Herve's Bar & Grill

What are you talking about xoot.

The thread is just dormant. I think i could be revived. I don't think making your own 'cafe' is going to change things...

Ah, gplex just said "don't let my posts influence you :)"

I'm recreating the café. Now it will be "macosx.cafe." :D

I like the idea of removing post counts. But post counts let me know how much a person has been posting. Why don't we use the stars way:

1 star for 200 posts
2 stars for 400 posts
3 stars for 600 posts
4 stars for 800 posts
5 stars for 1000 posts

How about it? :)

Originally posted by xoot
I like the idea of removing post counts. But post counts let me know how much a person has been posting. Why don't we use the stars way:

1 star for 200 posts
2 stars for 400 posts
3 stars for 600 posts
4 stars for 800 posts
5 stars for 1000 posts

How about it? :)

No way. What's the point about replacing the post counts with something that's actually worse? :rolleyes:

Or maybe a status or something.

When you're below 1000 posts, "Status: Member."
When you're above or equal to 1000 posts, "Status: Elite."

:D

How about we just store in our minds who we consider to be a valuable member of the website based on the content of their posts? now there's a revolutionary idea!;)

Originally posted by xaqintosh
How about we just store in our minds who we consider to be a valuable member of the website based on the content of their posts? now there's a revolutionary idea!;)

Wow, you must be the new Einstein. Let's make a perl script to automatically figure out which posts are good and which ones are bad :rolleyes:
Or maybe we should make a commitee? :rolleyes:
Or, maybe Admin should read through every post, rate it and set ranks on the members? :rolleyes:

No thanks, I don't need help to get an impression on members and their good and bad sides ;)

that's what I meant. it should be a personal thing, we shouldn't have other people decide it for us. each person does it themselves in their own mind.

Originally posted by xaqintosh
that's what I meant. it should be a personal thing, we shouldn't have other people decide it for us. each person does it themselves in their own mind.

Oh, sorry, I completely misread your post. I was a little bit too quick there :p

Heh, when I first read your post I must have read it as "How about we just store on a server", not "How about we just store in our minds" :p

I know Einstein was Jewish.

And the ocngrats thread will be based on 1000 posts, until you find a better way, xaqstein. :p

ok, give me 24 hours and I'll think of something. "xaqstein" has a nice ring to it, don't you think? I like it.

Maybe you should change your AIM ScreenName to xaqstein, I don't like xenocytekron at all. :( :p

Or, with your real name, Zachstein. *ring* :D

Back