In a minute I'll be looking for that denim jacket I had. hehe
Gimme a Head's cut and I'll be happy too. Great tune. The opposing meanings you pointed out are neat too. And Addy started 'a day in the life' in the convo Monday in his thread.
Nah I wouldn't rib you about liking what you like.
...unless it was really strange and it embarrassed you immensely. :D

Good house tip. I'd want solid plumbing and be network friendly. :p

How's the pup doin?

Herve,
Why is Compaq aggressing you? I must confess, "aggressing me" had me on the floor today. I could see you with a cape, armed with your free paper, fending off a violent aggressing Compaq notebook that has eyes for your apple tree!

So it seems you're really digging into your Steve Jobs book. Give us some poop from time to time.

Bling,
Herve would have to answer that Bling. Translating is an art, isn't it?

Addy,
If it is, I'm breaking out my white suit with the wide lappels. Meet you at the Disco. Hahaha. ;)
What's cool to me about the Bee Gee's, is those guys can really sing their butts off! They're even more amazing together as a unit. I'll like to poke fun, but they deserve some praise.

nkuvu,
You still catchin up on reading?

Back