Herve's Bar & Grill

no phil, there are other jobs i haven't had and i even came close to working as a carnie at the state fair one year. i had a good friend who worked as a carnie. she used to tell me all the tricks. i still let my son spend some money on the games when we go places like that, but i keep him to a real strict limit. sometimes it is fun to get ripped off. I have done a lot of things. i have a very long and somewhat varied resume and that doesn't include plenty of odd jobs i don't list. jack of all trades, master of none. ;) oh, i have never been a construction worker

"any manual labor i've done,
was purely by mistake"
- Jimmy Buffett

Tolya, you are imaginative regardless of money. it's what we love about you. so now let's see how fast you can drink those ouzo's and lemonade:p

now i gotta go check the bathroom. after klink has been in there for 48 hrs, there is probably more to be done than i thought.:eek:

In my defense, the hairy trucker with the flatulence problem was in there before me... and didn't flush.
He was mumbling something about lobsters and Jesus.

a likely story klink. but just this once we'll let you get away with it' we just don't want to let you think you can NY fasttalk us and we'll believe anything you say.

now if you'll excuse me i've got to get the bleach:D

Herve, i'm going to need more bleach. we've only got five gallons!!

I like either one, and I really don't have any personal problems with people calling my real name.;)

I didn't know tha tthe chairs had telescopic legs!

* Phil gets up from the bar and moves over to the kids table, pushing nummi out of his high chiar and sitting down.

Sorry guys, I'll have to relinquish my olf farts club license for a small while.

*Nummi, withering on the ground: "Thats not funny!"

The message is immediately sent to his parents.:D

Klink, make sure you drink at usual interval so that I know when to not post. In the word's of AtAT, I cannot be held liable for "nosers."

lol hey I only got one ouzo+lemon for me, the other ones are for you klink and phil :p lol (I ordered 4 did I not ? :p)

Hey klink :p -- tolya is a "recent" development in macosx.com hehe- it's not even 2 months old lol

I am so bored --- 10 hours of work today BUT I will have 12 hours extra of vacation in the summer lol (meaning a day and a half in terms of workdays :p)

As for gigs, there is a scene here in Boston, lots of clubs and whatnot, I am just not THAT interested in it ;-) -- equipment costs $$$ and for me to either FIND my CDs or burn whatever songs I want to use from my MP3 backups would be a pain --- I much prefer to use my studio ... mode casual lol --- gigs maybe when I have time to play more with equipment and real time mixing ;-)

Admiral

Phil, it's more for professional reasons why I would like to keep my real name under raps. But there is a personal side to it as well. Mostly for the same reasons you chose Matrix Agent and not Phil_Xxxx when you signed up for this board. I will address this in a more personal forum.
Telescopic chairs are widely used by even the tallest of giants. Sometimes you bang your knees on the table and realize you should move back to the bar. The hard part in using the chair is knowing when you've banged your knees.
Now, let us wave our private parts at your Aunties.

Admiral thanks for the ouzo+lemon. To BlingBling, cheers. Mmm, kinda like Sambuca with more of a kick.
I have a couple of friends who are trying to make a living from it (DJ'ing). One does straight mixing for small parties and the other does more of technical support for the big parties. I was astounded at how far technically the big party DJ's have come. These guys use sequencers, samplers, keyboards, turntables, CD mixers, and medium size mixing consoles. Close to professional recording gear. It's an enormous amount of work and I'm told the shows are pretty intense. If you ever get to do one I'm sure you would love it.

Hey I spent about 4 hours reading through the cangrats threads. Amazing!

Ed, you ok in there?

Fast talking NY'er? Really? I've never been called that before. The typical harsh NY'er yes. I can't talk my way through a paper bag.

I would like to have a fe turntables a nice mixer and CD players but this stuff costs money :p --- I dont want no dinky little simple mixer :)

How did you find the COngrats threads klink ?

boy, that was work. thanks for the waders. saved my life. i slept very soundly after that.

klink - anybody who spends 4 hrs reading the congrats threads and still speaks to us must be officailly proclaimed 'friend'!!:) i would think most people would fall asleep before they finished.:eek:

as for fast talking, let no stereotype go unchallenged. i imagine some people see me as being from SF with long hair and think i wear tye dyes all the time, stay stoned (drop acid for breakfast), and a variety of other stereotypical things, when in fact i am clean and sober, have tye dyes but prefer suits and ties most of the time and am as interested in the NFL as the ACLU. so we (i) will tease you about NY stereotypes from time to time and you can feel free to do the same to me.

now you guys be careful with those chairs. replacing the furniture is expensive:p

i personally prefer real names when people let me use them. Even in the pagan world, where people have these names like "Star Dancer" and "Moon Chaser" i tend to try and find out people' s real names. So i know a bunch of John's and Steve's and Beth's and Mary's instead of Eagle Claw's.

Tolya - you and klink can split the ouzo's . phil is underage and i don't drink. so you guys enjoy.

phil's underage ???
hmmm... I will give phils to herve then, lets see what kind of philosphies he comes up with then :p

As for yours... I will give yours to that nice looking girl at the bar ... its saturday :p -- my opportunity to snatch the chance lol

man I feel so lazy to do my HW today :p whats wrong with me ? :p :p -- maybe tomorrow I will have better luck, this stuff is due on monday :p

Admiral

Admiral
I know it can cost an arm an a leg and a few other body parts. But on the other hand, the equipment available for this kind of work today has never been closer to an average DJ's reach.

With your technical expertise it would be no surprise you would frown at the small toys. Gotta start somewhere though.

I thought those threads were fantastic! I was very surprised to see such personal conversations. Hats off, that takes a lot of bravery and feeling comfortable about yourself. Kind of loosens me up a bit to do the same. I must say I found that you and I have more in common with our families than I thought. I'm a first generation Italian/American whose parents came off the boat in the 50's. Didn't start speaking English till about 6 or 7. You should have heard my accent in grade school. The grandma thing, your pops and moms, you might as well have been talking about my family.

Ed
I'm honored to be called your friend. Oooh makes me feel so gushy and creamy inside. Watch your shoes.
Well stereo type away, there's always that bit of truth that makes them so irresistibly fun for jokes.
Ike Willis, Thing Fish and Joe himself. I liked that story. You probably have a million of them. Count on some brain pickins.

I think before I buy any equipment I will spend some cash soundproofing my room hehe so that I can blast the speakers and not disturb a lot of people :D

then somehow connect it to my mac :)

Tolya, the girl at the end of the bar said thanks and wants you to join her. I warned her you were a nerd and she said that was ok. she is looking for a nerd. i would be careful if i were you - she may be a con artist.;) (don't forget, use Tolis:p )

klink - i will have to admit that one of my favorite Zappa albums that most people just don't get is "just Another Band From LA" because it is so full of local LA sterotype humor. If you have never seen a Zachary Hall commercial, you don't really get the full affect of "Eddie are you kidding?".

feel free to pick my brain. just don't use an icepick:p
i am constantly puting my brains on the shelf. i hate it when they spill all over the floor and i have to pick them up:D

Honestly Admiral I wouldn't waste the money on sound proofing. You'll never get it good enough to appease your neighbors even if you've spent thousands. The bass is what kills you. Throw your cash into the equipment and the music if your serious. And some nice gifts for your neighbors goes a long way.

Hee hee those silly play on words kill me Ed. Watch it, you'll have me doing those to.
I don't have that record but my head tech at work is another big Zappa fan. He might. I'll ask to rummage through his collection and see if he has it. Sounds like I might need the amo.

Icepick! That almost slipped right by me.

If I were you Admiral, I would buy the kickin-est thing I could find. Neighbors? I dont believe I know this word. Are those the people that live on your street? They have a dog right? It keeps you up all night long and you cant sleep. What is more annoying, doggie... music...doggie...music? Teach them a lesson. Fight fire with fire... unless you live in an apartment or condo. Then you have to be louder than the broom stick that they are hitting the ceiling/ floors with. :D ;)

since this is the place to talk about anything...

i have decided to return the new imac and stay debt free for a while but upgrade my current dell to a new AMD Athlon XP 2000+ Processor & Motherboard. I know it is hard to do, but it is something that had to be done.

Sorry for letting down the Mac Community, but it just wasn't in the cards...

this one issue of noise is why i have always preferred living in a house rather than an apt. or condo. I have always ended up with the cops called to my door any time i lived in an apt. i have lived in a couple of good duplex situations where the neighbors on the other side of the wall were cool or never home, but give me an old house anyday compared to a newer, fancier apt.

on the other hand, i have become much quieter in my middle age and it would probably be me annoyed by the noise these days. go figure.:p

hmm, makes me want to hear some Jimmy Buffett -

I rounded first never thought of the worst
As I studied the shortstop's position
Crack went my leg like the shell of an egg
Someone call a decent physician
I'm no Pete Rose, I can't pretend
Though my mind is quite flexible, these brittle bones don't bend

Chorus:
I'm growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead

Sometimes I see me as old manatee
Headin' south as the waters grow colder
Tries to steer clear of the hum-drum so near
It cuts prop scars deep in his shoulder
But that's how it goes (that's how it goes), right to the end
Though his body's quite flexible, that barnacle brain don't bend

Chorus:
I'd rather die while I'm livin' than live while I'm dead

(instrumental)

Now don't get me wrong
This is not a sad song
Just events that I have happened to witness
And time takes its toll as we head for the poll
And no one dies from physical fitness
So what the hell, we'll take it right to the end
As the days grow more complicated the nightlife still wins

Chorus:
Let those winds of change blow over my head

more lobster anyone or maybe crab legs this time?:D

I can just picture you Ed. In your little apt. Standing on a stool with your bathrobe on. A broom stick in one hand, a phone in the other. (the phone has a speed dial 911) You are banging on the ceiling yelling at the "young ones" upstairs because their music is too loud, while at the same time telling the person on the phone to send over a cruiser to deal with these out of control kids. :D ;)

Hey BB - you haven't let us down. it is you are who going to deal with it. we were all hoping the best for you. Don't let it get you down. you are certainly still a welcome soul around here. We know this must be paining you. so now you will have to figure out a new battle plan. Maybe a few more months and the lower end imacs come out and you don't order every accessory available with them and... well, just keep working at it. sooner or later it will happen if you really want it too.
here, have one of my special mountain dew and storm with just a hint of Jolt cola drinks. be sure to eat the cherry as it is very potent. it's ok. you can sit up here at the bar and cry like any real man would in a situation like this.:( ;)

Thanks Ed... that drink actually sounds pretty good right now... even in reality! The worst part of all of this... it's standing in my entry room right now... oh the agony!

(sob) well, I guess I can upgrade my PC now and then buy a Mac later... either a PowerMac or an iMac (when they introduce the 17 inch model)

btw... where's that drink damnit! :D :p

Back