Herve's Bar & Grill

Except...
1. There are those who think it is all about them and them alone. The what's in it for me syndrome.
2. These are the same people who push the lies and CAN NOT be trusted. Similar to a snake oil salesman.

Do we let one leader just invade and take over land that is not theirs? Putin took parts and essentially got away with it. Now he is threatening war on the world. If it becomes a world war with the US involved, it will be because the other guy threw the first punch. And my crystal ball is cloudy when it comes to the question of nukes.

Well here's frightening article Ukraine invasion: Putin puts Russia nuclear forces on 'Special Alert'! This is getting really serious now!

ok so my point was too subtle. Let’s see
a bombastic, autocratic, surrounded~by~yes~men bully, anti-democratic leader with a penchant for (character) assasination, a narcissistic nationalist show off prevaricator ?

yup - we got one of them

Pullman just broke Internation Law by bombing a maternity hospital!
He did that on Tuesday. (Today is Thursday). He has committed a lot of international laws - Today his soldiers took over a city and cut off their electric, heat, and water. I wouldn't call him a humanitarian.

I come to conclusion Putin wants to become the Soviet Union again and another Stalin! So those small countries you're next on his list!

Last edited:
First, he is miffed (a mild word) that the Ukies did not just roll over for him. Second, he will not stop at Ukraine. He wants to be THE super power and rule the world or close to it. He wants to control it all. He was not a happy camper when the soviet union broke apart and he wants to return to those days of dictatorship with him in charge of course.

to get a separate subject it look like Spring is trying to show itself! At the beginning of March we got 3 feet of snow cover! Now on 14th we now have 50 F (10 C)! I don't about the rest of you I'm starting to get sick of snow! Spring keep going and I sure hope that old saying "March comes in like a Lion and Out as a Lamb" hold true!

That old saying holds true, but around me, mother nature has a habit of dumping snow on us in April. Hence I don't work in the garden until late April.

To change the subject but this inflation is starting to make this Independent to Vote in Republicans this time around!

Devil's advocate here: So the reason the price of beef, gas, chocolate, and toilet paper has gone up along with the price of homes, cars, and bread is because the Feds are printing money nonstop. The virus and lockdown which closed factories which created a shortage and backlog had nothing to do with it.

What the republicans will do is raise taxes to everyone but the ultra rich, dictate what you can learn in school that is opposite from what is real (basically rewriting history) as well as dictate what your wife, mother, and daughters will be allowed to do within their own healthcare. To top it off you could be sued for helping the women in your life.

To me what is wrong with the Education system at least in my State is local Property value taxes! That's why in my State Suburban Schools have better education then country or inner city! I believe we need a better funding source for public schools!

o me what is wrong with the Education system at least in my State is local Property value taxes! That's why in my State Suburban Schools have better education then country or inner city! I believe we need a better funding source for public schools!
Agreed ! The suburban schools get more tax money than the city - especially inner city - because of the property tax base. That is why there is such a disparity. The school funding should be totally from the state (or fed, or both) not local property taxes.

But if republicans have their way, they would give all the education money - even your property tax money to charters. Sorry but a business person - or group has no idea what is needed in a school and school district. Teachers are not teaching widgets.

disclaimer: I am a retired elementary teacher.

Have to agree with Satcomer here that free money has had an inflationary effect but disagree that Republicans are less at fault for it, or that they as a group more likely to find a way to stop it. Democrats and Republicans both backed the spending spree.
When wages go up at the bottom of an enterprise and don't come down at the top, the enterprise has to charge more for it's product to keep the balance sheet stable. Investors demand that. They demand that profits rise - not salaries either at the bottom or the top.

Stay independent and look at every candidate to assess if they still have the common sense so lacking in government and the ability to work well with others to break down this partisan gridlock we are in. Cheryl will understand - someone who's report card says "plays well with others."

Re school funding. - In NY (as well as many others) the Lottery was supposed to be fundraising for education to address the imbalance in school quality but one has to wonder if it doesn't do the opposite, perpetuating the imbalance, exacerbating poverty in those poorer districts as people with nothing to loose spend hoping that when they are "in it", they can "win it."

School funding - Illinois has a lottery. It was sold on the pretense that all the gross proceeds would fund schools across the state. Until the politicians decided it should go into the general fund. Hence out schools do not get the proceeds and there is a question if they ever did.

To me there is a reckoning coming in Mac Software industry because I still see freeware/shareware that are Intel only! The last Intel Mac is Mac Pro and IMHO will be replaced this coming Fall and these software need to become at least Universal or die as Mac software developer!

Some may see it as a huge payday, but others look a bit further out. Would you really want a 10 year old with ADHD (my view of him) running the company? He didn't like the rules of being on the board so he decided to buy the company so he can change the rules... on top of the fact that he does not have to cash to do it.

Back