Herve's Bar & Grill

I dunno -- I saw symphonix in another thread today. Now that I think about it tho, I didn't check the post dates, so it could have been posted a while ago. If only I remembered which thread it was, I could go look.

Ah, well. What's life without a few mysteries? :)

So if unlearnthetruth is buying drinks, make a big, expensive one for me, tismey. :) Like a large glass o grape juice. I know, big spender. Thanks.

So what kind of music does the Blue Man group play? IIRC, the commercial was them slapping rubber on big plastic pipes. Is this normal for them?

They either slap rubber on plastic pipes, slap plastic on rubber pipes, or slap pipes on plastic rubber.

I came up with a new word and a new concept to go along with it! It's a Socioemotional Revolution and it's what is going to probably happen soon... people are going to get tired of the complexities of society and the fact that no one shares any emotional attachment to anything anymore, and they'll change how they act towards people. Then everyone will live more emotionally and less robotically... and everything will be better.

What do you think?

Now I get stuck explaining my crazy random idea.

OK, I just thought of this at 3 a.m. so it's probably all screwy logic but whatever. Here's what I think will happen: people will realize that they're not REALLY individual enough in society, that their needs and wants aren't adequately expressed, and that their ideas aren't given enough thought. People are going to get really fed up with the idea that companies basically are controlling their lives. They're going to get tired of not having their own unique opinion and being able to get that opinion understood... so as a result, society will become more "emotional"--people will think for themselves, and not be so caught up in the "group mind".... remember Apple's "Lemmings" TV ad? :)

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
Just got back from my last class until next tuesday, hell yes, so i'm in a good mood.

did you already have spring break because our school let us out for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday also for "Spring Break" when really it happened weeks ago...

Originally posted by RacerX
Hey, I went to high school in Coronado! I lived in the Coronado Cays, you should take a drive down the strand and tell me how it looks (seeing as I haven't seen it in 5 years :rolleyes: ).
I just got back. We drove by Coranodo City Hall. I never realized it was a seperate city. I thought it was part of San Diego.

I spent a lot of time in taxis and conference rooms, so I'm not sure if I saw the strand or not????

Regarding the trip is was nice. It was mostly work, but they did hold a "team building" event. That event was a sailing regatta race on the bay. :D

I'm kind of bummed though. My Canon PowerShot G1 got set into computer synch mode while it was in my bag... so the battery was dead when I pulled it out. I've never had the battery die before, so I did not even think to bring the charger with me...:(

D'oh. Quick! Hurry. Remove that signature!!!

Ed, I didn't think I was listening in on your plant conversation... but I realize that I've been thinking about plants a lot more in the last few days.

I really do need to get some life into my office... especially since I've got a great window.

I think I'm going to start with those ones with the tall leaves that stick straight up from the pot. They look like giant blades of grass.

The cool think about them is that they only require about as much care as a plastic plant, but they are real.;)

Ok Ed, you sound like you are the person to ask about this.

My wife was given a small bamboo tree, plant, stick whatever you call it; so how do you take care of it. I have never tried to grow a stick before.

Right now it is in a small ceramic cup (1 1/2") with small pebbles. I have enough sense to give it water but what else should I do? :confused:

What does someone have to do to get a menu in this place?

Has everyone started on their mag. ad?

I posted mine. It is in .sit form on my iDisk. I put it together today. Check it out and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome.;)

The answer to the question "Where is everyone?" is that I have been here, sitting in front of my lovely new iMac, wondering why the heck Intuit can't make Quicken import Windows version Quicken files. I made sure to back up my Quicken info, but Quicken for OS X can't read it -- doesn't even try; the file is grayed out. So I tried exporting from Windows Quicken as, well, anything. I saved my info in about twelve different formats, and each one was unintelligible to Mac OS X Quicken. Grr. So I ended up printing out all of my transactions to a text file, and entering in those individually, by hand. Arrrrgh.

Four hours later...

At the moment, I am thinking Internet connections. With the Win2K box, I was able to connect to my ISP first time, probably about 90% of the time. Second try for the other 10%. With the iMac, I usually get online with the 10th try. Maybe the 20th. I can't describe what is wrong -- the tones sound wrong, and I thought it was the error compression on the modem. I talked to the ISP, and they said "Huh, must be poor quality phone lines. Everything's working okay here" (which is what they always say) Anyone know what I might be missing? Once the handshake works, I have no problems with the connection -- I'm only very rarely dropped.

*sigh*

Tismey, if you could, perhaps a nice cold pint will help me relax a little.

At least I have tomorrow off -- the company that I am contracted to chooses one random day each year for a holiday. Tomorrow is it, so I'm free!

Wow this post is getting long... Too long...

Busy last two days for me. Yesterday i set up the waterfall for the pond and then hooked up the pump to watch it. i decided it was too strong and wondered what it wuld look like if i pinched the hose. so i stuck my hand down in the water and i got SHOCKED!! I still don't have all the feeling back in my right hand. anyone else ever had something like this happen? will the sore joints and tingling feeling go away eventually or have i just damaged my right hand for life?:confused:

good news is that my 13 yo son arrived safely this morning. He spent the entire day with me running around exchanging the the pump, getting more supplies at home depot and running some other errands. My supplies for building my patio are to arive tomorrow morning. so i am going to be putting in extra hours at that while i can get my son to help.

Tom - mother-in-law's tongue is a hard one to kill alright. in fact the major cause of death for them is too much care - watering too much. let that one go good and dry between soakings.,

PCS - # 1 thing with the bamboo is to keep it in water - do not let the water in the pebbles go dry. They will survive in very little lite very easily. do not put directly in the sun. other than that they are really easy but don't grow terribly quick. also the chinese believe you should have an odd number of them. it is bad luck to have an even number of stalks.;) (i have nine - 3 containers of 3 each sitting on top of my entertainment center)

nkuvu - that's interesting, because my Mum had similar problems with her iMac and getting a decent connection. I assumed it was an ISP issue though.... Here's that pint, and that grape juice...

Ed - ta for the advice. The problem with my room is it's either in direct, really bright sunlight, or not at all, so I'm trying to find positions for these. A bit of trial and error is called for I think... The information I found was taken from a book called 'How to grow fresh air' by BC Wolverton... A quick Google search should throw up some extracted lists...

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
Busy last two days for me. Yesterday i set up the waterfall for the pond and then hooked up the pump to watch it. i decided it was too strong and wondered what it wuld look like if i pinched the hose. so i stuck my hand down in the water and i got SHOCKED!! I still don't have all the feeling back in my right hand. anyone else ever had something like this happen? will the sore joints and tingling feeling go away eventually or have i just damaged my right hand for life?:confused:

I had a similar experience. In a winter holiday, we helped someone who's car battery was too empty to start the car (due to the cold temperatures). You know those cables to start a car from someone else's battery? Well, I attached them on my BMW, and I haven't noticed (wasn't my cable) that BOTH had holes in the isolation of the clams...so I got shocked by a car battery! I had burned my hands and I remember that within a split second, my whole body got increadibly hot (at least it felt that way). I can't remember how I managed to get away since normaly at such high electricity, you can't move any longer, I just somehow managed to open my hands. The doctor I visited after wards told me that I was lucky that I have survived. It took a few days till my body felt "okay" again, the very first day, I felt like I haven't got control over all of my muscles. If this is what you also experience, then I'd say chances are good that it will last just a few days.

Yeah -- I need to figure out what's going on. But today it only took me ten times to get connected, so it was at least on the good scale. :p

I've looked at the logs, and I don't see anything different between the times that it doesn't connect and the times that it does. I was kind of expecting to find something like "The remote computer is an idiot. I refuse to talk to it" :) But no, the remote computer is an idiot and my iMac is too polite to say anything... I'm tempted to find another ISP -- but like I said, I didn't have problems connecting with a Windows box, so I'm still thinking that it's some sort of configuration thing that I am missing. :(

Beer and grape juice -- breakfast of champions. :) Thanks, Tismey.

It's also possible that your phone cable itself is bad... OS X is VERY picky when it comes to cables, I've found (especially Ethernet... OMG) so you might want to see if that at least reduces the amount of failed connection attempts. If that's not it, I'd probably say that either your modem is bad, or there's just something very wrong on the Mac side of the phone jack. Are you plugging the same jack into the Mac and the PC, or are you using two seperate wall sockets or a splitter? Try switching whatever it is you're doing from one machine to the other and see if that doesn't help anything.

Ulrik - thanks for sharing your story. sounds like yours was really bad. may nothing like that ever happen again. I am happy to report that the tingling feeling has subsided this morning. I still feel a strange soreness all the way up to my elbow but at least you have relieved my worry and concern about it. Yet another thing we share. :)

Tismey - all your plants should do fine in bright light. Like i said the yucca will want to be as close to the window as possible. The only factor is that they will need watering more often. very simple equation for care - more light=more water. the balance of these two is the most important part. most plants will adapt to a new home with minimum light and above so long as they are watched after and get the proportional amount of water. It is my experience that starting with at least 3 or 4 plants helps because they are more of a reminder of the responsibility than just one.

so my patio supplies just got thru being unloaded in the driveway. I still need to get the lumber to enclose them with but other than that i am ready to rock and roll on part 2 of this outdoor adventure as soon as i finish my second cup of coffee. :D

Back