Herve's Bar & Grill

Gia you are one lucky (panther?) powerbook user! how much extra ram did you get? Is airport extreme as fast is it sounds? How bueatiful is it to actually own the machine?

Which size PB you get Gia?
How you like it so far?

I decided a new iBook will not do for me and might endup settling for the 12" PB if I can get a loan (altho the no PCMCIA Slot and no FW800 keeps bugging me).

Wait, I am trying to order the Panther... i got just 256 + 256 mb, I try to survive with 512 mb in the beginning ... the annoying thing is I don't have the right screwdriver! It'll take me 90 seconds to install that RAM once I have it, and I didn't find one that is right size! Argh ... so, in 256 mb :(

Poor Giaguara :(
Arden, thanks for the offer :) I actually redid my 30 math problems, and got only two incorrect this morning. Both because of stupid mistakes. I think I'm OK for now! :D

dlloyd: You only missed two? That'd be exceptional for me! :D I think i'm suppost to take the ACT this year. But I'm not sure how exactly I go about doing that. :(

I've got a huge math test tomorrow. It will be the difference between an "A" and a "B" in the class. Hopefully I'll do well. I studied so it shouldn't be too bad.

Never been to a school dance before. Really nervous.

Oh, you'll be fine. Just remember to ignore what anybody says about you and simply have a good time... chances are they'll just be involved in doing their own things to bother picking on you. The only school dance I went to was senior prom, which was pretty cool, and everybody just had a good time.

I've been playing drums for 3 years. I got my kit 3 years ago this month, but I started in that August. And I have fun with them.

Change the ".mp3" to ".html" and you'll get a page from which you can link to the file, if it gives you trouble... I forgot that provider doesn't like hotlinking since I haven't used it in so long (due to the embedded ads and popups).

Wow, 6666 posts arden ;).

My cousin has a toshiba laptop. She asked me to look for more ram for it... she started drooling for macs when I got mine ages ago. Today a friend specified me what kind of RAM I should look for her .. and what do I hear "Hey, hold on, don't buy me that ram yet ... I'm seriously thinking to switch now!" She said the last time I saw her (a few weeks ago) she'd want her next laptop to be a mac. And about around next year. At her home they are all pre-switchs: not liking Windows, and use Linux mainly (and drooling for macs). :D

This week's been great .. new iBooks (though they didn't have them on the store yet), I got my pb which I definitely don't regret, jsut thinking "wow, those new iBooks must sell a lot" ... and Panther coming tomorrow. (And I still go to the on-store event). Now if my cousin wants a mac too it'll be great. (and one of my neighbors was to buy a 12" pb, he ordered his 14" ibook yesterday! Lucky he didn't do it a day earlier, and my friend is selling his iMac and getting a G5) :D

This week feels so maccy. I want in the near future to buy a mac that can run 10.3 but is not super potent .. to my parents. Myu mum has NEVER used computers, she is not at all computer or tech literate. My dad is interested in doing a computer course (where he lives, only pcs..) ... If I can ask a mac user friend close to them (15 mins or so) to be sometimes a tech help for them or their problems it'd be great. I am sure my mum will love iChat AV. If I show how to call me free - and yes, I don-t like phone or talking. She does .. If I can show her why she'll like iChat AV, even my parents would get a(n i)Life. .. and then of course my mum would have to be able to call my sister too so she'd need a mac too... ;) :p

Congrats!
I feel like partying...but all my friends are working. :(
Oh well, I'll party with all my friends at macosx.com!

*free drinks around on Trip*

:D

Yes!
I'm not sure if I like the new Threaded View option, and having to click on another button to activate Quick Reply sucks...

There are... 8 T-shirts, and 5 other shirts, so :D

G, where'd you get 6,666 from? This post will be 5,062 as soon as I post it.

If I had an iSight and a Mac capable of voice messaging, would you video chat with me, G? That would rock...

Awesome ...

I bought a new plant today! Chocolate mint ... :p I hope it'll enjoy the company of the basil and pineapple. Oh, and some cool pumpkins too .. how do you cook pumpkins? Or should I jsut use them (big orange classic halloween ones) only for decoration? :p

You peel them and cut them to pieces and then boil them. Use as vegetable or in soup. Can also process for creamy soup.
Alternatively you cut off the top, clean inside, hollow them out a bit (leave a 1" thick border), fill up with bouillon (any) and torn bread, put top on, put in oven for a while and serve hot & steamy.
If you want to cut them up for Halloween, try hollowing them out as much as possible, but without actually piercing the outer layer. When you put a candle in, it will shine through. Practice first and then try to make an outline of something (a bat, a grin, eyes etc.): more effect and sphere than simple cut-outs.
;) Enjoy!

I ate pumpkins soup tonite.

Vrey simple: take the flesh of the pumpkin, cut it very small (I don't know the english word for "hacher"), add some cream, heat it... add salt and pepper...

Back