Get the Shots

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
I went and received the two shots for virus! Sure the first shot in Left Arm made it sore for day but that went away in one day! Then the next day, I wasn't sick but it felt like I had no drive to get out of bed and had almost zero strength but the day after I felt normal again! Then after getting the second shot I still had a day's worth of sore sop for the day after the shot just like for first time! However this time I started to Eat so much I was going to blow up. Ah everybody I prayed for on throne two days later!

Last edited:
My vaccine shots were not as eventful. The second shot gave me a sore arm for a day or so, but that's it.

I'm really glad you had the vaccine, Satcomer. :) It should help protect not just you but those around you, where we won't know everyone's circumstances (e.g. some could be vulnerable). So this helps not just the person getting vaccinated, but the wider community too.

People have different experiences, depending on what they received and possibly also when too (different countries are using different time spacings for the vaccines). The Pfizer vaccine seems to be relatively fine for the first jab, but a bit rougher for the second. The AstraZeneca vaccine seems to be the other way round.

When I had mine, I had a sore arm and seemed otherwise fine during the same day. The next day, I felt a little spaced out during the morning. It was almost exactly like jet lag from a long haul flight. In the afternoon, I felt like I really needed a nap and it was the weekend, so I went ahead. I ended up sleeping for a few hours and had a temperature, but the next day I was back to normal.

It really was not bad at all and certainly nothing to worry about! I would also very gladly take that reaction to the vaccination if it means a level of protection from the real thing, so that any infection should be much less severe...

Hopefully living in a rural community will reduce the risks too, compared to living in a crowded city. Look after yourself and your family. :)

@Cheryl: Nice! We can hope for the day when having these coronavirus vaccines becomes a simple routine like having an annual flu vaccine or the like, keeping things at bay.

I remember some simulations from years ago about how diseases spread and how vaccines limit this. Here's an animation about the spread of measles from about six years ago:

Edit: Actually, it may well be a simulation and not just an animation. There seems to be some randomness about where the incoming virus lands, which is realistic, so you may get slightly different results each time you run it, but the general trends will hold true!

Hahaha. No and I didn't get magnetized either. I don't know where people get these crazy and stupid theories and I don't know how to snap people out of the funk they are putting themselves into.

One of the most ridiculous things I've seen was someone claiming on Twitter that it was highly suspicious that now the anti-vaccination people were the ones getting most ill, and suspecting they were being targeted by the powers that be...

Um... that's really not how this works... Decline a vaccine, be more vulnerable to the virus. It's really not difficult. :rolleyes:

My vaccine shots were not as eventful. The second shot gave me a sore arm for a day or so, but that's it.
That's pretty much what MY experience was. Yours was Moderna, too, then? (if it's okay to ask. People have been kind of touchy about all this)

Hahaha. No and I didn't get magnetized either. I don't know where people get these crazy and stupid theories and I don't know how to snap people out of the funk they are putting themselves into.
People are actually claiming that they're becoming magnetized by a flu shot?! I thought I'd heard everything!

Chevyboy60013, You obviously do not follow the science or care about others around you. Now that you have vented, you can chill.

Okay, You have shared your views. You realize that Covid 19 has effected more than just you. You could move to a city, county, or state that shares your views.

Okay, You have shared your views. You realize that Covid 19 has effected more than just you. You could move to a city, county, or state that shares your views.
Apparently, that would be San Francisco.
I DO agree with his basic premise, however. I have not been vaxed, and will not. Do I care about people around me---hell yes. I mask up wherever I go, but I go wherever I please. I am 75, a 2 times cancer survivor that has low immunity to everything, and am healthy as can be. I did test, as did my wife, and we are both positive for the Chinese virus's antibodies; therefore, sometime in the last almost 2 years, we have both gotten it. Neither of us have ever felt bad, nor are we aware we ever had it. The vac's are a feel good stick in the arm, and a cash cow for the vax makers.

Chevyboy60013, You obviously do not follow the science or care about others around you. Now that you have vented, you can chill.
Well said, Cheryl.

I also note they were newly registered and their only two posts were the very shouty ones in this thread.

Back