Congrats to Ed Spruiell!!

lol racer I thought your site was already open to the public ;) -- I feel honored to have a backstage pass :D

as for other OSes...I can manage in the summer when I have nothing to do :D -- (besides I intended on installing AtheOS, Plan 9 and Inferno at some point ;-) )

btw have you installed BeOS or not ? :confused:

Admiral

Okay, by popular demand... and against my better judgment, the RacerX Site!

It is under construction, I need to put more time into the Windows section, Irix AppleShare server showdown page (between Xinet's K-Ashare and Helios Ethershare), and some editing, spell checking, and updating.

as said a while back by RacerX
Oh, and my site is still not officially open to the public yet. I hope to have enough done to have a grand opening by 2015 (aiming for July, but no later than November).

want to be sure to catch the prechristmas elevated net traffic, eh?:p

or maybe you could shoot for aug. 9. then it would share a b-day with ulrik and i. plus if it didn't go over, you could say the 3rd most horrific bomb was dropped exactly 70 years after the 2nd one.;) :D

no i like it, and thanks for reposting the link. i think i have it bookmarked in my other browser and now i can add it to this one. it's also refreshing to know that you too do things against your own better judgement:p

dlookus - i have about 8 and half years total as an undergrad. and i am now in my 5th year of grad school. it looks like i have messed up again and this will probably be 2 more years before i am done. I am going to have to get a real job next year as i am about out of loans. it is tough to go back when you already have some success in life - like enough to have real debts. I was 'lucky' that i had failed so miserably just before going back to school that i qualified for lots of loans and scholarships and had no long term debt to manage. still, i know people who have been in the same boast you are in now, who have pulled it off.

and I lived in Columbus for 15 years. :)

Gents, thank you for your warm thoughts and sympathy. It really does make a difference. I'm touched.

Racer your site is unbelievable. Not something I can digest in one sitting, but I pulled out my big spoon for the occasion. Thanks for putting up the link and sharing. What a guy!

I haven't been to Racer's site in a while, but I demoed his OS X part of the site and it looked niiiiiiiiice :D ... aqua GIF animations and all ;)

oh shoot! I was going to bring a show and tell screenshot today and I forgot :p (It was about BeOS). I will make a mental note NOT to forget it tomorrow ;-)

Admiral

I haven't had time to try out Be or Warp 4, both of which I wanted to add to my site (specially after seeing how dated Warp 3 looks back when Admiral posted a shot of 4 a while back). It sounds like Be now runs in VPC, so I should get it added to the site before what is left of Be Inc. is gone.

well, i just want to pat myself on the back about now. Since asking you guys to jump on me if i posted my signiture anywhere in this forum, i don't think i have done it even once !! I guess just the fear of you guys catching me got me trained well quickly.:D

(you guys don't even remember what i am talking about, do you:p )

hey i am also feeling good because i just avoided major disaster with my hd. a series of mistakes all piled up till i got to the point it wouldn't even mount when booted from disc.

all better now i think. :)

off topic, on topic photo....
remember when we were talking about women being like OSes ??? :p ... what kind of woman would this OS be ? :p

Attachments

• nag_nag_nag.jpg
    nag_nag_nag.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 11
well, i didn't think i was going to get to work in the yard again today, but then the sun broke out and i got an hour and a half in. i got one whle section of my rocks moved and transplanted another plant that i had planned on putting off but the ground was so wet and soft. when i say i am moving rocks i am talking about shoveling the small river round rocks that are used as ground cover. i don't want to waste them, but i don't want them where they are now.

i am also looking at getting a small food garden started this weekend with lettuce, carrots, radishes, tomatoes and some herbs. basically i want fresh salads and salsa.:D

(*f&i^s%h#t@a?c!o)

I think Ed is trying to recreate the good old days of working in the victory garden.:D

I know, I know, I did the math, but I'm going to ignore it.;)

Fresh salad is cool :D
My grandmother has a garden each spring -to- fall in greece, fresh tomatoes, onions (what do they call fresh onions anwyay ?) and cucumbers :D
mmmm cant wait for the summer ;)

Admiral

thanks phil - you're trying to make me my mom's age!!:mad:
of course with the funk bomb thing that would make you about.... well, you would be about your mom's age too.:D

I got a lot of digging done today. i ended up having to dig an old 4x4 x24 post out of a place where i only wanted to dig about a foot deep. that set me back a bit. otherwise the garden area would be finished. i will probably get it done tomorrow and get my salad planted. i think i may have the pond ready to go in the ground by next weekend. 2 weeks at the most unless we start getting rain everyday.

I think i have convinced my gf we need a new washing machine. hopefully we will get a new one next week. the old one realy broke pretty good this week.

so how did everybody else spend their day without macosx.com?

I stopped procrastinating and started coding my hashtable. Still not done, need to do a few fucntions still, and edit them to work (since I took some functions from some programs, others from others, and yet some more from other sources :p)

its due tomorrow, midnight. aaarrghhh...the pressure is on :eek: -- if I survive this semester I will seriously do something big, donate some money to a charity, or to a church or something :p I need a miracle :p

Admiral

I can think of nothing but hash browns and grits right now.

Ed what do you do about water run off in your yard? Judging from the famous (or should I say infamous) wizard pict (does Wizard need to be capitalized? :D), your yard looks like it's on a pretty steep slope. Your fish might drown in your pond.

On top of that you'll be wearing dirty close because your washer has broken. Oye vei.

Did they ever start construction on your extension yet. You haven't mentioned that in a while.

you better believe that Wizard should be capitolized:D

as far as water runoff goes, I may have to adjust that next year. Actually, my yard is fairly flat but it has two levels. one is about four to 6 in. taller than the other. The pond will be on the lower-level. The fountain that will feed it will be on the upper level. At this point I will play it by ear. and yes, I am going through a pair of jeans a day and the washing machine is getting its use.

no, they have not even come to do the inspection yet for the sun room. it would be much easier to do some of the things I need to do if it were already done. but because we live in an environmentally protected area, we have to jump through hoops to get this project done.

Today I got the salad garden planted. I moved some hyacinth bulbs into planters and did some more digging for the pond hole. I have promised myself I am going to take a day off from digging tomorrow. :p

he he

:D

that was a good one klink.:p

i am somewhat concerned about drainage and the pond overflowing and the fish along with the water. this is a common concern for fish ponds. this was illustrated to me this morning when i went out and looked at the trench i had dug to outline the shape. It was filled from last nite's rain. and i noticed that there is a slight slope of the ground level - about 4" difference between the top and bottom. i think part of the solution will be to build up the lower part with dirt from the hole. plus the lower part will have the new patio cobblestones right up against part of it. hopefully by next weekend i will have enough done to start putting up some pics with before and during. i am shooting for 2 more weekends from now to have the pond in the ground. I have until may to get the patio layed.

Back