Herve's Bar & Grill

But all the more power too them if they can relate to their peer group as a natural member... If you can get by the age barrier both intellectually and socially I say you are a true genius.

Well, being a genius is just as relative as being stupid, it's really just your outlook, be it positive or negative.

Don't they say you only use 10% of your brain?

Of course, if you really only used 10% of your brain, most of your bodily actions wouldn't happen. I think this is supposed to apply to thinking power.

But again, anybody could be a genius, but some people aren't, so then people are seen relatively, depending on an individual's opinion.

hahahahaha. Check out what Bill Gates says about computers...
Some of what he says amazes me - heres a quote.
Gates said it is Microsoft's responsibility to make computing trustworthy, adding that computers should have built-in patches to guard against viruses such as the "Sobig," which slowed e-mail systems worldwide last week.
What? Computers should have 'built in patches?' Shouldn't they just be safe from the beginning?
Not really a great article, I mostly laughed at the above quote.

Upgrading the server .. :--/

Hey, anyone has any tips for growing a healthy basil and pineapple at home? :)

Originally posted by Giaguara

Hey, anyone has any tips for growing a healthy basil and pineapple at home? :)

For basil, AFAIK plenty of sunlight. At work we have a big and very healthy basil plant. It sits by the window.

Hey haz :)

Both plants are growing in ceramic pots close to kitchen window.. I assume South windows would be the best but there is no window South here, so they are towards West (and get sun from just after midday till late). Pineapple likes the heat and sun too, I hope they like the companion of each other ... How big is the basil at your work? I've seen some pictures of pretty impressive sizec ones, but the one here is still less than 10" (a new one) ..

cactus.gif

Not sure. I'll get a picture of it. We have a digital camera there. FWIW: ours also faces west. I'll ask my coworker to waters and it and stuff for any other pointers on keeping it thriving.

One Thurs. my boss went and got mozzarella and tomato and bread and we sliced it all up and had mozzarella, tomato, and basil on bread. Mmmmm. Only problem is that I have stopped eating dairy for a few weeks to see how I feel. I think it might be dairy that clogs me up. We'll see. So she also got a thing of dairy-free mozzarella. Tasted good, but the texture was off. Too smooth. Jeez, eliminate the seafood from my diet and I'm vegan!

Cool! :D I eliminated wheat completelly nearly half a year ago. It just never had really had a good relation with me. So now corn tortillas (as for bread, pizzas etc) and rice (instead of pastas etc). Beans etc. I used to not eat any dairy products for a few years but I gave it up - I did feel better but anytime I ate anything heated, warm or that had eggs or dairy products my stomach got screwed. Or the only other thing (as not living in NYC) that was normally not having meat, dairies etc was salad.. it got boring. And it wasn't sure making socializing easier. Well, now it seems changing so in the recent years I've met a big number of not-meat eating people. (And I wonder if mac users are more vegetarians in media than the non-mac users?).

I feel I could give up them again. When I didn't use any dairy products my hands were ok. The more I use (milk etc) the worse they generally are. And seafood too .. well. What will be left? I don't like the taste of fat, and I don't eat onion, cucumbers or melons (they are in a lot of salads)...
carrot.gif
:rolleyes:

Back