Herve's Bar & Grill

Heh, I think I'd just stick as a customer if that's what it takes to get a job aroud here :p

Hmm, I know certain people can't take caffeine at all. I have a friend that if he takes one sip, just one of anything with caffeine in it, he's bouncing off the walls. One time he knocked himself out at a restaurant because of it. We were sitting a table that was underneath a TV...he decided to bounce up out of the chair and hit his head on it.

We try to keep him from drinking caffeine these days....

So I'm running WinXP now at work. I was running Win2k before. The last MS OS I actually liked was NT4. I miss it. Sleek, fast, no-bullshit. I never liked Win2k. All the extra crap I never needed or wanted. Seemed disorganized to me. But at least it supports USB and Firewire. So anyway, something on the system got hosed. I was so sick of windows so I installed Linux and remembered why I hate it for a desktop. X Windows sucks ass. No way I was going to deal with that crap. I offered to buy a cheap Mac so I could run OS X, but no, it has to be a PC. Basically there is no current x86 OS I like. But there is one coming that I am really excited about, and will definitely be what I run unless the unlikely situation of Apple releasing OS X for x86 happens. BeOS. Believe it or not it's being developed. yellowTAB is continuing development of it. Apparently they got the rights to the BeOS PE (Personal Edition) before Palm got I guess the more pro version. So that's what it's based on, BeOS R5. It's called Zeta and it looks like it will be awesome. I am hoping for an initial release in the next few months. www.yellowtab.com . So for now it's XP. I'm not thrilled with it, but after some initial problems and typical MS stupidities, it actually is not horrible. Definitely better than Win2k, IMO. Then again they gave me a new machine. This Dell P4 2-gig with a gig of RAM. Freakin' fast this machine.

Oh well. Since I can't have a Mac, at least Zeta should be really good for work purposes.

Hey, what is this thing with everybody saying April Fools' Day ends at noon? This is about the third time I've heard it today, and I've never heard of this rule before. It's not like I don't know about April Fools', and about its history going back to the change to the Caesarian calendar, but this is new to me.

I was halfway expecting it was another April Fools' Day joke ... or has some government or other decreed that it shall now be April Fools' Half-Day?

Never heard of it either.

haz', yellowtab looks really promising. :)

Anyone for a coffee? I like how Monster does the espressos... :p

Here goes the espresso machine... Starting up... How many want one? Yeah I know you want one Gia, but what about the others? 2 or 3 cups this morning Gia or one will be enough?

GOOOOOD Morning! :D

More coffee... :p

How much coffee will I need to sort these out? I'm not joking. :eek:

5255unread2.jpg

Originally posted by hazmat
So I'm running WinXP now at work. I was running Win2k before. The last MS OS I actually liked was NT4. I miss it. Sleek, fast, no-bullshit. I never liked Win2k. All the extra crap I never needed or wanted. Seemed disorganized to me. But at least it supports USB and Firewire. So anyway, something on the system got hosed. I was so sick of windows so I installed Linux and remembered why I hate it for a desktop. X Windows sucks ass. No way I was going to deal with that crap. I offered to buy a cheap Mac so I could run OS X, but no, it has to be a PC. Basically there is no current x86 OS I like. But there is one coming that I am really excited about, and will definitely be what I run unless the unlikely situation of Apple releasing OS X for x86 happens. BeOS. Believe it or not it's being developed. yellowTAB is continuing development of it. Apparently they got the rights to the BeOS PE (Personal Edition) before Palm got I guess the more pro version. So that's what it's based on, BeOS R5. It's called Zeta and it looks like it will be awesome. I am hoping for an initial release in the next few months. www.yellowtab.com . So for now it's XP. I'm not thrilled with it, but after some initial problems and typical MS stupidities, it actually is not horrible. Definitely better than Win2k, IMO. Then again they gave me a new machine. This Dell P4 2-gig with a gig of RAM. Freakin' fast this machine.

Oh well. Since I can't have a Mac, at least Zeta should be really good for work purposes.
Is hazmat your friend, Darkshadow? :D

Sure, I can cook... mostly stuff you throw together, in a pan or bowl or blender or whatever. Whaddaya want? I can make great omelots.

I can cook! Like, cookies, cake, soup, bacon and eggs, anything that I can find in the cook book, stew, hamburgers, things like that ;)

I just did the iBook extended desktop hack, and man that is probably the coolest thing I have done with my iBook to date!
I LOVE it!

Can i have a coffee to go?
I can't cook for PCs. I am illiterate to cooking... ummm.... i dunno a word for it lol.

arden: Wha? Did you post that half alseep or something? Sure, I like Linux & X11, but I'm not gonna go blasting someone for not liking it, that would just be insane :D

Back