first mac?

My first Mac, after many, many PCs, was a Digital Audio non-Quicksilver 733 G4 - fabulous computer. Truly my best computer purchase to date.

Brad

Originally posted by so1omon
the original 128k in 1985. i had hip parents. the first one i personally owned was a IIsi. now using a imac 700 SE.

Same over here. Only I don't own the iMac...

senne.

the first one i owned was a 16mhz SE/30 ... although i own a model 1, it wasnt my first .... i have yet to find a lisa, but my search is far from over

My first Mac was a Classic. I was really young then, like 5 or 6 (I'm 15 now). I remember being obsessed with the game Shufflepuck. God, I loved that game, lol. It still runs fine in Classic in OS X. :)

Adam

The first Mac I could use was an original 128K, in the company where my father worked. The only game for it was Macmanager (it seems people loved to use it at work).

The first Mac in my house was a Macintosh SE with dual floppy and an external SCSI 40 MB hard disk. Used it a lot for Dark Castle, Pool of Radiance and Space Rogue.
Then we got an LCIII, and when Apple got back in shape (years later) a Power Macintosh G3 @333 Mhz, an all-UW SCSI system.

But the first Mac I could afford and call my own was an iBook 2001 (500, DVD). When the 600 arrived, I gave it to my girlfriend, and now I showcase an iBook 600 with combo drive, codenamed Mandriot.

BTW, the Mac SE, with an external SCSI CD-ROM drive and Harman Kardon speakers, is now my official home stereo!

first Mac used Macintosh 128k in 1984
first Mac owned Macintosh SE 30 in 1991
(dead but keepin' it with it's original Happy Mac Cover)

Single Drive 128k in 1984 $2500 & Imagewriter $500

In '85 I got The Koepplinger Upgrade, making it a Fat Mac
Single Drive means single 400k floppy drive
First Modem 300 baud
MacWrite, MacPaint, Multiplan, MacChart, Bas, Transylvania, MacPascal

It kicked IBM's ass every time I powered it up!

Mac History Question:
This Mac is real, I've seen one, it really exists! by Apple, not a mod
Q. What is The Macintosh ED <--- Not a typo

ibook G3 600mhz in 2002. That was when I joined the forum to learn more about macs. But hey, my first computer was a Commodore 64 (64kb of ram :)) in 1984. I was just 7 and already played my games (international karate?) on my Dads computer. Still remember: 'list' and the most important command: 'play'. :)

Mine was a Performa 630CD with about 4Mb ram, 500Mb HD (which I now use as a Photoshop scratch disk in my G3!), a cd drive!!!, 15 apple monitor and a stylewriter.

My first Mac was an Original 128k Mac. We got it in 1984. My father was in the service and used his re-enlistment bonus to buy it. He still has it, althought the power supply burned out years ago.

We took the Mac to a place in San Jose (CA) called if I remember correctly the Mac Doctor. They installed a 512k chip making it a Fat Mac. The upgrade cost about half as much as the original machine did.

We got it with an image writer printer. That machine was the tits!

Adonsa said:
Q. What is The Macintosh ED
A. Mac KE sold at the Educational Discount
ED.gif

Believed to have been sold only in countries outside the US.
Thanks Zeiss for the url: http://www.apple-history.com/frames/body.php?page=gallery&model=512k Nice website. Apologies for deviating from the topic of first Mac

My first Apple was a G4 Powerbook, which I recieved about two weeks ago. I am finally free from the totalitarianistic rule of Windows! Wheee! By the way, what is the difference between "Apple" and "Mac"/"Macintosh" ? I'm too young to actually remember any products.

Performa 6116 CD. 66Mhz.. Glypha was the best, along with Space Invaders and all those other great games made by that Ingimur or whatever Euro dude .. he made that sweet ski game where you would get eaten by a snowmonster after a few minutes. He also did a Bert game and tons of other sweet stuff... that was back in the day of Mac OS 7.3.5 :)

Secret About Box anyone??

mbveau said:
My first Apple was a G4 Powerbook, which I recieved about two weeks ago. I am finally free from the totalitarianistic rule of Windows! Wheee! By the way, what is the difference between "Apple" and "Mac"/"Macintosh" ? I'm too young to actually remember any products.

Apple is the company, you can tell because its got a stock symbol(lol). Macintosh is the computer that they make.

A gorgeous 15", 80GB PowerBook I got yesterday! Totally worth the frenzied train/cab trip to Hamilton NJ's FedEx office.

Take that, Windows!

kainjow said:
Secret About Box anyone??

Hehe... Text Clipping > Highlight it > drag it to the desktop. I remember it fondly! Also, selecting "About This Computer" while holding various modifier keys (Command, Control, etc.) would bring up a different "About This Computer" screen. AAAH! Memories!

Back