Herve's Bar & Grill

Well as it goes my new mac on;y came about after my old macbook pro had a dangerous liaison with a glass of water:(

Cheers Satcomer, much appreciated!

I got the 2.4 macbook as I couldn't stand buying a machine slower than my 2.33ghz MBP. Really liking the new trackpad with all its gestures etc.

Yes, the new trackpad is actually very nice even though I was wary of it before testing it out. It's actually more intuitive than I had expected it to be.

Yep, I didn't even notice the lack of a button, i was very glad that the new pad clicks as well as being able to turn 'tap to click' on as I prefer the physical feedback of the click.

One thing i notice is i do some accidental zooming from time to time with two fingers on the pad.

Incidentally if anyone wants an espresso martini, i recently learned how to make them and will happily shake one up for my fellow bar patrons.

If you want to try at home (and possibly incur the wrath of Herve!) here is the recipe

2 parts espresso (stir to cool it a bit)
2 parts Vodka (better vodka = less pain the next day)
1 part Kahlua
dash of sugar syrup

Shake over ice then pour into a martini glass and enjoy!

Yeah the click feedback is definitely nice. What I thought was even nicer was how well it resisted against brushes from one's hand when typing on the keyboard. Very nice touch there, so to speak. :p

Barkeep, fetch me a beer and a glass of Laphroaig, will you?

Well boys, I had to come back. Last Mac I owned was a disaster that spent 6 months in repairs, 3 months with me and most of those it was just waiting to get back to repairs. After a few years in the Windows world I finally gave in to the longing for Garageband, PhotoBooth and general feeling of applications working together in harmony.
Guess I'm back to bother you all.

Welcome back Voice, long time no see! I see ya bought the same macbook I just did, hope you are enjoying it.

Hope you enjoy Garageband, not used it myself (I deleted it off my last machine to make space) and there is always logic express or the full version of logic if you want to trade up.

PDS - 42 is like a cup of tea in Britain - the solution to every problem!

Maybe that's why America has an obesity problem - a slice of pi is the solution to all problems :)

Ha. A piece of gluten free π, maybe with arrow√flour :) and a chai please.
I just watched the HD Simpsons episode of tomorrow, it rocks. The only thing that was completely wrong was the 'police' car as that just plain should be 'garda' (but probably in US they wouldn't get that). Apart of that little detail a perfect episode - everything from Paddy's to Barry's tea and Blarney stone just hilarious.

I need a drink. Wine or Swedish cider or anything. I'm tired, grumpy and not on the best mood. Feels like paperwork wise I have achieved less than nothing in the past 2 (or rather 7) years.

Swedish cider? That sounds good.

I like Normandy cider, but I still think the English make the best cider (especially local farms in Kent, Herefordshire, Somerset and Devon).

When I lived in Camden Town, London in the 1980's there was a large refuge (2600 beds) for homeless people, and in the daytime many of the residents descended on Camden Town tube station to while away the day drinking Tennants Extra (Scottish canned beer at 8% alcohol). They were a pretty inoffensive cohort (apparently they tended to only commit homicide when back at the refuge). However, they always looked ashen. They had the sort of facial skin you see with chronic smokers with severe emphysema.

When I visited villages in Devon in the summer, I used to come across the local homeless pissed up on Devon cider. They had fantastic complexions (rosy cheeks), a grin you could die for, and completely vacant eyes. What a way to go.

Back