Herve's Bar & Grill

welll.... im leaving.. cani have the bill? hmmm and maybe a metaphorical laté to go......
bye!
Androo
[aol: androo56]

It's quiet here lately androo. don't worry for the bill ... besides latte you write it latte not laté .. ;)

ah.. ok! then i'll have a LATTE lol. My grandma says littay..... hmmmm...
bye people's... i will always remember the delicious cyber food and drink here....

Err, Androo, what would you like your metaphorical Latte-to-go to be a metaphor of? :p

And why not have it here with us, after all, we're not really here anyway.

I finished the first episode of my comic, though the project has fallen behind because my scanner has decided not to cooperate with me anymore. That and I need to work out some script ideas for the next few episodes. I have the plot outline in place, I just need to fill it in in a way that seems to flow naturally.

i won't say good bye androo as i suspect you'll be back around sooner or later. can't stay that busy for the rest of your life after all. i hope you enjoy the real life that's coming up and stop back every now and then to share what's going on.

see ya later. :)

well yea... i'll prolly visit once in a while....
symphonix, the metaphorical latte will be of... all of our lives. Each sip you take, the less is left in the cup.

meh no what? i have a few things to sort out first. I wont leave for a few days....
though i am starting on one of the many websites i must make, which will lead into advertisements and weekly fliers as i travel deeper into the summer.

Originally posted by Androo
the metaphorical latte will be of... all of our lives. Each sip you take, the less is left in the cup.
LOL, that's amazingly deep! Where'd you come up with that? ;)

Originally posted by edX
i won't say good bye androo as i suspect you'll be back around sooner or later. can't stay that busy for the rest of your life after all. i hope you enjoy the real life that's coming up and stop back every now and then to share what's going on.
::ha:: He was right! :D

So what have you all done over the weekend?

I have finally come out of my shell now that I have been partially released by my doc and am able to get around.

I purchased a MotorScooter a few weeks ago, and this weekend I've gone for a long ride to/from my sister's place via a big park.
Nice 'n scenic!
icon7.gif

(click image to learn and see more)

Hitting swarms of bugs sucked tho!
icon10.gif

I also saw The Matrix Reloaded on Friday! Awesome!
Quick Quiz: Who stayed to the END of ALL the credits? I did! If you didn't - you missed something!!! And you are NOT as big of a Matrix fan as you claim! hehe
icon10.gif

Still need to see X2... what other good movies are out there?

I stayed to the very end, and now I can't wait to see the next one!!!! X2 is the only other recent movie I've seen, and it was good

my second day at work, and since im not really busy (since i am only doing one thing now), i thought i'd drop in.... and i am disapointed. Advertisements?!
Xmen 2.... i gotta see that!

Where are you working? What kind of position do you hold? What kind of work does it entail? What kind of salary do you have? Do you get to use your Mac?

Is it fun?

I am working through my dad sort of... people that he knows. I am web/graphic designer, and i am doing a bit of flash. I do it at home on my mac, so it sure is fun!!!
I dont have a salary i just get paid by clients.... but i really like it, people like me cuz i dont charge that much since im a kid.

you don't get paid by the hour and youre wasting your time? tsk tsk androo - time management... what kind of fee's do you charge being a web/graphic designer? are you out of school already?

It is easy to forget sometimes, Androo. ;-)

Best of luck to you in your new job. Design is one of the most satisfying careers that a creative person can get into, and you are making a good, early start. If you go that extra mile and really look after your clients, then when you leave school you will already have a steady flow of work. You'll be able to live where you want and how you want.

It might seem pretty silly now, but its your reputation and your folio that will get you ahead in business.

Bartender! A glass of milk for Androo! :p

i was kidding man :b
but really, im interested in what you charge? is it an actual fee, or more like "i wanna design your website... whatever you can pay me would be great..."? i might design a page for my mom's nonprofit orginization, and want her to pay me something :b

Hey, I just got an interview with "big blue". I might be doing some work on the helpdesk there, if I'm lucky and can keep my head during the interview. The only problem I can see is that I have a pretty lousy telephone manner, but I can work on that.

So, the interview is an "informal group session as a prelude to the real interview" which sounds very tentative, but its something at least.

So, I'll be doing a little more research tonight, leafing through recent Slashdot entries on IBM so I can demonstrate an interest in the company, and so on.

Anyhow, wish me luck.

Heh, luck to ya.

That's one line of work I'll never do, though. Sure, I love helpin people, but when someone gets to complaining about something over and over, it drives me nuts. I have a worse phone manner than you do, I'll bet. :p

Hmm, here's an example. At high school my senior year, I only needed 2 1/2 credits to graduate. Could've gone to summer school, but I didn't feel like it. So I just picked a bunch of electives to do for the other 4 classes I had to take (freakin school said I had to take 6 classes unless I did the work program). So I decided to work in the office for one of 'em. Actually, I'm suprised they even let me, I tended to go there quite often anyway. :D

Err...anyway, answering the phones was one of the things we were supposed to do. After the first day, the secretary told me I wasn't allowed to answer any more calls. Heh.

Back