Herve's Bar & Grill

Speaking about my bike...

Why is it that whenever someone knows I have a scooter but hasn't seen it, is shocked at the size when they see it???

Not to mention I don't like the word "scooter" since it's now assicated with those small "skate boards" (razors)...
I tried "Motor Scooter" but then they think of those Go-Peds (sKateboards with handlebars and a motor)??? ARGH!!!

Should I just call it a motorcycle? That's what it basically is, just a smaller engine...

Here's a picture

Maybe because scooters look like they are small but actually weight a lot and take a lot of space too.

I saw Real Women Have Curves finally yesterday - I missed it at the cinema. Have you guys seen it? I liked it a lot. :)

I haven't seen the movie...
but its exactly how I feel about women!!!

I think my best friend (female) is PERFECT! Looks beautiful as she is! Yet all she talks about is losing weight!!! ARGH!!!
(Yeah, she's got some meat on 'er - but just enough to make her soft and looks great!).

I even dated a semi-petite japanese girl in college, and she too said the same thing!!!???

What is it with this damned country that makes women (and men) starve themselves and be sick all the time just to "look good"???

Not to mention a strong gust of wind would knock 'em over (or carry them away, like some guy I know - he's patetically thin! And sometimes tries to shove me out of his way! Not gonna happen!)

It all just makes me sick! :(

Sogni, try moped? I don't know if it's the right term, but compared to scooter (wimpy little hunk with rollerblade wheels) it's a much better term.
And wow - I just got a Dish satellite system and 100 hour Dish DVR at home, and it rocks. A new 27" TV too ;^)
Watched tennis all day today, went to a party, and watched more tennis!
I actually came home from the party early to watch more tennis!
But thats only because the US Open was on all day, I would have watched it even if I didn't have so many channels.
Oh, and then I saw the Gophers finish beating and then trouncing Troy State, I turned it off with about seven minutes left after the Gophers ran the kickoff back for a TD.
VIKINGS VS. PACKERS TOMORROW EVERYBODY WATCH IT!!!
Ahhhhh...

edit: tune in seven thirty pm cst for that vikes game... I see moss breaking out and the vikes offensive line dominating the packers defense.
I really hope my guys can take the packers!

I got run over at work today. Twice, actually.

It's really not as bad as it sounds. I was running the Bump'n'Tag attraction at Funworks, and once I got squeezed between two cars, and another time one ran into me. I'm okay, though, all that I got out of it was a little dirty.

Sogni: Did you Photoshop that image? It looks like it's hovering in mid air. Where's the shadow?

Hey, not everyone that's skinny is that way on purpose. I'm rail-thin, and can't do a thing about it. Eat all day long, and I'm still this thin. :p

Originally posted by arden
I got run over at work today. Twice, actually.
Do you get hazard pay? :p
I got run over at work once, years ago - and I'm still having problems (thus the mention of my bad leg and/or surgery every now and then).

Sogni: Did you Photoshop that image? It looks like it's hovering in mid air. Where's the shadow?

Hmmm... yeah - it does look like it's hovering, doesn't it? I didnt notice that before. And no - not photoshoped in any way.
The hovering effect is probably because the front wheel really is in the air - the stand raises the front wheel so only the rear wheel is on the ground.

As far as the shadow goes - it was getting dark, and the main light was produced by my digital camera's flash. The only other light was from a street light in the alley at the far right of the pic. So most of the shadow I'm guessing washed out against the shrubs...

There is a LITTLE bit of a shadow if you look closely at the ground below the bike.

Oh and the hovering circles is dust on my lense (or was that rain drops?).

Well the two of you (DarkShadow 'n Arden) are exceptions!

Ticks me off - I have a friend like you, we eat same places, he eats twice of whatever I eat -and he's a stick! I'm not! :p

We's finally gaining some weight tho - took him long enough! lol

Okay, I see the shadow. :)confused:) Not really though... but I believe you.

No, no hazard pay. I wasn't hurt at all and it's really my own fault for venturing onto the floor when the cars were moving. If I had complained, they probably would have told me about "next time."

How old is your friend, and how is he gaining this weight? I might try his trick.

Originally posted by arden
Okay, I see the shadow. :)confused:) Not really though... but I believe you.

LOL
It's the slight discoloration on the floor that's about the same lenght as the bike! If you need to - click on the picture itself to get an even bigger version! :p

How old is your friend, and how is he gaining this weight? I might try his trick.

Uh... you know - I'm not sure how old he is... (counts, 28 - 20 means I was 8 when I met him, he was 3, so 5 year difference) he's like 23. :p

Trick? Hmmm... serious girlfriend (fiancee?), so he kinda has two families (both Hispanic families - one half Black) now so he probably gets force-fed a bit of good / fattening food more often! LOL :)

Other than that - I know of no trick, I guess whatever was keeping him thin finally wore out? :D

Get a long time relationship. People who are married etc normally have less sex than singles and spend night rather home eating more than the singles, so they become fat. :p

Or you could gouge on junk food one day, then fast for a day, then gouge on junk food for a day, and then fast for a day etc...
Gouging gives your body lots of fat, and fasting makes your body store fat (because it thinks it will need it because you don't eat for so long). At least I think that would work... But I can't imagine why you would want to put on fat -- try eating a well balanced diet with lots of natural foods (for god's sake drink unpastuerized milk, america) and quite a bit of protein and every day when you wake up do 4 sets of 20-30 push ups and 4 sets of 40-50 sit ups. Build some real muscle, you can really bulk yourself up.

Sogni: Well, maybe there's a difference between the general Hispanic metabolism and the general European metabolism, or maybe I just need to wait until I'm old enough to drink and get a good beer belly. :rolleyes: I actually had Mexican last night, and it was really good, although I can't eat food that's too spicy. Fortunately, this almost wasn't too spicy. ;)

G: I'm like a married man without a wife. I don't have any sex and I usually eat at home, and I definitely don't get enough exercise. I just have a fast metabolism, is all.

K: Yeah, I think I'll skip the binge/starve cycle. Definitely not a healthy option. Maybe I'll start eating more McDonalds! :p Yech... I have tried exercising in the past, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I don't know what it is about my body that doesn't respond to lots of food or lots of muscle-building exercise; I can't do anything with it, much like my hair without any product.

Back