Herve's Bar & Grill

Nkuvu: EARTHLINK KICKS. Especially their DSL, but their dialup is AMAZING as well. I suggest them 1000%... the only problem we had was with ordering our dsl, since our address changed during the order shipment period (and our new address was a phone line not served by Verizon, which is the dominant phone network in New York), which made things a bit more difficult, but it was straightened out finally, and I can't say I've ever had any sort of problems with them at all. Also, I just love the name and love the fact that I'm paying a company that Apple has owns a rather large portion of :)

if I spent more time at home I would get DSL as well, but I spend most of my time at the university, my office, which has T1 (and I have 4 computers each on T1 at my disposal lol) -- when my shift ends, I stay a "little" longer to chat with the night crew :p ---

I had the authentication errors as well today, different company. I get those usually when (1) their service is busy (I think) and usually when I log on when I usually dont (i.e this morning, usually I dont log on from my home)

weird

Admiral

Just ot make sure everyone's clear -- my problems with authentication had nothing to do with Earthlink. My problems were with another no-name ISP.

But Earthlink does seem to be kickin', I've been able to connect faster and at higher speeds than any other ISP I've tried so far.

Hey guys! Just had an exciting memorial day weekend (with no iBook, but you get what you get :(). :D

Back to posting. :p

A whole weekend without your iBook? Great Googly-Moogly, how did you survive? And when are they publishing your story of heroism and survival against the odds in Readers Digest? ;)

I don't even have dial-up now, since I spend very little time at home these days and can't be bothered paying for something I'm not going to use, especially when I can plug in anywhere at the University and get 100k of a daytime and 200k at night. (And I have an all-hours access card!)

so xoot - what was so exciting about your weekend?

(note - your post announcing you had a great weekend was pretty much a useless, meaningless post. you could easily have told us more about it without being asked;) )

ksv - thanks for the coffee. never tried mixing mocha and hazelnet. Cinnamon and hazelnet is very good though.

I can relate to all of you who don't like coffee but like coffee flavored stuff. I used to be the same way. Then when i eventually learned to like coffee, i stopped liking coffee flavored things. Big hint - try making your coffee with lots of sugar and cream to start - it will taste more like those sweet coffee flavored items.:cool:

oh, and thanks everyone for the feedback on the party pics. It was fun, but it really is nice now that i have shooed all those people away. I even got a little carried away with planting more plants this weekend. I counted having put 125 plants in the ground plus doing some weeding. I have one more plant i am still trying to decide where to place. I don't even know what kind it is. i just liked it when i saw it for 99 cents:p

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
Well, EXCUUUUSE MEEEE!!! (said like Steve Martin used to say it:D )

The way Steve Martin used to say it was more like "Well, EXCUUUUUUUUSE MEEE!!", I think you'll find Ed.

Crikey, away for a weekend and the B&G suddenly gets busy. Hope you managed to keep yourselves lubricated... Shame I wasn't here for the shrimp though, as my tempura is legendary.

Drinks are on me, as I think I'm in love...

Thanks tismey :D
I will have my standard morning frappe coffee ;)
Hmm... love eh??? love hurts....look at me! Iam bruised all over....I would be less bruised if I had a klingon mating ritual :p

Hey guys how will I fill the void left by re-runs this summer ????
no more original stuff to look forward to!...until the fall :( --- aaahhh I think I will spend time with my books :p

Check out my sig to see what I got...

(snickers and slight chuckles)

HEY! it may not be the best, but when i get a paycheck, it'll be a screaming g4! :) plus, considering that i got it for free, it was pretty much a hands down YES when I got asked "so do you want it?"

Back