Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

so symphonix, surely by now a Herve test would be no sweat. the square root of blue is red and there is an infinite # of tuesdays in an imac. sounds more like your first set of exams at school are causing you a little anxiety. relax. i bet you'll do fine on them.:)

Sorry to say that, Ed, but that is wrong! The number of tuesdays in iMacs depends on what Jobs you have at home. The more IT you have in that, the more tuesdays are in your Fan. So the total number of tuesdays equals the Apple Store.

It isn't that hard, really.

HAHA I'm out of the hell they call a swimming instructors course! I passed! But now I want to fall over and sleep. I am incredibly tiered.

everyone...
may I have your attention.
Ed just told me big party as his palce once his yard is renovated ;)
TO purchase your tickets at a low low price please see Ed, Matrix or Racer as they are teh organizers of the party.

Viel Takk (hey norwegians of the board, did I say that correctly ? :p)

Admiral

As official underage organizer, I would like to extend a special offer to the younger members of the board. Buy a ticket for the "little" table and save half off. I'll even thrown in a free sippy cup and plastic lobster bib.:cool:

said by Matrix Agent
I know, I know, Racer. You only use the thinkpad because it's heavy enough to hit trolls with.:D

Yep, it is like having a big black brick that I carry around with me everywhere. Considering that it replaced my Duo 280c, that represents quite a weight increase. I am considering trying to find a PowerBook 2400c because it is faster, weighs half as much as the ThinkPad, and can still run Rhapsody 5.1. The only problem is that the display on the 2400 is only 800x600 and I really love having Rhapsody at 1024x768 (which is what my ThinkPad's display is at). Maybe I'll bite the bullet and get Mac OS X Server 1.0 and a Wall Street G3 with a 14" display, then I would be able to finally play Quake II in Rhapsody (Omni only ported it to the PPC version :( ).

wait. are u guys for real? i thought this was just a pretend party like everything else in thsi bar...

in other news:

Hervés bar & grill is a real location.

Originally posted by RacerX
Party at Ed's??? I would kill to be in SF right now (I haven't been there in waaaaay too long).

In that case all is settled :p
Hey Ed, better ask around for hotels, lots of people will be coming in your area and they WILL be looking for lodging ;)

ok, well now i am officially afraid to ever finish the backyard:D But when i get it ready enough to have a Herve's style barbecue i will post pics that include me searing the smile off a few cow parts so everyone can share in.:p

the yard is not expected to be really done for at least another year. however stage 1, what i am busting my ____ to get done now must be completed by mid may for my GF's son's graduation from Standford Law School party. Several of his friends came out last spring and helped us do some of the initial removal of things in the yard we didn't want, like a white picket fence and some clothesline posts. We promised them this party as payment.

Now anybody that wants to come help me finish digging the hole for the pond this week, contact me and we will get you a spot at the party:D

pizza's ready, i'll be back later.:cool:

alternate answer by Ulrik
The number of tuesdays in iMacs depends on what Jobs you have at home. The more IT you have in that, the more tuesdays are in your Fan. So the total number of tuesdays equals the Apple Store.

i guess i should have thought harder about this one. I would have realized it was a trick question. the answer obviously differs depending upon whether you are using and old imac (like mine) or a new imac. Because the old imac is fanless, Jobs = Samantha Fox with no IT. and if Jobs = Samantha Fox, then goto 2, if 2 goto Samantha Fox. this is an infinite loop and thus there will be infinite Tuesdays on the old imac. therefore my original answer would be as correct as yours. I would argue that either should be accepted.:D

btw the weather turned good and i got a lot of yardwork done today anyway. I am about 2/3 done with the pond hole and should finish with it by thurs. at the latest. When moving my old compost pile today, i found a whole family of salamanders underneath. One of them let me hold him sitting on my hand without running away. that was pretty neat. With no rain tomorrow i will patch the pond and plant my caladiums. Hopefully a pretty easy day.

Away for the weekend, and this is what I come back to? I'm actually frightened to read back the pages that lead up to this bizzarre Jobs/Smamfa Fox hybrid nonsense.....

Good Paddy's day everyone? Those Jameson's promotions killed me....

Holiday in Boston!!!!
No work :p -- Boston is the only place I know that celebrates a military defeat :p (Bunker Hill Day). I must be a cover for people to recover after getting plastered St patrics day lol.

I think I will use this time constructivelly to upgrade my web site ;-)

Admiral

Excellent use of your time 'plex. Better than me playing EV Nova all day :D
I wish Ambrosia would hurry up and send me my registration! :)

Back