Herve's Bar & Grill

We were watching the match yesterday (supporting England, I'm afraid) and we thought it was going to be a continuation of the English tradition of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...
Oh well, clearly not this time! A superior English side and poor Welsh discipline.

I hope the Saints (or the Colts) learn the lesson here.

What a game - Saints by 2 touchdowns!

It sure didn't look like that was going to be the outcome after the first quarter.

So the Six Nations matches are only every week, or is it more intense?

I can't even remember the ads - except the stupid one for the Dodge Charger that made me sure I'd never buy one.

And I remember the Tebow one, but only know what it's about because someone told me.

And the Who made me feel old. :( They are my favorite band, and the show was wild, but Roger has smoked one too many Pall Malls.

Last edited:
oh - and the Letterman ad was funny. But CBS made such a big deal about how all the ads were sold (after rumors appeared that they couldn't sell them) and then lots of them were for CBS programming...

End result - betcha it's a yoy decline in revenue even with increased viewership.

*Walks in .... Place looks dusty, dirty and dim ... *
Hello? Anybody here?
*Removes spiders and cobwebs*
*checks beerpump: DRY!!!*
What has happened??
*Takes out flask of whiskey from the cupboard. Opens flask and pours a good measure in a glass* GULP...
What to do? Close this joint?

The next round is on the house :)

Soo... what's new y'all?

I don't like noticing it's fall again... the temperatures start to stay below 90 most days.
Well, I guess time soon to start to figure when and how to start to grow some of the plants that need lower temparatures to get started.

getting ready for winter here in the nor'east. got the 3 bmw's stowed away in the shop for the winter and got the suburban and truck out. looking forward to buisness slowing down for a few months. all is well in my little corner of this dirt ball.

Leave turn?
Well, at least the trees are green. They were brown earlier but as it's been raining recently it looks much more lively again.
This year the plan for Octoberfest is to see New Braunfels. :)

they are starting to change along the tow path and harpersferry. as it changes more it it gets quite pleasing to the eyes.

Northern Dutchess County is beginning to turn, the drive from the river to Amenia (over a bit of a hill) is gorgeous. I was traveling up from the city the other day and you can see how the color changes as you go. Kind of the opposite of the Bluebonnets marching up from the south around San Antonio.

Tis the season of Apple Cider for the kids, hard cider for the adults.

I haven't had good hard cider since I moved from Upstate NY. I sure miss that in the fall Because this retired math teacher would make some and sell it around town. Nothing like locally grown made cider.

Last edited:
Oh well, a change for tomorrow to 50++ F to JFK and hten 50ish in Europe for a week...
Oh well, time to meet the relatives :) (and good enough as a comment for who don't know the long enough story..)

@ sat

Too true. Cider just does not travel well. The best stuff is made right here in the Hudson Valley. 'Course I think our apples are the best anywhere too. Probably because I can walk up to the tree and take my pick. :)

Yikes... cider :(
Do me a Westmalle Triple please.

Wheather is soft and rainy. A sweet start of fall here. Makes up for our weird political conditions :p

I feel jealous of you all in Europe. It is sometimes hard here in the Southern States to find good beer. Individual Brew pups are hard to find around these parts unlike the Northeast.

In the case of the UK, I'd say we are blessed with many micro and medium sized breweries producing traditional ale (room temperature). Also many pubs and bars now also sell good quality ice cold German lager.

That said, most Brits still stick to mass produced insipid tasteless lager, which I find hard to understand.

I'm not a beer fan but I feel the pain of poor selection of drinks.
Occasionally some pubs or breweries have about Hot Fuzz selection of wines (i.e. two kinds: red, and white)

Back