Congrats to Ed Spruiell!!

Be careful Ed, and watch your step with those rhetorical scientific questions. Someone here is just going to know how to build a silent hurricane fan.:p

ok, I got motivated and posted the 'before and now' yard pics to my itools homepages. CLICK HERE to see what it looked like in Feb. before i started all this work that has made my conversations a little dull and single minded.

(from the first page go to Yard Now - i think you have seen the rest of my pics)

I will probably add some more decription when i post this link again tomorrow in Herve's but i thought you guys should get first look at it.:)

Hopefully tolya will not laugh too loudly at my fence:D

(i don't think i will show you the gate on the front side - it is off the hinges and i am waiting till the sunroom is built to fix it.)

New dishwasher tomorrow !! (no, i'm not getting a new GF:p )

That's it :p
before the grand party I am coming over with a bucket of paint...or at least some polish - or finish or something :p -- you damn californians :rolleyes: lol :p

Hmmm... I wonder where I can set up my DJ booth :confused: --- hey Ed, can we have a BIG fountain ? :p I always liked those :rolleyes:

lol:p

hopefully i will have nice plants covering up most of the fence before too long. My roses are starting to show lots of new growth and my radishes in my garden are starting to come up!! I was afraid my seeds from last year weren't going to do the job.

putting the mermaid statue up on a base and fully making her a fountain is not planned until next year. she will eventually have water coming out of that shell she is holding up. Perhaps you would like to help lift her up - she is solid concrete:D

lift her up or pick her up ed ? :p
lol -- ever see that movie called manequin ? :rolleyes:
(what a stupid 80s movie lol)

In that case, I will postpone the big Party At Ed's till you put the fountain in -- cant be a party sans the fountain :rolleyes:

I liked that movie !! It was just stupid enough and the idea of having your fantasy woman appear from out of nowhere is always worth indulging in for an hour or so:p

the 80's may have had a lot of stupidity but they were a lot more fun than the 70's.:D

my resealing of the pond didn't work on the first try so i had to redo it today. Tomorrow we are going to get the waterfall and order the cobblestones to create the new patio with. My son will help me install it while he is here. This will be a good thing for us to do while his friends here are in school during the day.

today was a beautiful day here!!

and a fun day as well;)

i used to watch the 70's and i saw the 80's once. i like em when it is convenient to watch them but i wouldn't go out of my way for them.

we got the the fountain and pump purchased today but don't know when they will deliver it. We also ordered the cobblestones and filler sand for the patio and it should be delivered on Fri. morning. my seal worked this time and i now have the tub in the hole. tomorrow i will do the fine adjusting to get it leveled and then start shoveling dirt back into the hole around it. things are looking up and will start moving quickly i hope.

And the U of Tenn. Lady Vols have made it to the final four again. They beat Vanderbilt who won the sec championship instead of them. Sometimes i like women's basketball better than men's. :D

My Newton 32 Meg PCMCIA was shipped yesterday and its very near now :D -- I think that tomorrow I will be getting it delivered :D -- more storage on my newton! Yay! ;-)

I have an exam tomorrow dammit :( -- need to study more :p
6 more weeks...patience...6....more....weeks!

Is that like the one I saw on ebay that one time? You could do a lot with an additional 32MB! I just got Mac OS X Server 1.2 on ebay, so I'm looking forward to that coming in.

I had a copy of OS X server but could not get it to boot :p -- damn carracho server :p

with 32 MB you are king on a newton.
Currently I have a 2MB and a 12MB and I have both of them occupied, and there are a lot of program on them. (and I still have a lot that I deleted in order to get my current ones on :p)

so with a 32 (+ my 12 if need be) I am cool in trems of space :)

you can put a lot of newtonbooks on them too! -- great for reference :)

Well, um.... my iPod slams your newton into oblivion! heh.

So are you one of many looking for an Apple PDA, or are you content with staying on the PDA-margin?:p

There is something to be said about computing with systems that no one else uses. Half the reason I use Rhapsody is because almost no one else does. I loved Mac OS X before everyone started using it, now it is just not different enough. Sure, I use Mac OS X for many of my day to day stuff, but the system that goes with me every where is Rhapsody, and the system that I use the most behind Mac OS X and Rhapsody is my SGI Indy. I love alternatives to what most people are using.

Plus the Newton is a great PDA, Admiral has converted me. The iPod may store quite a bit, but it is not a PDA... yet (specially with that small screen). And with that 32 MB flash card, the Newton can handle quite a lot of information and apps.

I dont mind being "in the margins" so to speak.
The reason for that is that the newton STILL kicks serious PDA butt. The HAndwriting recognition is GREAT, the PIM funtions are the best that I have seen around, the environemnt is nice, and the apps are compact!

Even in 14MB I have managed to store several books, A LOT of games, and even a newton web server!, with 32 (or 44 if I use both my 32 + 12 MB flashcards) I can do a lot. I dont think I will be able to fill them both up (right away that is).

I just bought (in december) an iPaq 3870. Now this is a brand spanking new PDA with all the best that the PDA computing world has to offer, but it still cant be as good as my newton.

My newton may be lacking builtin bluetooth, and *real* OBEX IrDA stacks (*sigh*) but with a data cable you can go one with it and you can use WLAN with it was well.

The newton may lack BIG storage space, but with the new ATA drivers being developed us newton users can use cheaper ATA flash memory, in larger amounts with our newtons :)

MP3 players exist, the idea of PDF on the newton has been tossed around, now if only I had enough time to develop greek fonts, keyboard drivers, andH HWR for it ;)

Last night I got my PCMCIA :D, I thought it was used, but it came factory wrapped! wow! Tonight I will undertake the task of putting my apps to my 32 MB card :).

Hey racer do you have any expansion on your 120?
diod you get any PC-memory cards or not yet ?

Admiral

Not yet. :(

I was about to get the 32 MB card, then I saw Mac OS X Server 1.2 and got it for $40, I may be able to get it within a couple weeks, but I'm now saving up for a WallStreet G3 to run Mac OS X Server on. I figured that would be a good up grade from my ThinkPad with Rhapsody 5.1, I would be running a much faster system, with sound, with built in ethernet, and Rhapsody 5.6. I can't wait! I should be able to play Quake II and maybe Quake III on it (Omni only made PPC version of both) and my Quicktime movies should finally have sound.

Still, the card was only about $40, so I should be able to get it without to many problems within the next couple weeks (there is just not a lot of room on it without some expansion).

sorry i haven't had any boring updates on my yard work but things have been too busy the last 2 days. and i would tell you all about it but i am worn out and my hand is still weird from geting shocked yesterday. See Herve's for a few more details and i will have more to say when i slow down a little. :)

I can mail you my "old" 2MB apple one. I originally bought it for the 120 :)

I spent the time yesterday moving my stuff from the "small: PCMCIAs to the big one. I got impatient and I shut the newtondown which currupted my 12MB files and I needed to erase it :p

Now I am about 1/2 done reinstalling everything lol :)

the project continues tonite :D

I love my newton :rolleyes:

i'm just glad i'm the only one who has to redo things these days. believe me, your computer redos are less work than my yard redos.:D

things are really moving along now. i got my lumber today and got about a 6'x6' area of patio done. I was out working til it was dark. My son was a much better worker today. He got to go out and play with his friends for the morning and by mid afternoon they were bored enough to want to help to earn some money. So i paid them $5 an hour to shovel sand and haul cobble stones from the driveway to the backyard. they started out being tough guys and carrying them by hand. after awhile they wised up and asked for the roller cart i had offered to let them use:p

I got 10 hrs of sleep last night and i felt so much better when i woke up. It's amazing how sleep can heal sometimes.:)

wish i could tell you more but this has obviously become a major focus in my life right now. As well as my son being here. Right now his friend his spending the night so they are in his room playing my SNES.

i guess i could mention that it was a beautiful day here and traffic on highway 1 was crazy. there were lots of accidents - I could see the results of two of them from my driveway at one point. and i can only see a really small section from there.:rolleyes:

Despite not getting started till almost 2:30, i am about 2/3 finished with the patio. Today my son helped for free and by himself. He did a great job. He and i went to Home Depot after dinner and he helped me get supplies. I promised him i would spend a day and take him to do something special like go to the beach or the skate park or maybe both as long as he helps me get the job finished or close to it.

I just started the biggest single section and hope to finish it tomorrow. then i will only have a little 3x8 area left.

I also bought some more calla lillies for the pond. I got 2 bird of paradise plants only to have my GF get mad because she doesn't like them. oh well, they are one of my favorites with pleasant associations to southern cal so i will find some place that i can enjoy them without her having to stare at them. I was going to put them beside the rock falls. Perhaps i will just put them behind it.:D

and i had to get a new pair of leather gloves. i wore a hole thru the finger and thumb on the right one.:p

Back