Herve's Bar & Grill

Ed, we also have that in NY, about sole proprietorship. Also bars previously established as "smoking bars". I think there are only about 5 in NYC that fall under that. That's cool that you had a vote, though. We didn't in NY.

At least it changes there ... not after years and years of changing it, but fast. I had some years ago to skip systematically some materials at university; the classes were in really badly planned aulas: (illegal construction materials used.. I don't remember which they were but even the material gave me lung problems) the air didn't really change at all, and the profs (and students) were smoking. I could say something against the students not to smoke, but nothing against the professors (or I would not have passed the courses). What sucked most was that it was only me out of hundreds or thousands of students reacting badly (body). I wish I could not care about smoking ... I like summer at least for the air: in the outdoor locals I at least breath normally .. *cough*

Is the Monster still sleeping? He makes good espressos... :D

Professors smoking during lectures at the university ? I did my study in Zürich and Neuchâtel in the early 80's, and I've never seen that !

At that time ? I'll prefer a beer or Whisky if you have...

Even some other Wuropean countries do evolve. Offices are still smoking, but I think smoking lectures is over.

Yes, nothing has changed. There it still is that, smoking profs. .. is Jack Daniels ok as a whisky for you? I think Ed needs to order a lot more, now that the Monster is here ... ;)

can someone stop the SARS!!!!
we're all gonna die. heh some chemical war. this bio virus will kill faster.

i can remember having a prof. who smoked in class back in the late 70's. one day he lit the wrong end and the class cracked up. :p

i also smoked in class in those days, just not cigarettes. :D

it was the 70's. an era long gone. actually it was boring as could be. hence the diversionary tactics. but those were the days you could sit on the lawn at SDSU and pass a doobie and wave to the campus cops as they walked by. (warning - kids do not try this at home. that was then and it would be downright crazy now :p ). not sure if i miss that era or not. although fridays at the bar ON CAMPUS were a lot of fun. :D

LOL! wow... i haven't smoked yet, i don't plan to until i am much older
you waved at the cops WHILE smoking drugses? That's like when my 18 y/o brother was drinking, and the cops drove by really slowly.... he was outside......... he smiled and waved at the cop, pretending he was a friendly citizen.

Yay i made this:
http://penguinn.com
and this will be the actual site:
http://penguinn.com/pengu

Originally posted by Androo
LOL! wow... i haven't smoked yet, i don't plan to until i am much older

Please tell me you're kidding. It's an expensive and disgusting habit. With all the money you would spend on cigarettes you could buy a bunch of Macs. ;)

I mean like, if i do at all (like TRYING), then it wont be till i am older.
I am addicted to MAC! I will probably buy a new one every 1.5 years...

androo - i'm actually glad you spoke up and i'm glad to hear that you are thinking like you do. NO KIDS should ever indulge in illegal drugs of any kind, including cigarettes and tobacco. Here's why - until you are around the age of 18 (sometimes older), your brain and neural network are not done developing. we know that some of this stuff effects these areas and can cause damage. you would be risking alot to gain very little.

personally i am drug and alcohol free these days and i can tell you that life is really more enjoyable this way no matter what anyone claims otherwise. Save yourself a lot of pain, learn all about the potential risks involved long before you ever consider 'trying' anything and make logical choices, not ones based on media images and peer pressures.

Yeah, plus there are much better highs. Like skydiving. But I don't do that anymore since I got into auto racing. Both expensive. Dammit.

hmmm... does caffiene count as a dangerous drug?
And i don't think that i'd be pressured into drugs... i'm not really like that, usually if my friends are like "Yo dude, do this man, do it, come on", i'm like all "ummm... NO!"
hehehe, Mac is my anti-drug.
Plus, my friends, they dont seem like they'd take drugs... they're like those people that just wont...
:D
Androo

no androo, to our current knowledge, caffiene is not a particularly dangerous drug. at least not when used in moderation. excessive amounts of it have been shown to be less than beneficial, just like excessive amounts of just about everything that effects your nervous system in some way. if you start feeling all 'jittery' or nervous for no real reason, stop your caffiene intake. you've had too much. ;)

Well, I don't intend to 'do drugs' of any kind ever for any reason :) I've heard the horror stories!
I read about how you can get addicted to alcohol much easier when you are young. Although my Dad has given me little sips about once every three months, he has never had a problem with getting addicted or anything, and I think I wouldn't either.

Hazmat: I plan to be a pilot, and I sooooo want to go Skydiving! I also live near some exceptional hangliding mountians, that would be really fun too!
Darn stupid $100 a year budget! I need to get a job.
Not many places want a 13 year old though....

Well you know, those darn child labor laws. ;)

I dunno Ed, I started drinking Dr Pepper when I was three...been drinking it ever since. I do believe there's probably some repercussions to drinking caffeine over a long period of time. I couldn't name any, but I do believe there are some.

I mean heck, my friends swear to me that when I'm cut, I bleed Dr Pepper. That can't be normal. :D

Hmm, try bungee jumping. Shorter distance to fall before you die. :p (Really, I'm just jealous, I want to go sky diving too.)

Back