Herve's Bar & Grill

Geez, didn't you know that all " BlingBling 3k12"s migrate every year?

Come on, what are they teaching kids these days...?

Originally posted by nkuvu
Geez, didn't you know that all " BlingBling 3k12"s migrate every year?

?!

that is a Herve type post... unless i'm missing out on something....

and unlearn... I dare you to take your PowerMac and show them HOW MUCH EASIER it would be to set up an audio server... ****ing strap them down in their seats to make them watch it!

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

and unlearn... I dare you to take your PowerMac and show them HOW MUCH EASIER it would be to set up an audio server... ****ing strap them down in their seats to make them watch it!

lol i really should. It's not like it would take much. Actually, you know what, I think i'm going to look into it, and actually suggest it at my next board meeting. Good thinking Bling!

As for migration, i think xoot was talking about my location answer... New York is home, so i'm there during summer and vacations, Pennsylvania is school, i'm there otherwise. ;)

helloe everybody, i'm very tired but i thought i would stop in and pick up the day's earnings and make the nitely deposit. It was a big day at my pond. Last nite i got it dropped in the hole. Today i got it leveled and filled the rest of the hole back in with rocks and soil. I still have one sideleft to finish the top soil part but it is getting there.

and tomorrow promise to be an equally busy day with the new dishwasher being redelivered in the morning and the fake rock/waterfall for the pond coming in the afternoon. Then thursday morning my 13 yo soon arrives from oHIo for a week.

i should be pretty done with the hard part of this project in another week.:)

oh, and i love my new update for my graphire2 tablet. works great now. :D

and BB - i didn't tell you to change your sig. i just asked you check it at the door if it is going to be a biggie. but i like the new one so i will take credit for it anyway:p

Ahh, I'm finally moving again ... this weekend, in fact, if I can get around to it and beg/borrow/steal a mini-van. I will be moving in with a mate of mine from WAAAYYY back. He is a Windows technician and all round super-geek, but really cool, so I can see me conning him into doing half my projects. :p I have been helping him with a game he's been writing, so we'll have something to do on rainy afternoons.

Our mac versus PC battles have been fought and won ages ago, and he knows better than to assume the newest features on windows weren't stolen from mac.

It is just as well because the only other person I know well around here has just gone and joined the circus ... no kidding. Fortunately they are sensitive to the issues of animal rights, so he won't have to clean up after anything bigger than a pony.

Anyhow, I'm planning a nice, relaxing long weekend down at the beach. I'll just leave my virtual self sitting quietly at the end of the bar to handle things here, and if I come back to find you have decorated me like a christmas tree I will be very disappointed.

:D :) :D

'truth, I'm sorry I didn't post the toast that I made for you. But I made one, all the same. :D

I found out today that Apple seems to have upgraded my shipping from standard (2-5 business days) to Priority Overnight. :D When I first got shipment notification yesterday, the first thing I did was come here to "Yay!" about it. The second thing I did was to check the tracking status -- only to find that it was not in their computer system yet. So when I checked this morning, I found out that my computer is already in Tucson! Half an hour later, I checked again and it is on the truck to be delivered!

I am truly amazed at the speed in which it will get here. Thanks, Apple!

I'll just leave my virtual self sitting quietly at the end of the bar to handle things here, and if I come back to find you have decorated me like a christmas tree I will be very disappointed.

So... who's up for painting symphonix blue? As long as we don't leave that thar virtual self looking like a Christmas tree we should be okay. :D

Vic / Nkuvu - careful what you're doing with that there paint! I've just finished making a big bowl of punch to help celebrate 'truth's non-persecution, and I'd kind of like the only 'secret ingredients' to be ones I've added!!

Ed - finally made a decision on the plants, based partly on your kind recommendations and partly on a thing I found about air-purifying plants. I'm going for a Dragon plant Draecena, and a Paradise (Acena?) Palm, and my Mum has a big yukka that she was going to throw away that I'm going to rescue. Any tips on not killing them?

Ahhhh, pure bliss.

I am typing this wonderful message on my brand spankin new iMac. It got here this mornin', and of course I had to come home for lunch to, uh, eat lunch and perhaps just play with my new computer a little bit.

*sigh* This is what computing is all about...

Now about that punch -- I really don't think I want to taste blue paint, so we'll be sure to keep it to the virtual symphonix.

Well I should really get back to work now, but I think my co-workers might wonder about the smile on my face...

I'd explain the new computer, but most of them are (gasp!) unbelievers! (They live on the Dark Side of life!)

first of all, if you must paint Symphonix then do not make it blue!! I am not going have someone who reminds me of an intel commercial sitting at the bar all day long. That might ruin business for awhile:D

How about orange to help support the U of Tenn. Lady Vols in their final four competitions?;)

Tismey - good choices for a beginner. placing them where they get the most light will be the first important thing. That yucca is going to want to be right up in the window front with lots of light. The other two can go just about anywhere they get a few hours of good light a day. Then with all three use your sense in watering. your sense of touch that is. they should be watered again when the top soil feels dry to the touch or basically when you touch the soil with your finger and it doesn't stick to it. After a short while you will learn to recognise this just by looking. Most places have enough minerals in the tap water that you don't really need fertilizer. Bet nice size trays to set your plants on as you will want to drench them when you do water. I usually try to fill the underneath tray with drain water. the plant will then suck it back up eventually.

the palm is going to want more humidity than the others (really it is a slightly advanced care plant) so you want to avoid having it near a heat source or air conditioner. You can help it by misting it occasionally. It would love a well lit bathroom or other source of natural humidity in your home.

and never give up on your draecena. the biggest mistake people make with them is overwatering. they will withstand long droughts generally. even if you lose all the leaves at some point, continue to occasionally water the stalk unless the whole thing has turned to mush. I have 'regrown' several and they have looked better and been healthier than when i bought them. should you encounter any problems along the way, feel free to let me know and i will give you more specifics about a particular thing.

Good luck with them and i would still reccommend you get some sort of hanging plant to add to the mix. also still looking forward to learning this other info you got.:)

I am not going have someone who reminds me of an intel commercial sitting at the bar all day long.
Ah, yes. I don't have television, so references to commercials mean very little. But I have heard about the blue Intel people-things. Kind of like Morlocks in the older version of the Time Machine movie?

And I never said we have to paint Symphonix. But we weren't asked not to. :D

tsk tsk tsk... it's a shame that the Blue Man Group is now related with Intel. Damn them and their advertising. Oh well. So how is everyone today? Just got back from my last class until next tuesday, hell yes, so i'm in a good mood. Once again, DRINKS ON ME! ;)

damn my eyes are playing tricks on me! I have been studying hard and in 5 minutes I go to take my exam.

Raise your glasses and toast to my success (also pray for my success :p)

Admiral

Sigh... It is too bad that the blue man group went to the dark side... I almost went and saw them a few weeks ago. We were in Vegas but couldn't get tickets.:rolleyes: But some people I knew insist they use Macs in their shows, so how does that explain the Intel commercial?:confused:

Originally posted by macguy17
Sigh... It is too bad that the blue man group went to the dark side... I almost went and saw them a few weeks ago. We were in Vegas but couldn't get tickets.:rolleyes: But some people I knew insist they use Macs in their shows, so how does that explain the Intel commercial?:confused:

it doesn't... but money does... grr... sell outs!

The whole Blue Man thing is random. They use Macs exclusively, but they sold out for the Pentium ad. That's it, though. They do use Macs. Apple did a long story about how the Pentium ad was MADE on a Mac, and that Blue Man Group really liked Macs but were just doing the Pentium thing for the money.

BTW, about the blue paint, that's a personal insult! Blue's a good color! :)

Back