Herve's Bar & Grill

yea, except his name is Casey, not Corey:p

you could even added an "or {pic of old style imac}"

so BB, do you get the picture now?:D

Tismey - get going with that tempura - there is still almost 6 pounds left. I had more with cocktail sauce for dinner tonight. Now if only you could teach me how to make the killer tempura, i would be in heaven. (and the yummi sauce for dipping in!!)

Originally posted by xaqintosh
Admiral, you have too much to do, how do you manage it and still maintain the largest post count?!?!?:)

xaq...xaq...xaq!!! have you learned nothing from my wise teachings ?!?!?! :p Go to Ed for a spanking :p (the one with teh vine whip...yeah the one that hurts :p) ... its not about post counts ;) --- I just take time here and there to come on into osx.com, see what mes amis have posted and reply :p simple :p

Admiral

Wow. I come back to the B&G and I miss like 70 posts. Geez. Well gang, here I am. Uh, we had most of our finals... English went pretty well, Spanish not so well, I took my math test and got the FIRST 100 I've ever gotten on a math test!!!!

And now we just have Physics finals and a math final... I can't stand my Physics teacher, he annoys the hell out of me. We won't have him next year though, which is nice :) Does this sound a BIT odd? : He comes up to me randomly one day and says that I owe him a "chapter challenge" (we do one about once a month). So I said, I thought I handed it in (since I had handed in the last one, no problem).. of course, he says I didn't, so I say, "OK, fair enough. What's the assignment?" (now, just to let you guys know, I've been out of school a LOT this year so I don't know a lot of the stuff I owe.. and teachers are not exactly forthcoming with this information). So he says, "Ask someone who was in your group," and I'm like, OK, fine. So I go downstairs, ask some people, and of course they don't know WHAT i'm talking about since there's a chapter challenge every month and no one knows which one I owe. So I go upstairs and he's not there, of course. So I leave for the day.

I come back today, and he says, "D.M, you owe me a chapter challenge!" and I practically screamed at him, "WHAT IS IT?" and he looks quietly at me (he's one of those really slow-moving old people) and says, very calmly, "Someone in your group will know." So I say, NO! No one in my group has a CLUE what you're talking about.. can you tell me what the assignment is? And he just shrugs and says, have it in by Friday.

So... a) what is wrong with this guy, and b) what do you think I should actually do? :)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
*as Casey sits at the bar perplexed by his next move, the voice of reason begins to chant - SAVE YOUR MONEY, SAVE YOUR MONEY, BUY AN IMAC, BUY AN IMAC

Casey wonders - wtf?*

BB - what ever happened to the imac you were on the verge of ordering before? i could swear your dad even gave you permission to go ahead.
i personally think my dad has a split personality... when he's on the phone, he agrees with me and then lets me do everything i want... when he gets home, it's a whole nother story! (he works in Illinois while we live in Ohio... it ***** until we get our house sold so he's away from Monday-Friday and only home on the weekends) i had to wait for him to come home for all the Apple Loan info...

then... when my mom starts complaining about "oh he's got too many computers!" when I really only have 1 (she didn't even want me to get the one i have)

i know ed, i know..... save money... save money... save money..

umm... that is a tried and tested method that doesn't work for me! :D i'm an impulse buyer! i buy things when I see them! it's a bad habit, but it's something i just haven't gotten the grasp of yet! LOL!

I try to save at leat $250 a month for a while, but you know me, I REALLY want a MAC BADLY! after about 4 months, i'll have a bit more than $1000 and maybe I can still buy one of the old style imacs from the Apple Store

ahh... my life is so complicated you don't even wanna go farther than the outside lining...

i could just write and write and write for ages....

Originally posted by Bluefusion
So... a) what is wrong with this guy, and b) what do you think I should actually do? :)

a) he's whacko! go talk to the principal-type-person of the school
b) smack him until he says the assignment

:)

personally, i'd snap on him and go bezerk!

xaq...xaq...xaq!!! have you learned nothing from my wise teachings ?!?!?! Go to Ed for a spanking (the one with teh vine whip...yeah the one that hurts ) ... its not about post counts --- I just take time here and there to come on into osx.com, see what mes amis have posted and reply simple

Admiral

yeah, sorry, I was more referring to all the stuff you have to do and the fact that you still post so much, not the fact that your post count is so high and I wish mine was (although I actually dont)

I tell people, whereever there is a will, there is a way (and thus time)....but my friends think that I am BSing them :p

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

i personally think my dad has a split personality... when he's on the phone, he agrees with me and then lets me do everything i want... when he gets home, it's a whole nother story! (he works in Illinois while we live in Ohio... it ***** until we get our house sold so he's away from Monday-Friday and only home on the weekends) i had to wait for him to come home for all the Apple Loan info...

then... when my mom starts complaining about "oh he's got too many computers!" when I really only have 1 (she didn't even want me to get the one i have)

i know ed, i know..... save money... save money... save money..

umm... that is a tried and tested method that doesn't work for me! :D i'm an impulse buyer! i buy things when I see them! it's a bad habit, but it's something i just haven't gotten the grasp of yet! LOL!

I try to save at leat $250 a month for a while, but you know me, I REALLY want a MAC BADLY! after about 4 months, i'll have a bit more than $1000 and maybe I can still buy one of the old style imacs from the Apple Store

ahh... my life is so complicated you don't even wanna go farther than the outside lining...

i could just write and write and write for ages....

Seriously, don't waste money on that computer.

1) 512 MB RAM (max) for the 7200 costs $190. This RAM is has a seek time over 6 times slower than on new Macs.
2) A 400 MHz G3 card costs $250.
3) The SCSI bus on the 7200 is incredibly slow (max data rate of 5 MB/sec), and expect having to pay around $250, maybe more, for a 36 GB drive.
4) FireWire/USB combo card $80.
5) The 7200 bus is too slow to handle a G4.
6) You can't run OS X on it. Even with helper utilities, the minimum is a PowerSurge computer (model range 7300-9600)
7) A used PowerMac G4 is cheaper than upgrading this one.
8) $770. You're going to pay that for a 400 MHz G3 system with a bus speed 12 times slower than on new PCs? Get a G4 on ebay, and use the 7200 as a server or something :)

Back