Herve's Bar & Grill

I spent so much time in the bathroom my drink is warm, and I missed out on the entire conversation. I guess I cant hold my liquor like I thought I could.:D

Tismey, if you dont mind, I have just a coffee. Gimmie lots of sugar. I gotta keep awake.

Whos making the pancakes? Do you have chocolate ones? I think I like them. Im not sure. Is the bar turning into an IHOP?

What is the world coming to? Can a guy go to the crapper and come back without so much confusion. Im gonna cry.

(its the liquor talking dont mind me.):D

everyone turns to look at Ed who has fallen off his bar stool. In between his convulsive laughter, he gets out "KSV's new avatar:p "

eventaully Ed regains most of his composure and a few friends help him up off the floor.

now where were we? oh yea, deciding on drinking laws. I see no reason not to follow the laws of the country in which the person resides. so if a country says 16 is ok, then iguess we will just have to deal with their drunken adolescents as they do. and with all our international clientelle, i think we should be able to keep anyone from presenting false laws:p amd of course we can't help what they do outside before they come in. I do hope Alexandert learns to handle the stuff though. Or else he can start cleaning up after himself.

the idea of a sunburned monkey probably had me primed to burst into that laughter fit as well:D

I could use a strong cup of java right about now myself...I keep falling asleep in lecture...which I'm sure is not good...If I'm gonna be taking care of patients I should probably know the material :p

And pancakes are good any time of the day! I've had quite a few pancake breakfasts at 3am the night before finals...thank God for Country Kitchen and the 24 hour restaurant...

In Norway we usually eat pancakes for dinner, and a normal person/family eats pancakes about.. 12 times a year or something :)
Ah, pancakes are really delicious, but I simply don't have time to make pancakes every morning when I get up at 8:00 and school starts 8:30... too bad :p
24 hour resturants? Yeah, the nearest one is maybe 3 km's away from here and they probably only sell hamburgers and pizza :p
You see, norwegian cities are often large, but they're built and organized so badly that there are houses spread all around in a radius of 10 km around the centrum (where all the shops and most of the resturants are located), and all the houses look different. That's what makes norwegian cities look so enormous on pictures, although the population is so small. Pretty cool, but a bit messy ;)

Oh yah, drinking laws... it's 18 years here too, but who cares?... :rolleyes:

**ksv makes a cup of coffee for Lessthanmighty and fools him to look another way while ksv puts some heimbrent*1 in his coffee and makes karsk*2 out of it. Lessthanmighty drinks it, but can't get down a millilitre of it before he spits the karsk*2 out all over ksv's face and yells something we should not describe too detailed here on the forums, to ksv**

*1 home made, norwegian alchohol, often with a delicious smell of dead cats and sour milk

*2 heimbrent and coffee mixed together. I don't think I'll have to tell more.

I pretty much agree with Ed, this is an international bar, and we should follow the rules that applies to the country you live in. E.g, if you're christian, you are not allowed to view this content: "God sucks and Jesus was a fucking buddhist".
Any thoughts?

Hmmm.. I should tell my friend Hege to go and buy and send me some of that Norwegian alcohol.

I can try it and recommend it for bar use lol :p

Hey guys do you think a titanium purchase for about $1700 ( DVD, 256MB RAM, 400Mhz G4, no scratches, nothing bad) ????

Admiral

hmm...it's not THAT bad...but if I were you I'd pop the extra 300 dollars and get something brand new...for 2G you can get the 550 TiBook w/DVD, larger HD, free printer, and 256 megs of extra RAM at MacMall...

I'd not recommend heimbrent, it's dangerous, illegal and tastes dead cats ;)
Yah, that Titanium sounds pretty good, maybe a little bit much? I dunno, checked ebay?

ksv - christians can view that statement, they just can't participate in it. just as those who are underage can watch alcohol being served and consumed but can't indulge. this is a family establishement after all, a place where all are welcome. (helps keep the grill open - kids can eat a lot !!) and my impression has also been that jesus would have been much more supportive of communism than capitolism as well. I imagine he cringes everytime somebody buys a picture of him. I am sure he was aware that the market for his image would increase after his death and could have commissioned a few portraits if he had wanted to promote that kind of thing;)

so Admiral is considering a Ti book. and just where is this money coming from?:p

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
ksv - christians can view that statement, they just can't participate in it. just as those who are underage can watch alcohol being served and consumed but can't indulge. this is a family establishement after all, a place where all are welcome. (helps keep the grill open - kids can eat a lot !!) and my impression has also been that jesus would have been much more supportive of communism than capitolism as well. I imagine he cringes everytime somebody buys a picture of him. I am sure he was aware that the market for his image would increase after his death and could have commissioned a few portraits if he had wanted to promote that kind of thing;)

so Admiral is considering a Ti book. and just where is this money coming from?:p

Yeah, of course, it was irony ;)
Never take me seriously (except from when I'm not using smileys in the post at all) :p

he he - just didn't want any of the youngsters to think there was anything wrong with hanging out with the drinkers and watching them stumble and slur. there are valuable lessons to be learned thru others bumblings sometimes:p :p

so i'm going to start heating up the salmon. any takers?

That's given me an idea though, ksv.

Liquor coffees here at Herve's bar and grill. We've got Irish coffee, Jamaican coffee, Russian coffee... in fact, if there's a place that has alcohol in it, we've got a coffee from there.

Any takers?

Ed - if you could stick some of that salmon in a sandwich for me, that'd be great. I'm starved.

ahhh, kahlua and coffee. one of the things i miss most about not drinking anymore. and you're in luck on the sandwich, we just happen to have a loaf and a half of sourdough bread left as well. guess i should put that and the half dozen lemons out also. I think the salad and the dessert were the only things really finished off. :p

the cats have been going crazy every time i open the fridge and the smell of the fish wafts out:D I assure everyone their cats will be extra attentive after they go home with the smell of salmon on their breath:p :p

not responsible for GF's reaction though.

Hi there Ed. Thought I would take you up on that first round. I'll have a Speights, mate. Now that's a good brew.

Oh, I just found a wallet. Anyone lose a wallet? (just take a look inside). Oh shite! It's got a "Microsoft Fan Club" membership card inside it. WHO THE F%#@ OWNS THIS? Hey guys, we're being infiltrated...

Hi Zeal, glad you found the place. Tismey would you please get this man a whatever kind of brew he asked for? and mark it on the house tab.

where's RacerX? He's on Troll Patrol and is supposed to be watching out for these infiltrators. I think maybe we better beef up security. somebody put a "patch" on the front door please.

so Zeal, what did you use that old 512kE for anyway? I got mine for desktop publishing at the time. I used to typeset a monthly free entertainment paper on mine. It saved me hundreds of dollars every month for about 6+ years. It was long before pc's had windows on them.

So what kind of work do you do now that you need that other program so badly and couldn't make do with Appleworks' translations?

and anybody who really needs to figure out what Zeal and i are talking about, send out your intelligence gathering forces to find out about another thread he started because he needs help with osx - both with specifics and the general concept;)

hey hey, unlearnthetruth. glad you finally made it. gotta understand we got a poor location and strictly word of mouth advertising at this point. but that's been ok so far till we get everything working in the kitchen. first it was the grill and now the replicator is acting up. oh well, still no windows in the joint so we're ok enough.

and since we spend some time looking for new truths, shared truths and sharing half truths, i think somebody named unlearnthetruth should fit in here just fine.

I'll get your espresso since ksv is busy messing with the replicator right now. don't forget to tip;)

got any good stories?

thanks for the drink - i always tip well!

No stories really, short of annoying ex-girlfriends still harassing me to fix their iMacs.... (some of you may know what i'm talking about, if not, don't worry, it's not to exciting)... but aside from that and putting up with a complete and utter disrespect for the Macintosh on my campus, all goes well.

*sips drink*

Welcome to the Bar and Grill!
Pull up a chair for an informal interview for teh Admiral and Ed show ;)

Ed where is the money coming from? lol...hard work..lol :p Well initially I was going to buy it for someone (well they would gimme the money), then I decided to maybe sort of get it for me (after this other colleague of mine changed his mind) -- but thought that my parents would FREAK if tehy saw amother peace of tech in my room.
I feel kinda bad about asying "ok I will probably buy it" to going to "I wont be buying it" from this person.-- I feel like I kinda deceived him :p -- I will see if any of my colleagues want to buy it and will notify him tomorrow. -- some had expressed interest earlier today :)

Admiral

I'm disco Stu.....

hooray for everyone! did anyone else think realy speed skating was the coolest thing ever.

Sorry for the absence guys, its been packed this week, but all next week is vacation!;)

Back