Herve's Bar & Grill

I love Italians. I have dated a few before. They are great in bed.;)
On a serious note:
What is there to do in Italy? You know, bars, dance clubs, lots of criminals. That kind of thing.:)

Ah, I was in Rome in '97, a city full of corruption and heavy armed police. Sirens every tenth minute, angry taxidrivers who drove in 100 km/h in the city streets, and resturants that charged 10000 lire extra because we only ate starters (oh man, I'd be dead if I ate a whole italian dinner, those people are insane :eek: ) A nice city, indeed :D

The avatar? Oh? You already like it? I'm still working on it, just wait 'till you see the finished one tomorrow :D
I made it in ColorIt 4.0, a 50 $ Photoshop clone, it's pretty good, http://www.microfrontier.com . It's done pixel by pixel, so it's several minutes of work, at least if you want it to look good ;)

Uhm, better go to bed now... (ever heard a bartender saying that? :p )

klink shame on you for not knowing where firenze is :) When I was learning italian and I had to do italian video labs almost all of them were focused on firenze ehehe :)

appletree you will learn who herve is if you stick around long enough :)

Admiral
PS: Benvenuto appletree :)

I just promptly slapped myself silly for that.
And did it again just for good measure.

Firenze - Florence. Of coarse! What an American I am.

At least he's not Sicilian. Oops, Did I say that?

Scuza me Don Admirale.
Scuza me Appletree.

just dropped in to smoke a cig and take a break from cleaning house in prep for the big dinner party tonight.

what is appletree talking about - 200 pics and a website? didn't follow that.:confused:

klink, the pm box is clear again. and no, a white didn't send me anything. i guess he likes you better:p i did get one from you. the deceiving part of the pm box is when it is set to show only the last 30 days. makes you think not much is there.

LTM - like your new avatar too. I never was any good at that game but i liked to watch my son play it.

ok, back to housework. if i get done before everybody shows up, then maybe i can relax here for a little while.:D

time for another break - everyone should be here in about 45 mins. or less.

just one other thought about awhite for your klink. I thought about responding to his response and i figure at this point just ignoring him is the best policy. Let him see how it feels since he is in such desperate need with his html email thing. I sure hope he communicates with his clients better than he does on here. otherwise he will "end up working in a gas station":p

I'm not so sure he doesn't already work for m$:D

and i thought firenze was a planet on star trek. boy, you learn something every day.

and i love eating italian. it just doesn't like me. need the pepcid with all that red sauce. but alfredo is one of my staple favorites:)

Ok...I've heard quite a bit about this place...looks like a place I could relax in and get a nice steak skillet...I am starving right now...oh the joys of single guy apt. life...the best meal I've had this week is when I finished off some lunch meat that was in the fridge...and I've been told that the first round is free. Don't mind if I do...although it will have to be something non-alcoholic since I'm driving myself home ;)

ksv, could you get this fine gentleman one of your special concoctions please? I'm throwing the steak on the grill as soon as i add the secret seasoning. Now how would you like that - well done or just the smile wiped off the cow's face?;)

It's been brought to my attention that I have hit 4k posts :p

Bartender!
A round of drinks for my buddies here!
Cheers;)
(leave it up to RacerX to notice my post count :p -- I did not notice my post count till he pointed it out he he)

I never knew firenze was a world on star trek :p -- oh btw what was the last enterprise episode about ? I missed both teh run and the rerun! :(

now this is a relaxing thread! Not so f****** aggressive like the guys over in the f***-thread ;)

LOL, just kidding.

IIRC, this thread is about talking about your daily life, isn't it? Well, after three months of chaos (girlfriend left me, father died, company I worked for went bankrupt) I finally found a few weeks of "peace", whereas peace means since I am a freelancer, I am working from 10:00 o'clock in the morning till 04:00 after midnight...doing nearly everything, mainly webprogramming and artistic design work for several companies...all but what I used to do for the company (PC database daemon programming). I learned to hate PCs ;)

Allthough I somehow have less time now, the time I spend working makes much more fun...and I can't wait to get enough money together to get that PowerBook I want!!! I recently got an iBook but I am thinking of selling it and buying a PowerBook.

Well, tomorrow I have a rather important meeting with a big company which might indicate how soon I get my PowerBook, if you know what I mean ;)

Now, if only my "Girlfriend Version 4.0" project finally gets to an early beta build with the girl I am meeting for a few weeks now ;)
But well, I think I don't have time for it anyways...which reminds me of that joke.
"An IT guy walks down the road. He finds a frog, which immideatily starts to talk with him. "I am a beautiful princess", the frog says, "just kiss me and I will be rescued from this awful body of a frog". The IT guy takes the frog and sticks it into his pocket. In the evening, he goes into his favourite bar and shows everybody the frog. All of his friends ask him why he hasn't kissed the frog yet. "Well", he says, "I have no time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog is freaking awesome!!!""

Hmmm...the more often I hear it, the more I get the idea that this joke actually isn't funny...

so...well, where was I? I yes, drink beer. I'll get myself another beer from the fridge (which is just too far away from my Mac...I still have to get up ;) )....

Lets all raise our mugs to the Admiral! May he next 4000 post be as much for all of us as his last 4000!

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
I never knew firenze was a world on star trek :p -- oh btw what was the last enterprise episode about ? I missed both teh run and the rerun! :(

The Vulcans were... up set by the Andorians bombing their spy out post and desided to take it out on Star Fleet (by ending support of their space program). And some other stuff too.

To Admiral!

kvs- yeah I do like it already. Didn't seem unfinished to me. Cool, I'll look forward to seeing what changes. Night then.

Haven't seen tismey around in a while. Maybe he's... (looks over the bar and sees him passed out on the floor with a big smile on his face and maraschino cherries spread gingerly across his body). Ohh shit. You all right there mate?

Hey Izzy, welcome to Herve's B&G. Let me get you up to speed on what's going on.
The proprietor Herve has been missing in action for the past couple of days, Appletree is confusing everyone posing as the proprietor and counting pictures in base10 because his website is full?, tismey our alcoholic bartender is passed out on the floor behind the bar, kvs our non-alcoholic bartender left for the evening (can't blame him he's got a long walk home. Lives in Norway), BlingBling blew up kitchen the other day while making hangover-busters for AdmiralAK (emergency food replicators have been activated), Lessthanmighty is over the other side of the bar swishing in a puddle of dihydrogen monoxide mumbling something about a new in-ground pool for the bar, and Ed is running in and out of the place with paper plates and weenie rolls in his hands yelling "where's my fishing spear and grass skirt, how'm I supposed serve my Ausies fish without my spear and skirt!"
Overall, a normal day in the life in Herve's B&G.
It might have to be self serve for a little while. Have a seat and chill.

Hi ulrik- wow sounds like you do need a drink. Considering your last 3 months and what's going down with work, you should be drinking for free here tonight. If I can move tismey out of the way, I'll pop open a brew for you and it will be on me. This thread can be any frickin thing you want man. And the joke was funny. Got a chuckle out of me. Hang her for a bit while I take care of some stuff.

Well RacerX. I was wondering when you were going to blow in. Glad you made it. I'm sure some of your old pals will be by pretty soon.

Just missed you Ed (taking 3 time zones into consideration).
I'm touched then, mwhite does like me better. Don't be jealous now.
I was being polite and manner-full and leaving first dibs for a response for you since I was so rude and preempted you last night (unknowingly of coarse). While I was waiting for you to wake up this morning, I had written something pleasant in return but realized as you did that he's just to angry to see through anything and to just leave him be.
Hey I was waiting for you to tell me you were once an Italian Chef in the Naples. Ah, you disappointed me. I'm like Admiral when it comes to spicy food. You can't make it hot enough.
Admiral, next time I make some fried hot peppers I'll bring some in with a nice loaf of Italian round bread and we can see who hits the bread first. How bout it?
Anyway hope your dinner is (was) a smash Ed.

Sorry for the tardiness... it's the timezone thing... Not actually passed out behind the bar, (thanks for the concern kilnk) but please bear in mind it's both Chinese new year and pancake day, so it's been a mixed bag of an night.

Lessthanmighty - your screwdriver is on the bar, but I had to use a straw to stir it, rather than an actual screwdriver. Not authentic, but the best i can do.

And yes, Klink, that's Leamington, Warwickshire, UK. Hence the confused timezone shiznit.

Sorry mate, were you waiting?

as far as barman philosophy goes, I'll say this to Ulrik....

earlier, this polar bear walked into the bar. So I asked him what he wanted and he said
"I'll have a Jack"

"Daniels"

So I said, "Why the big pause?"

Actually, that doesn't work written down.

Originally posted by Appletree
wow People are reading my posts.

It happens. What can I get you? First one's on Ed...

Admiral, there's a 4-pint jug of ale, a pitcher of Marghuerita and a bottle of Ouzo on th etable in the corner for you. Plus some left over pancakes and some finger food. Let's make a party out of this!!

Wowee! I've just been through a time warp. When I walked in here there was just me and Izzy. In walks ulrick, saw RacerX pass by, hit return, buff! Next thing I know there's a party going on.
Uh, I feel woozy.

tismey, you just had to be from over the pond. Canadians don't serve stout like that. And pancake day! Right then, on with the festives.

Originally posted by Klink

Hey Izzy, welcome to Herve's B&G. Let me get you up to speed on what's going on.
The proprietor Herve has been missing in action for the past couple of days, Appletree is confusing everyone posing as the proprietor and counting pictures in base10 because his website is full?, tismey our alcoholic bartender is passed out on the floor behind the bar, kvs our non-alcoholic bartender left for the evening (can't blame him he's got a long walk home. Lives in Norway), BlingBling blew up kitchen the other day while making hangover-busters for AdmiralAK (emergency food replicators have been activated), Lessthanmighty is over the other side of the bar swishing in a puddle of dihydrogen monoxide mumbling something about a new in-ground pool for the bar, and Ed is running in and out of the place with paper plates and weenie rolls in his hands yelling "where's my fishing spear and grass skirt, how'm I supposed serve my Ausies fish without my spear and skirt!"
Overall, a normal day in the life in Herve's B&G.
It might have to be self serve for a little while. Have a seat and chill.

LOL...boy I have missed a lot it seems...I will do my best to catch up as I down this steak...great seasonings Ed ;)

Ulrik -- Good luck on that gf 4.0 project...I had a gf 3.0 year build but it crashed on me about 7 mos. ago...I'm trying to make a cocoa version but am not having much luck at the moment...all in time though...

Tismey -- watch out for that ouzo...if you drink too much you wont be able to make a fist for 3 days...

Back