Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
he once got stopped with two friends bringing beer into his dorm last year, and he immediatly dropped everything and ran, changed his clothes and went to sleep, denying the whole thing to Public Safety....

they don't allow beer in dorms?

well i'm living off campus! :D

oh, i almost forgot. Herve here is a prime rib and lobster platter & apple pie for dessert. ciao down.;)

BB- The Art intistitue in SF doesn't have dorms to my knowledge so you won't have to worry about that. It is located right downtown and you will find enough people and culture around you to more than make up for dorm life. It really isn't that far from the Mosconi center where you were for MWSF.

ok, another plant - the asparagus fern (not really a fern) is a nice plant that will grow huge or can be trimmed to keep it smaller. I have mine in a bonsai dish. again the phallic shape of the stalks makes it impressive to females.

Attachments

• asparagusfern.jpg
    asparagusfern.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
I got teh leg crap last night while watching the movie :p
I wasnt drinking anything...well...I was drinking iced tea ;)
Heck my leg still hurts :p I cant extend it all the way!

Wow, I just got back from a weekend away from my mac and I find this thread overgrown with plants... now I know how Ed has such a high post count :)

"Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
knees, knees
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my serpentine
In the jungle... "

*as Ed starts ti break into a Guns and Roses song, he notices all the glares suddenly turning his way and thinks better of it*

Greg - this roommate of yours seems like real bad news. How did this guy ever get into college in the first place? sounds like he has an IQ of about 85 :rolleyes: but you say there will be more than just the 2 of you meeting with the dean? several corraborrating stories should help your cause!!

well, this brings me to my last suggested plant and it is my personal favorite - the prayer plant. The type with red vanes is a little more finicky but well worth the attention. Prayer plants get their names from the fact that they turn their leaves upards and curl them at night. This is really cool to see. It makes this plant seem almost like an animal.:D

Attachments

• prayerplant.jpg
    prayerplant.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 6
Thought I would tell all visitors about the contest... go back to the All Thoughts Non-Technical page and then click on "Herve's Bar & Grill Contest"

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
The Art intistitue in SF... ...really isn't that far from the Mosconi center where you were for MWSF.

Not far from the Moscone center? I wonder why I didn't see it while i was there... Is there some sort of sign that I may have missed?

Greg - this roommate of yours seems like real bad news. How did this guy ever get into college in the first place? sounds like he has an IQ of about 85 :rolleyes: but you say there will be more than just the 2 of you meeting with the dean? several corraborrating stories should help your cause!!

I've often wondered the same thing, regarding how he got here. I've yet to come up with an answer though, it just doesn't seem to make sense ;) Corraborrating stories would help, but I have none. Another of our friends was there and saw it, but he's not the type to stand up to my roommate, so I doubt it will help. Basically what I plan to do is tell the dean the story, hope Jon (roommate) doesn't do anything stupid, and if he does, just arrange to meet with the Dean on my own and hope things go alright. I'm considering meeting with the Dean in advance, to give a heads up, but I'm wonder how much that will accomplish. Ah well.... As for the plants, I have to say I am rather intrigued by this prayer plant - are they available on the East Coast?

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know that, since I needed it for some of my projects anyway, I finally got around to installing Xfree86 onto my iBook. I always had this idea that it would be a tedious task involving lots of mucking around in config files and such, and was pleased to see that it runs out of a single installer. I've put in Oroboros X and am pretty pleased with the whole arrangement.
So, if you've been wanting to muck around with Gimp or Gnome or anything from the Gnu/Unix/Linux world, it's not nearly as difficult as you might think.

Unlearn: I had a similar experience a couple of years ago, walking home from the pub with a couple of old mates, one of them started attacking people's letterboxes.
"Hey, leave the letterbox alone." I told him, "It didn't do anything to hurt you."
But, he just kept wrestling with the letterbox until it came loose in his hands, and a police car came rolling around the corner.
Fortunately, he had the sense to say he was just being stupid and the cops let us go after we'd fixed the letterbox back in place. That was incredibly nice of them, considering they should have put us in the cells for the night. Anyway, I was really annoyed at him for being such a complete twat.

I go to the Apple Support section and this happens... i see the PowerBook G3 instead of the PowerBook G4! I mouse over the picture of the G3 and instantly see the G4... when i mouse off, it is still the G4..

anyone else have this problem?

see attachment to see what i mean...

Attachments

• g3.gif
    g3.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
Tom - one little hint of bar ettiquite - leave that big hunking signature at the door please. Unchecking that little button that says 'show signature' will automatically deposit it in the sig storage room by the front door. you can have it back on your way out:D
You learn something new every day.

I did not even notice that you could toggle this on/off for each post.

I'll be sure to check it at the door from now on...

On a slightly amusing note, did anyone else notice that TommyWillB said "I'll be sure to check it at the door from now on..." and in the very next post still had his sig attached? :)

No, I didn't say "roll on the floor hilarious". Just slightly amusing.

Back