Herve's Bar & Grill

now, now coach - we finally go t him out into the open. let's not riddle him with machine gun fire. better to shoot BB's at him for awhile and let the fun last:p

feeling attacked isn't so fun, is it Vic? now imagine what those soldiers you disdain so much feel like. They are in the midst of bullets and bombs and biological weapons and such. and they don't know when or where they are coming from. and we americans, we don't know when the next bomb will go off or the next attack will take place. This is why we are banded together at this point in time under this banner of patriotism. I am guessing you wish you had people who would band together with your way of thinking about now.

Ed not letting me have my say
i will agree with you on one of your points arguing against coach - that myself and others do bring more to our interpretations than just what you have written. I know coach likes to think he minimizes this by having his computer read the posts to him, but i would argue with you that it still happens.

:mad: Hey, let me speak for myself here!

:rolleyes: Uh, yeah... I minimizes this by having my computer read the posts back to me.

Okay, I just wanted to say it for myself. :D

A little more than a year after it's start (and much longer than I had expected) the cus thread has been closed.

This is a sad day... I think. :confused:

Too bad I only had one post in that thread.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
now, now coach - we finally go t him out into the open. let's not riddle him with machine gun fire. better to shoot BB's at him for awhile and let the fun last:p

feeling attacked isn't so fun, is it Vic? now imagine what those soldiers you disdain so much feel like. They are in the midst of bullets and bombs and biological weapons and such. and they don't know when or where they are coming from. and we americans, we don't know when the next bomb will go off or the next attack will take place. This is why we are banded together at this point in time under this banner of patriotism. I am guessing you wish you had people who would band together with your way of thinking about now.

Ohh. . . Ohh. . . Ohhh. . . poor little vic . . .

Well, thanks for bringing this to a halt, the argument has been made, i think you know my point of view and i think i know your and racerX's point of view, let's leave it at that. BUT. i want one thing understood. I don't need sidekicks. no, i do not: "wish had people who would band together with [my] way of thinking about now." in one of my arguments i said that i don't like people who fight other people's wars (or something like that) and i would be a hipocrit if i did not stick to that belief myself. When i speack seriously i do not speack to deceive, you can trust waht i say, maybe i don't explain miself too well, but no, i started this i will end this.

Originally posted by RacerX
A little more than a year after it's start (and much longer than I had expected) the cus thread has been closed.

This is a sad day... I think. :confused:

Too bad I only had one post in that thread.

yup. it's sad. i wish that never happened. but then again, when have i and the admin seen eye to eye.

Yeah, as funny as it was near the end, I have to say that it lasted a lot longer than it should have :)

So.. seeing as I dropped by at a rather angry time, I think I'll just disappear out of here for a bit until you guys calm down :) Although, needless to say, Vic, I don't agree at all with what you've been saying, but that's OK, we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Thank you and good night.

I love Americans, I love Canadians, I love Afganies, I love everyone, but I hate what some of these people (all people) do sometimes.

let the subject drop

BTW: I can't believe he closed the cuss thread!!
:(

I am not the creator of the cuss thread, but I consider myself an official spokes person. It is a slightly sad day for the "old timers" who used teh cuss thread for humor, and to casually talk about their news (much like we do here in the bar and grille) but adding a small cuss twist to it. None of us got offended, I did not get offended when J said ****** (I bleeped my selfout, dont worry :p), and converselly she did not get offended when I called her ********* (lol also bleeped myself out).

Latelly with this post jacking going on, A LOT of immature people used the thread to increase their post counts, and perverted the thread to something that it wasnt, and I have to agree with the admin, that the language did not stay contained in that thread, so closing it was the best thing.

Admiral

"A LOT of immature people used the thread to increase their post counts, and perverted the thread to something that it wasnt."

Admiral, I sincerely hope you don't consider me one of them...? :( :( Everyone seemed to hate me the moment I stepped into that thread; can you explain what I did wrong?

I think we should all drop the previous disscussion. All though its good to have disscussion like this in here it shouldn't continue that long.

About the cuss thread. It was fun. It became bloated and annoying after awhile, however. It is dissappointing because it was quite amusing before and it was all in good fun. Its kind of sad, but it probably needed to be done.

lol bluefusion I wasnt talking about you, so you can breathe a sigh of relief :p

I agree with google...eeerrr... I mean googol :p --- lets drop previous discussions and start a new one :p --- besides tonite drinks are on me ;)

speaking of who's not here, where is Tom WillB? normally he would have interjected something funny and disarming into something like this by now:p

ok, so everybody wants to change the subject. maybe I will and maybe i won't. because the thing that is starting to bother me more than any discussion is the number of people who want to see a thread closed or a debate ended anytime it gets a little uncomfortable for them. This is censorship and it is a nazi practice. It is also a means of controlling others and of insulating one's self from reality. and folks, i hate to tell you, but life isn't all white light and kisses. and we don't all agree. better get used to this. It is how the real world operates.

I have said it before in a different context and i will say it again here - i may not agree with Vic but i will fight for his right to say what he believes without being punished for it. We are all entitled to our opinions, and none of us have got a monopoly on the truth. in fact i think Vic made one big statement we can all agree upon - war is stupid. and only stupid people want to go around solving the world's problems thru violence. I just happen to differ with vic on what we do after some stupid person has started warring on us. I say we kick their ass and stop the warring. vic seems to take a more Ghandi like approach. All I can say is that if he truly lives that way, then he is a better man than me when it comes to being a pacifist.

Now, who wants to join me for shrimp for dinner tonight? We had 6-8 pounds worth that we bought for last weeks party and forgot to put out:p thank goodness it was frozen:D drinks on are on Admiral and Shrimp is on me!! so where is the merry?;)

I didn't want to censor anything, I just don't want the B&G to turn into another "Dear American Sports Fans" or "Repent for being a mac user". It just gets unpleasant and I think that the friendships shared between people on here get tarnished. I think that disscussion on this is good, but when it gets nasty, it isn't good.

Oh yeah, I love shrimp!!

I have a case of merry out back. I'll bring it in. :D

No shrimp for me, thanks, I'm herbivorous.

And BTW, I'm actually in agreement with vic as far as the whole fighting thing goes. IMO, if someone attacks you, then you attack back, you're just beginning the whole violence cycle all over again. Saying things like "But they started it!" sound petty and childish to me. A true demonstration of strength is to be able to resist the temptation to counter attack, without losing one's own integrity. Ever hear of Aikido?

Jeff, i guess we just experience it different. I normally come out of these discussions feeling like i know a lot more about the other person and having a closer relationship with them. In fact, take our relationship for example. We argued for weeks about mozilla:eek: and it got pretty hairy for me at times with everybody ganging up on me. But almost everyone that participated in that discussion are people i feel closer to and better about now. I would condier you and kilowatt and vanguard online buddies now. I certainly like you more than when we started that. same with MDLarson and Bernie and plenty of others who have had disagreements with myself and others. the ones that back off and don't let us learn anything about them are the ones who quickly fade into the past and seem not to be a part of the site anymore. I think Vic has shown he is here to stay. and frankly, i really have been excited to see him type these long posts and open up. I didn't know his dad was from Romania, did you?;)

nkuvu - i agree with you on a personal level - up to a point. But when somebody shoots the guy next to me and then turns it on me, i don't think i want to just stand there and watch the bullet be delivered to its target. It's not the same as a schoolyard fight.

so we'll throw some shrimp on the barbie, put some out cold with cocktail sauce and if anybody is good with tempura, get in the kitchen now and sart preparing them. Bring in that case of merry and lets get Tolya's party rocking!!

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
nkuvu - i agree with you on a personal level - up to a point. But when somebody shoots the guy next to me and then turns it on me, i don't think i want to just stand there and watch the bullet be delivered to its target. It's not the same as a schoolyard fight.
Exactly. That's the part of "not compromising your integrity". Aikido is a martial art in which the attacker's energy is used to disarm and/or disable him. Not disable like breaking any bones, but disable like pinning him to the ground. It's better explained at this website, which is a frame off of Aikido Online's home page. Aikido is a lot more than just person to person combat, its principles can easily be extended to your whole life. The whole gun pointing at you scenario is definitely hairy, but that doesn't mean that I'd just be idly standing by waiting to be shot. I may not be able to do anything, but I would try.

Anyway, I could go on and on about Aikido for hours. Don't let me hold up the party. I'll go see what's taking the monkey so long (I sent him to get the merry while I continue the conversation).

Back