Herve's Bar & Grill

Yipiee, tomorrow the stuff from two ebay auction will arrive!
One is a Silicon Graphic Indigo 33 Mhz MIPS R3000 with 19'' SGI CRT monitor, the other one is a Sun Sparc 5. I got both for under 40 dollars :D
Can't wait to play arround with it :)

Just thought I'd share my joy with the people I love :D

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

33 MHz?!

just what exactly will you do with ALL THAT PROCESSING POWER!! :p :D

Becoming RICH AND FAMOUS! :D
Nah, seriously, I rather enjoy it to learn new systems/OS, and for playing around, these two workstations for 37 dollars is OK. Also, don't compare the 33 Mhz to anything x86 or PPC. IIRC, Silicon Graphics at the moment is at around 500 Mhz with its processors and well...we all know how fast and expensive these things are. I expect the machine to be somewhat equal to a Pentium 133 or maybe a Pentium 100. Together with a 1,2 gig SCSI harddrive, that's a good machine for a small, hobby development webserver or fileserver or mailserver or whatever. But basically I just wanna use IRIX. And not to mention having that ultra-cool indigo case on my desk :)

(not to mention that a 1.2 gig SCSI HDD alone brings you between 5 and 10 bucks on ebay)

sorry, hit the wrong button :rolleyes:

(damnit, now they all know how I got my post count - haven't I told you to be quiet in public? - yoyoyo, I know. Me quiet - Good)

Originally posted by ulrik

Becoming RICH AND FAMOUS! :D
Nah, seriously, I rather enjoy it to learn new systems/OS, and for playing around, these two workstations for 37 dollars is OK. Also, don't compare the 33 Mhz to anything x86 or PPC. IIRC, Silicon Graphics at the moment is at around 500 Mhz with its processors and well...we all know how fast and expensive these things are. I expect the machine to be somewhat equal to a Pentium 133 or maybe a Pentium 100. Together with a 1,2 gig SCSI harddrive, that's a good machine for a small, hobby development webserver or fileserver or mailserver or whatever. But basically I just wanna use IRIX. And not to mention having that ultra-cool indigo case on my desk :)

(not to mention that a 1.2 gig SCSI HDD alone brings you between 5 and 10 bucks on ebay)

Personally I would LOVE and O2 station :D
Money isn't much of an issue :p I can starve myself and scrape every single penny I can find, the problem is (1) space and (2) parents -- who take a look at my new aquirings and always ask me "where did you get it and how much does it cost?" lol :p
then I get the "you payed how much?!?!?!?!" :p

Admiral

Originally posted by ulrik
Also, don't compare the 33 Mhz to anything x86 or PPC. IIRC, Silicon Graphics at the moment is at around 500 Mhz with its processors and well...we all know how fast and expensive these things are. I expect the machine to be somewhat equal to a Pentium 133 or maybe a Pentium 100.

yea, i knew that, i was just joking around since the number is so low...

and those are the ones with indigo cases? could you find a pic of one and post it? i haven't seen one of those in a while!

ahhhhhhh crap!

seems like my dad applied for the loan but hasn't sent the order!

he just left for Illinois! (he works in Illinois but we live in Ohio.... we have to sell our house first)

great... now I have to wait until Thursday or Friday!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!

Does this mean anything to anyone else..? :D

I'm just teasing vic, so don't anyone go off and get offended or anything...

Attachments

• vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 16
Originally posted by nkuvu
Does this mean anything to anyone else..? :D

I'm just teasing vic, so don't anyone go off and get offended or anything...

kewl! i was actuallu going to do that but i forgot. thanks!

ai dunno about the teasing reference, but vic's new avatar makes Herve's feel a little like the bar scenes from star wars or next generation. maybe we should have a week where we all make alien avatars and make this place into a real space place.:D

just to totally change subject.....

PHOTOSHOP 7 IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! PHOTOSHOP 7 IS OUT!

You heard it from me first... check out VersionTracker!

i think the forum you are lookign for is "puff the magic dragon" or something like that. last i checked (april 15 00:49 AM) the cooming soon was still there.

cnada time for me. and i think the only relibale source is adobe itself. so it does not matter waht anybody else says.

is versiontracker to adobe what the times was to apple? if versiontracker is right then it will be out tomorrow or tonight at 12 USA time sorry i don't know when that will be.

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

yea, i knew that, i was just joking around since the number is so low...

and those are the ones with indigo cases? could you find a pic of one and post it? i haven't seen one of those in a while!

I'll send one as soon as I get it...which should be today

Back