Herve's Bar & Grill

bling, nice machine you will be getting! Way better then mine!

And yes html makes things much easier, rather then having to deal with frontpage crap.

it is the 800 MHz G4 with SuperDrive and 256 MB RAM with a 60 GB hard drive.... that's all i'm allowed to get now....
What do you mean by that's all i'm allowed to get now..? You're downplaying that thing? Shit ... I would kill to have a computer like that. In fact I'd rather have that than a Power Mac.

Originally posted by vic
<?PHP
if isset(front_page) {

echo ("you are not allowed to code!")

}

else {

echo ("code happily!")

}
?>

;) i'm not sure of my sintax, i havent tried too hard, it's just for kiks

You'd get two parse errors on that one. Two times missing ";"...then again if you put the opening {-bracket, the echo function call and the clossing brackte in one line...uh...what was that with "no geek talk in Herve's bar"

:D :p :D

Originally posted by vic

is project builder good for writing php? i also write ohp and mysql but i use bbedit now... how did you setup project builder as a web app writing tool?

I don't know bbedit, but I like Project builder. If you have to manage plenty of files (over 200 at one of my current projects...man I live SSIs :) ), it is great to organize your project.

I thought about switching to GoLive due to it's integrated FTP client and better HTML code highlighing, but GoLive is not able to highlight PHP code, it just shows everything behind <?php in one color...not much help. Also, it often fails in detecting a closing bracket for an opening one. Project-wide S
searching is faster in Project Builder.

Normally, I have both open. I code in PB and I upload / check layout in GoLive. Works for me :)

Originally posted by themacko
What do you mean by that's all i'm allowed to get now..? You're downplaying that thing? Shit ... I would kill to have a computer like that. In fact I'd rather have that than a Power Mac.

i wanted the iMac G4 800 MHz w/Superdrive.... a full 1 GB of RAM, iPod, a Formac Studio, and Canon DV Camera (along with some other expensive software titles)

so yes that's all I'm allowed to get now...

down from $10k to under $2k

and when using the mac, I fully plan to use dreamweaver (when it comes for OS X) and learn some HTML while i'm at it...

If they don't count for anything, why are there "congrats" threads to those who have post counts >= 1000? ;)

It's a good week -- first the drinks are on vic (sorry for the slight spillage, there, vic ;) ) then they're on ulrik! Wahoo!

I feel so special now... :p

My first few 100x posts...I also think OS X got faster in the past hours...and I think the weather is better now...and there a women all around me, all telling me they want so sleep with me...1000 posts is great, I can tell you...

(hopefully my GF never reads this post :D )

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
i use Dreamweaver on occasion but i like FrontPage since i've used it since I was 8....
I keep forgetting that you are only 10 now. :D

Ive been using BBedit to hand code my HTML since version 2.1 back in 1993... but you were a newborn then.

I never tried FrontPage before, I guess I haven't like many of the sites that say that they were made with it.

I have been using a bizarre combination of PageMill 3, BBEdit Lite and Freeway 1.0 to do most of my work. I have GoLive 5 but I just haven't had the time to learn it. When I need something done, that is not the time to learn something new. And when I don't have anything to do, I don't have anything motivating me to take the time to sit down with it.

ulrik - when did you get another girlfriend? Were you going to wait till the shiny wore off this time before you told us?:D

hitting 1000 posts makes you spacial. very spacial. to see the new spacial dimension that has been added to you, turn your head as far to the left as it can go. then while holdong that position, rotate your eyes back to the far right. there did you see it? If you you blink at the wrong moment, you will have to start the entire process all over;)

and of course, we are proud to have served you your 1000th post.

I guess i'll see you in your congrats thread if you ever show up there.:p

so did anybody ever try to fix something, only to find out hours later that it would have been faster and easier to just start all over from scratch? arrggg!! that was what fixing the gate on the fence was like today:mad: In an effort to save about $40, i spent hours hammering together bits and pieces of the old one. i also found out that the previous people who had fixed it or installed it were bigger morons than me and they get paid to do this kind of thing!! They had the hinges on the outside of one post and the latch on the inside of the other. this explains why i never could get the lock to work right before!!:p

Any idea why the very tips of the leaves on my Yucca are going black?

Admiral, I'm assuming you mean a drink, and not an implement? Or indeed a half-man, half-undead vampire slayer? Cos I can only sort you out with the first one. THis is a bar after all.

(edited cos I originally put 'this is a bra, after all'. Actually, that was funny. Don't know why I edited it)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
ulrik - when did you get another girlfriend? Were you going to wait till the shiny wore off this time before you told us?:D

Nah, it's actually the same one....complicated story....

Originally posted by tismey
Any idea why the very tips of the leaves on my Yucca are going black?

Admiral, I'm assuming you mean a drink, and not an implement? Or indeed a half-man, half-undead vampire slayer? Cos I can only sort you out with the first one. THis is a bar after all.

(edited cos I originally put 'this is a bra, after all'. Actually, that was funny. Don't know why I edited it)

lol :p
I mean the drink (you know the martini & rossi kind that is an alcopop :p)

I have a blade at home already ;)

Admiral

Back