Herve's Bar & Grill

Congrats Ed! Even if i'm writing this with you only having 2999 posts, it's close enough for me to make you a congrats thread... err... post (now does that sound weird or what!)

Congrats again! :)

JohnnyV: You'll have to get Ed to explain it to you. Basically, it's California mysticism :) Crystals, healing energy, aura cleansing, that sort of thing. It's all the rage in New York all of a sudden.

Ed's probably saving his 3000th post for something special...maybe on Friday when AdmiralAK gives out free beer.

1st - I don't save posts. i had no idea how many i had til it was pointed out. this would be the 3000th which means it is the 3000th time i have had something to say. but thanks to all who noticed (i think )but i'm still not sure i approve of all this post count watching. I know i started the first congrats thread. but it was half as a joke and half as an attempt to have a conversation with tolya, who struck me as an interesting person. Now that i know him, i know that he is very interesting and a very nice guy.

2nd - please, never refer to me as a new ager. i was probably a new ager about 15 years ago. i am now a full fledged pagan as JohnnyV correctly surmised. I have been very open about this both here and in other threads. I really thought the new age craze had kinda died out. but i guess it is going thru a revival in NY if what bluefusion says is true. If anybody really wants to know more, just ask. But bluefusions explanation is pretty close, except i wouldn't localize it as california mysticism. it is much broader than that. In many ways it is a good thing. It can be an important part of the path for many people. But like all such phenomenons, there are lots of scam artists and charletons involved with it. The common symbols of the new age movement are crytalls and white light. It is a bit unrealistically idealistic for where i am now in my spiritual evolution.

3rd - good question, where is Greg? (symphonix?) and what is he doing these days?

Hmmm....//he's either got a monkey on his tail, or he is busy with uni stuff (it sux to be a student lol :p)

As for teh free beer on friday, its only free to those over the age of 21 (or applicable age if you live abroad :p), non alcoholic drinks for the young'ins ;)

Today, I talked to my boss at work who is in total love with Macs...

he has at least 5 of them... PowerMac G4 @ 800 (maybe Dual 800) w/SuperDrive... a PowerMac G4 Cube (not sure about speed)... a TiBook (not sure the speed)... and a Gray iBook and Tangerine iBook (both are old generation ones)

anyways...

i told him that since i couldn't afford a new mac, i asked if he knew of anyone that has one they'd like to sell...

he's going to get me a deal somewhere! :)

hey ed... this realtor is pretty nice (at least to me as you can see :) )

xoot, I don't want to think about how soon you are going to get 1000 posts.

A congrats thread? For xoot? What? (j/k lol)

BTW xoot, does your name mean "the absence" or "nothing"? I had a wierd dream where these Canadian dudes were talking about car crash tests and they had a "xoot seat" which was the empty seat in the car....

woohoooooo :D
The unofficial end of the semester is here!!!!!!!!! :D
(well I still have to do a "small" german assignment by friday, but thats little :p -- I can do it tomorrow :D )

More news:, I am now on the departments web site dev team ;)

Admiral

woohoo :D
thanks tismey, thats all :D
Man, I feel so --> :D ... I cant believe I jsut ended my 4th year in college :eek: ... where DOES the time go ?!?!?!?!?! :eek: --

Back