Herve's Bar & Grill

ksv

web developer
The M1 is awesome. Looking forward to next gen Apple Silicon chips! It's taken surprisingly long so far for a two year transition. I got an Air first and then got it replaced by an MBP from work. I think I actually prefer the Air – better keyboard and I still find the touch bar less usable than physical keys.

It's so nice to see that familiar faces are still around here. Cheers and wheeee!

ksv

web developer
This one is for @ScottW

I joined this place in 2000, when I was 12. After a while and quite some posts, edX invited me to be a mod, which I felt as a great honour. Not sure how long that career lasted, perhaps a year or two.

I think it must've been the summer of 2002 when I was approached by a guy, Bjørn, on the airport on way home from summer vacation, for the sole reason I was using a PowerBook G4. Back then, there weren't many Mac users, especially our age. Turned out edX was a fellow acquaintance! Bjørn met edX the year before. Bjørn is now a lecturer and edX a psychologist.

I've made such a lot of connections through this forum, mostly indirectly. Once, I made some question about arabic language, and Gia put me in touch with a Saudi, who connected me with another person who's been a friend for years now.

The only forum member here I've met in person though is toast (François), who I made video reports with, from Apple Expo 2003. He also came visit us in Oslo in 2016.

I'd like to hand out big kudos to @ScottW for still keeping this forum up. That's some longevity!
Cheers for friendships and lifelong connections :)