Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by nkuvu
So what's with the ??? MB part? Hard drive space?
yea... haven't had time to completely look at it...

i'm upgrading it for $200 (or $300) to a 400 Mhz G4 (or 500 MHz G4)... not bad considering I get everything else for free...

and of course i'll max the ram out on that speed deamon... 1 GB (1024 MB)

also... just got home.. plugged it all in... turned on the monitor... turned on the mac... heard the sound... BAM! the screen is GREEN!

like there is no red or blue

the screen is GREEN!

it worked PERFECT at work... it's a 15 inch Apple Performa Plus display

uhh... anyway i can fix this?!

lol...

you know, the green-ness happened to my old computer (performa 6300cd) and I could never fix it (probably cuz I was only like 8, then I got a 350 iMac and stopped using the performa)

I had a PC monitor do the same thing -- apparently one of the control rings on the tube broke loose. So for mine, if I smacked it hard it'd go back to normal. For a while.

I eventually ditched it, since the repair bill would have been higher than the cost of a new monitor. This may not be the case for you, the place I went to (which I trust) said that they don't do monitor work and it'd have to be sent to Seattle (~90 miles away at the time). The shipping charges to Seattle for a monitor are not cheap.

By the way. If you get it into your head to work on it yourself. Do not do so unless you know what you are doing! The tube works like a huge capacitor and can give you a very nasty shock.

is there some sorta adapter so i can use my Dell monitor with the 7200? it's kinda weird that the older macs use these weird plugs (well, they're weird for me)

hey... congrats on the erm... new? old? computer BB.
It wasn;t very fun in Tahoe... Nothing to do. Spent more time watching TV there than I probably have in the last 6 months :D

Attachments

• theone.jpg
    theone.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 11
Beautiful BlingBling :)

I was looking around eBay for a used 8600 or 9600 to use as a server, but those things are too expensive! Boo for Mac's holding their value well :p They go for like 100-300 still. Oh well, I think I convinced my mom to give me one of her old PC's from her office and buy a new one for there :)

1 more day of school... then 3 days of finals... can't handle it anymore...

It runs all right... It's an 8500 running OS 9.1, with 492 MB RAM. It runs pretty good, but... can't compare to my iMac :D
Anyway, I use my iMac and 8500 about the same, using the 8500 for Photoshop AIM seti@home etc. and my iMac for web/games. Mostly it comes down to 8500:9 iMac:X :D

ahh finals $UCK!

i totally messed up my civics one... my french one was easy... 20 questions... i got 18 right... well, at least for part 1...

macman... i'm gonna try to max it out to the 780 that'll be supported with the upgrade card...

and which should i get... G3 (cheaper... still 400 MHz) or G4 (expensive... but 400 Mhz!)?!?!

also... just got home.. plugged it all in... turned on the monitor... turned on the mac... heard the sound... BAM! the screen is GREEN!

like there is no red or blue

the screen is GREEN!

This is a problem that Apple (Samsung?) had with a large batch of the Performa monitors. Mine (6300CD) had/has the same problem, Apple used to fix them for free, if you are the original owner. The problem is nothing you can fix, the whole tube has to be replaced, so your best bet is a new monitor or an adapter for your dell (yes there are adapters, my friend has one he doesn't use). I had mine fixed twice, and after the second time it went back to the way it was after the repair warranty expired. I would go with the G3 upgrade, because with the bus speed on that mac you probably wouldn't notice much of a difference in speed compared to the G4 :cool:

BTW, I overclocked my Performa 6400 today!! I was 100% successful and it is solid as a rock! From 200 -> 220:D

Back