Herve's Bar & Grill

SYSTEM 7 WAS 1991-1997!?!??!
i suppose it was pretty good then at the time....hey wait a minute... it's OS X 10.3..... wouldnt the next be OS X 11.0?

Well, according to DS's list, the highest any integer-numbered OS has gone is .2 before jumping up to .5 (except 4.3). If they keep up the trend, then, Panther should officially be called Mac OS X 10.5 because they almost never have had a .3 and never a .4 version.

Anyway, that wasn't my original point. Originally, I was saying what cat will be after Panther? If Apple continues to use large cats, they'd have to take their pick from Lion, Mountain Lion, Lynx, Leopard, or Tiger... unless I'm forgetting something.

Wouldn't you want to buy Mac OS X 10.6: Tiger?

On a side note, that list sure makes Windows' scheme (for a while) of numbering after the year really simple... too bad they stopped. It would be easy to tell both the version and the age of an OS if they named them after the year... like Mac OS 95, Mac OS 2000, this summer Mac OS 2003... They should label their hardware like that too.

Hmm, I dunno, what would they call all these updates that come out during the same year? Mac OS 2003.5.6 (month/day)? That'd be a weird version scheme!

Well, they could go with somewhat smaller cats as well....bobcat, cougar, ocelot, lynx.

Who knows what they'll start picking as names once they run out of cat species? It's not like they've always done that...almost all of the other project names from 7 to 9 were musical terms.

Personally, I think they're picking names that are synonymous with either fast or sleek, so I wouldn't be suprised if they started naming the projects after something other than cats before they ran out of cat species.

well... gepard, tiger (3 specs), ocelot, amur leopard, snow leopard, indian leon, african leon, ...

and windows will folloe the copy on the animal world: longhorn, ant, cockroach ... :D

Okay, you can combine different variations of the same into just Leopard or just Leon... Apple isn't going to differentiate spotted jaguars or black jaguars. But thanks for the extra cats! :)

I like Ocelot. It has a nice, exotic ring to it. Tiger just doesn't cut it for me.

Good one, Gia!!! M$ Cockroach! I love it.

MS used to use City names as codenames for their OS... no idea why they changed to Longhorn. Kinda dumb-sounding really. :p :rolleyes:

M$ must be going for the wild west theme. Maybe they're trying to appeal to Bush, The Princeton Cowboy.

.. :( I saw Requiem For A Dream last week .. and I love the movie, and hate how it makes me feel. And I'm not hungry.

AHH! Don't bring that movie up! I can't see it until Monday at the earliest, and I really want to!!!

ladies and gentlemen (and kitty cats) inside this bar, download Safari v74 update.... it adds support for some kind of SSL thing... for forms or login maybe?
aaaand i wouldnt mind a lime margarita (hold the alcohol, i dont wanna be drunk while working on penguinn.com).
Put down your metaphorical drinks and head on down to Software Update (on System Prefs blvd).
Androo?

ah..... my brother's software update has about 14 things... security updates mostly... hahahaha.. he still has 10.1.5.
I am having the 10.2.6 and eating it.

Back