Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by AdmiralAK

I dont know :eek:
you may try it and tell us :p
if we see you in the gallows we know not to try ;)
Isn't this the exact thing that is wrong with censorship? ... It stiffels free expression.

If you go to Muir Woods, which is a park full of old growth Redwood trees, they have a small area in the parking lot called "1st Admendment Area". I guess that is the only place you are allowed to protest w/out censorship.

BTW... if you are wondering why I'm still here. I'm waiting for the cab but can't manage to pull this macosx.com/forums IV out from my arm. :)

Originally posted by TommyWillB
I'm off to the San Diego Lowes Coronado for "business".

Hey, I went to high school in Coronado! I lived in the Coronado Cays, you should take a drive down the strand and tell me how it looks (seeing as I haven't seen it in 5 years :rolleyes: ).

Don't think you'll try what, Googol? Post to the cus (Am I the only one who thinks it should be spelled cuss?) thread, or drive down the strand in Coronado?

Or something else entirely? :)

Gee... I just noticed we havn't had a drink order since page 104...
I guess... Tismey, could you slide me a strawberry daiquiri? (virgin, of course. No alchohol yet...)
And Ed.... You wouldn't happen to have some pretzels, would you? mmmmm..... Pretzels....

Pretzels of all types are always at the fill your own bowls at the far end of the bar. there are beer nuts and nachos as well. help yourself. and here some free cheese sauce for dipping in if you would like. seems like the least we could do for a new mac guy who finds his way to Herve's with only 19 posts to his name.

Here's a post to all who are relatively new around here - may your post count and your friendships grow here at Herve's:)

*ed slips a quarter in the jukebox and the theme from "Cheers" can be heard in the main bar:D *

Nkuvu - do you really want me to have Tismey make you a 'boy scout', my affectionate name for a drink with a little of every kind of alcohol in the bar? That would be where you get just about a quarter inch of alcohol out of each bottle - so little that mom and dad would never have noticed it was gone. served in a plastic canteen for a realistic experience. I will warn you - it is guarenteed to make you return stomach contents after a short while:p :rolleyes:

Ed:

Ah, on second thought...

No.

It was just a little Buddhist humor (I'm reading "The Way of Zen" by Alan Watts, I'm not actually Buddhist :) ).

Actually, my sister (about three years older than I am) tried that when she was a teenager. Including straight shots of wonderful alcoholic beverages such as Drambuie. :p If I recall correctly, she was sick for about three days. It really taught me a good lesson about overdrinking, which I have never had a problem with.

Off topic: I have a new web page, and you can read all about my adventures in setting it up over in the "Open Letters to Apple" section.

Sleepy... you are getting very sleepy...

Hey, the real nkuvu is cool !! (not that you aren't, but you know what i mean:D ). Thanks for sharing those with us. I think nkuvu should like it here at Herve's since we brought all the plants in:p

since you really should be going to bed, how about we give you a rain check on that drink tonite and tomorrow you can come in and pour your own drink. Just be sure to share the recipe.;)

Tom - have a great time in SD. be sure to tell everyone there i said hi and that i miss America's Finest City. :cool:

googolplex - what's the matter, you chicken? I don't think MacD really means you can't cuss in the cus thread. I think he would prefer it not be just a bunch of name calling because that seems to be what people do there and then continue doing in other threads that is really offensive to everyone. But i think if he was wanted to stop the language there he would just close the thread. ;)

of course if you were talking about not driving down the strand in Coronado, then don't pay any attention to me:rolleyes:

I'm failing to see the duck in googol. But right after you said that, Admiral, you winked. So maybe if I squint with one eye closed I'll see the duck? Hmm... nope.

Probably just not enough caffeine intake this morning. :)

And I'd like to say that Nkuvu is picky about plants, but that is definitely not the truth. Sulcatas (that's the tortoise, for those of you who haven't seen the web page and otherwise don't know what I am talking about) are notorious for being eating machines. I'm just very happy that they are herbivorous like myself. :)

The drink for this morning isn't anything that you need a recipe for. Well, if you do need a recipe for tea then I have pity on you. :D

Ack! Work! Time! Go now!

hmmm....
OMG! I made the connection :p
googleplex looks like....gold-dust from the wwf :p :eek: ---the avatar makes sense! ;)

I am quite interested in seeing what the admin has to say about the cuss thread

well here's the moment of truth... my roommate is currently speaking to the dean and public safety about the incident that took place saturday. Alone. They only wanted to see him, which worries me somewhat, but i suppose we'll see how it goes... it's gonna be a long day....

One strawberry daiquiri (with no alcohol :rolleyes: ), and one of Ed's boy scout cocktails. I found a really old bottle of cooking sherry at the back of the cupboard to give it the required 'past its sell by date' taste.

And here's a shot of something nice and strong for you, 'truth. It sounds like you're going to need it. Keep us posted.

Am writing this from my Mum's spanking new iMac. It's lovely, and I think I've managed to convince her that she should keep it....

Back