Herve's Bar & Grill

Something totally different:

just a silly question... but, i want to know that somebody really has used a computer to do something really "helping". Like for example helped your grandmother avoid to get deadly sick or for an emergency or blabla......

senne.

Tismey - browning at the tips is a tough one. it could be a variety of things. too much or too little water, sun, and fertilizer or improper combinations of them. I normally don't worry about a little tip browning anymore unless it gets worse. Once an entire leaf starts to die, then you can get a better idea of what is wrong. If your leafs have some yellow or brown spots on otherwise healthy leafs, i would suspect feritilizer burn - too much fertilizer by the grower to produce big plants quickly. This is common in store bought plants. in that case, give it a little fertilizer and accept that the bad leaves are going to die but that the next bunch will look good. As long as your plant shows signs of new growth, it is adapting to its new home.

I know this doesn't help a lot, but keep me posted if things get worse than just brown tips. Oh, and if they really bother you, take a pair of scissors and trim a few of them off. some plants will heal their leaves and do fine while others will gradually require more clipping til the leaf is gone.:)

Has anyone else noticed a dramatic decrease in work productivity when there's an Internet connection pointed towards MacOSX.com?

I seem to have a posting problem. Maybe I'll have to start a "Posters Anonymous"... :D

Originally posted by nkuvu
Has anyone else noticed a dramatic decrease in work productivity when there's an Internet connection pointed towards MacOSX.com?

yes.... i must ban myself from this site during work and hours that I do homework....

Yes, posting is definitely more appealing than doing homework :)

btw, IT'S SPRING BREAK FOR ME! 1 week of NO SCHOOL! WOOO HOOOO!

I feel better now :)

Part of my problem is that when I am working, I am running a lot of software tests. So I get to sit and watch the computer think for 10-15 minutes at a time. Then I realize that while the processor is pretty much locked up, I can still browse the web...

And there's the interest thing, also. :cool:

The worst part is that for a significant portion of the day I seem to be one of the only ones posting, so I feel like I am talking to myself. But in public, where everyone can hear me babble.

:D I will!

I'm not posting a lot anymore because i'm involved in some projects, such as AquaChat. Also because I now rate quality over quanity.

Quality is good.

Forums are good.

Procrastination is good.

800 posts is good.

Spring break is good.

The movie I just saw was good.

My friends I just saw are all good.

The weather outside today was good.

The music I'm listening to now is good.

Having to use windows still is BAD!

:D

P.S. My ibook should be arriving home in about an hour! yay!!! Oh yeah and my dad will be coming back with it ;)

ITS BACK!

I'm in heaven. After a week of hell you dont know how nice OS X feels!

Oh and on another note, I search for my name (Jeff Hume) on google and I am result number two with my weblog (jeff.hume.ca)! Thats amazing! Can anyone else here beat that?

Originally posted by googolplex
Oh and on another note, I search for my name (Jeff Hume) on google and I am result number two with my weblog (jeff.hume.ca)! Thats amazing! Can anyone else here beat that?

Check out the Google Search for Bruce Adcock. I'm results #1,2,3,4,5,9,16,19... (I stopped counting after that.) Actually, it's pretty scary, because you can get my ICQ number just by doing a Google search.

Anyone else get something results like this with Google?

No, but I do get a link to a paper I co-wrote in college. The class was taken about a year and a half before I graduated, and the professor retired about a year before I graduated. But the page is still active, and my name is forever linked to the processor paper I co-wrote...

not only have i noticed a decrease in work productivity when posting, i have noticed a decrease in posting while working. go figure:D

so i am including a pic of today's work project. I figure it counts for about 10 - 15 posts. It is the archway trelis i built from scratch. It was a good combination of frustration and a sense of accomplishment when it was finished. It stands about a foot taller than i had planned but i was tired at the end and didn't feel like digging as deep at that point:p

i think it will look pretty good once the morning glories, scarlet creepers and moon flowers have covered it. i plant them tomorrow, so it will be some time before it looks like much more than just wood.

actually, i just have my vegetables and a few other plants to get in the ground tomorrow and then i think i am done with the yard for now. At least as a project. Well, other than cleaning up the side access area where i have been dumping my messes as i go:p

no more home depot man

Originally posted by nkuvu

I seem to have a posting problem. Maybe I'll have to start a "Posters Anonymous"... :D

Christ, i thought i was the only one! sometimes i spen 4 hours browsing and posting here. i think it's getting to be a big problem. it's addcitive. i wonder if we are going to get nailed for possetion of too many posts...

Back