Herve's Bar & Grill

*passes satcomer a pint*

Cab's on the way amigo. :)

Its a bit early for the beer here so I am getting stuck into some improbably strong coffee. Anyone else for an espresso?

Coffee sounds good.
Anyone doing anything for the Chinese New Year? It's on 26th Jan this year (next Monday that is) and it'll be hte year of the Ox.

*hands gia an espresso*

RE chinese new year, i had forgotten about it, might have to cook something chinese, though its my least comfortable asian cuisine to cook (I am much better at thai/vietnamese/japanese/malaysian)

At least they should have nice parades in decent chinatowns.. like in London.
I was planning to make a quick day or two trip to London, should have just got the tickets for this weekend to see the parades too. But I never ever know enough in advance when I'm 'volunteering' on-call weekends. But one of these days, before the pounds gets back to the value it had just a few months back...

Coffee sounds good.
Anyone doing anything for the Chinese New Year? It's on 26th Jan this year (next Monday that is) and it'll be hte year of the Ox.

Well, other than listening to Eric Idle sing about why he likes them :p, we had a party to celebrate my wife's birthday (which was on Thursday) and my youngest son's birthday (which is today). Good times had by all. :)

Heh.. and time to add again something nerdy. Instead of the St Hallmark's Day on Saturday there is something much cooler before then. Epoch 1234567890 ....
Countdown app for iPhone (how could there not be one)
Free drinks on the bar on Unix timestamp 1234567890 :)

The epoch clock is cool, but I just can't make up my mind if I want that or a binary one.
I had to capture the magic moment. Too bad none of the 1234567890 parties were around here :)

I'd like fresh pitta bread and taramasalata, with a side dish of chilli chorizo sausage and a large glass of Gevertztraminer. Please.

Yeah, don't remind me about that epoch time. I was planning to take a screenshot when I got home, then I got busy with the kids at home and completely forgot. *sigh*

Cuppa joe...cream and sugar, please...thanks. ;)

I did take a screenshot of it ;)
I think I need some Sicilian red wine - an interesting week so far totally absorbed in vSphere...

First post with my new unibody macbook, thought I'd make it here :)

Been OK except the third part ram I fitted was faulty and had to be replaced. The 500gb HD went in pretty easily though.

So I'll take a beer and the macbook will take a draught of tasty chilled electrons.

Back