Herve's Bar & Grill

I will I guess. Need to get some people to celebrate Paddy's day, and I'm for some reason finding a lot of friends are making excuses not to go drinking this Thursday.

I did end up spending Paddy's day with just my Mr. in the most Irish style pub in town we knew. And since then, we did have a few proper pints in Ireland too.

Now... well, summer is on definitely, been for a long time. How's everyone doing?

I've got the balcony even greener than last year I think. Two bananas, 4-5 pineapples (hopefully ready for a pineapple fruit next year), some smaller ones too, patio tomatoes, strawberries, some Korean herbs I don't remember the name of but that love the balcony, a new lemon tree, lemon grass, Thai peppers, various herbs, and one coffee plant out of five from last year still alive.
Kind of looking forward to having a balcony that will get daylight also in winter - here it's just early morning sun, at the best until 11.30, but between September and March nothing. One of the number of reasons for looking for a different place...

Does anyone else like gardening here? Surely I can't be the only one...

Or if you don't like gardening, let's talk about books then.
Do you prefer your books analog or digital? What kind of stuff do you usually read?
Who are your favorite authors? Anyone in bookcrossing or goodreads? What are you reading now?

Well in m y older age and love of podcasts I am now using audiobooks from Audible.

Now, anyone up for a drink on this US holiday weekend ?

Woah!!! Still lives. Incredible.
B33R M3 NOW and keep it coming, been a long, long while I haven't come here.

Giaguara Hi!!!
I don't really call it gardenning but I have a few plants outside my apart. Got strawberries too, roses and a few flowers I have no damn idea what they are. I have a nice front yard full of sun so it's good for the greens.

I read too, last one I read is Night World 1 and the one before, I went back to reading it again, it has been a while. The Alchemist by Coelho, what an amazing read this thing is. A wild adventure. A great moral. Yeah I like.

Well I have a thing for paper so most of them are this way but I read a LOT of stuff online so makes me say about the same of the 2...

I am a Science-Fiction, Horror and Classics reader mostly. But the 3 best books I've ever read are Neuromancer by Gibson, Hyperion by Simmons and 1984 by Orwell.

NOW my Mac... I'm sooOOOoOoOOOooooOOOoo old school, it's a dinosaur. Running Panther 10.3.9. Yeah talk about behind, way behind. But I have the most it can run as far as apps go. It's way up to date for it's not up to date at all operating system. LOL It can very hardly handle the new sites and stuff, it's a G4 Sawtooth. That's ok, I can manage to wait longer for a page to load and not see some stuff. There's still a lot of things I can watch so it doesn't bother me. Still manage to have a lot of fun and create a lot. One day I'll have a better one. No worries.

And well, Satcomer, you always come up with the most interesting stuff, very cool.

L8r gals and guys

->:)

Last edited:
Hey, I remember your 8.6 for a long time so I guess 10.3.9 is a lot of steps up from that :)
The growing season starts to be over here... mostly because of the lack of sun for the direction the balcony is facing.
Herve's could definitely get more revival of the thread... how about a free virtual drink for the next page? :)

Well, you might still want to go there one day to see how funny the M$ stores are. :D
I saw last summer the one in Minneapolis. Directly in front of the Apple store, and everything pretty much like in Apple store but always with the twist like "let's not call it a genius bar" "let's make that long desk of darker and cheaper looking wood". Oooh - and the Microsoft dance. Did they hire a bunch of folks from Joe's Crabshack?

Everybody must get drunk! A Winter Lager for the season.

Happy Hanukkah & Merry Christmas everybody! :D

Last edited:
Yea, happy Saturnalia and happy Mithra's birthday or Catmas or whatever solstice thing you might fancy celebrating :)

I hope people haven't quit drinking yet :)
I got some nice aged cachaça this week from a friend who went to São Paulo. Strong stuff...
Or how about some Paddy's, Satcomer? A delicious, Irish whiskey that seems just impossible to find in the US. Apart of some JFK tax free (and probably Boston)

Giaguara said:
I hope people haven't quit drinking yet :)
I got some nice aged cachaça this week from a friend who went to São Paulo. Strong stuff...
Or how about some Paddy's, Satcomer? A delicious, Irish whiskey that seems just impossible to find in the US. Apart of some JFK tax free (and probably Boston)

Never had that. I'm a straight beer drinker don't you know.

Do people still drink boiler makers? I can't anymore, not that I did many in my youth, but when I did the evening was a riot as was the next morning. Just to know they still exist. A wee glass of this or that is okay these days.... in moderation...... of course.

reed said:
Do people still drink boiler makers? I can't anymore, not that I did many in my youth, but when I did the evening was a riot as was the next morning. Just to know they still exist. A wee glass of this or that is okay these days.... in moderation...... of course.

That's the drink for college age kids. I had to abandon those kind of drinks when I left college.

How was everyones summer (winter down under). I sure hope everyone drive safely or used a DD when having drinking and parties. Be safe.

Back