Herve's Bar & Grill

well, as long as you bring up spider plants they were going to be my next one for high light areas. they do grow fast and once you have one plant, you potentially have lots of plants. you start new ones from the 'babies' at the ends of the spider legs. one thing about them is that you need a pretty big area as the legs will shoot out a foot or more ver quickly.

Attachments

• spiderplant.jpg
    spiderplant.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 10
Originally posted by ksuther
Ohhhh, yea sippy cups are the man! :D
How much is half off :)

Wow, this is the biggest bar I've ever seen. It has the most extensive laborinth of hallways and rooms. I cant beleive I've never noticed this place before even though I walk right by almost every day.

I stumbled in here looking for CUPS... the printer thing, not the "sippy" kind. (Oh well. Uncoving the pretext for going into any bar needn't keep one from staying. "Okay, you got me!")

I sure I have not seen all of the rooms yet, but is there a vote taking place in one of them to declare this the biggest and the best bar/thread?!?!

I can't really hear in here too well with so many people talking... so excuse me if this is too much of a non-sequiter. ;)

BTW, what's beer's on tap and where do I get a food menu?

Hey! This is my 333th post! Is that somewhat evil?

Am I just blabbing now? Damn! I have a hard time shutting up when I'm drinking...

Wow... I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this place. (Herve's Bar & Grill)

Does Herve get a portion of the proceeds from this place?

Does MacOSX.com collect taxes?

Where does the never ending flow of booze really come from?

Have there ever been any other competing establishments on the same block? How long did they last?

Hmmmm?

Welcome to our humble establishment Tommy. It takes a while to see it all at this point so just sit down anywhere you feel comfortable and relax. We serve whatever you want plus an occasional treat. If it's not in stock we will use the replicator and come as close as we can. Tismey is the head bartender and prefers to be called by name when you order. I try my best to handle food. ksv was handling non alcoholic drinks but i think his other job must be working him overtime because he hasn't been to work here in a while.

all those questions - are you sure you aren't from the inspection dept? I know i put that license somewhere around here:D

If you ever have trouble being heard, just SHOUT and that should get somebody's attention.

the only other competition was the cus thread which now hasn't had a post for almost a week. i don't know if that is because of the big crackdowns on profanity directly, but many of the regulars there were victims of MacD's public hanging. Some folks have had a hard time remembering when they are in one of these fine establishments and when they are out in the tech world. So i advise you not drink so much you stumble thru the door and forget where you are.:p

other than that, start any conversation you can get somebody to join. or just go around talking to yourself til somebody notices. whatever works.;)

Hi Tom! Welcome. Just to answer your questions first, most of the booze comes from the customer's own fridges, and the rest is a figment of the imagination. The food comes from a star-trek style replicator as we are busily rebuilding the kitchen (err, it kind, of like, exploded, a little).
Karaoke is open every night, and Ed's backyard is accessible through a dimensional portal just next to the japanese zen garden. The only rule here: Be nice.

Ed: Whenever I get flowers for a girl (which isn't as often as I would like) I always prefer to give them live flowers, in a neat terracotta pot tied with a ribbon. I'm not really a plant person, but to me the question of live healthy plants versus dead flowers wrapped in plastic is a pretty obvious choice. :D

I have just managed to go 24 hours without using, or even looking at, my computer. After 2 late-night sessions working on my assignments, I decided a healthier weekend would be a good idea and locked my mac in a spare room.

you've all probably heard me complain about my roommate at one point or another.

tonight's incident unfolded when my roommate got caught by public safety breaking the side view mirror off of a priest's car in a drunken stupor. In true form, he blamed the entire thing on me. I was walking about 10 yards ahead of him, and he claimed I broke the mirror first and he was just messing around. Wonderful. I wonder how i'm going to get myself out of this one...

Welcome to the bar Tom. i can call you Tom, right? You'll find that we're a rather interesting and diverse group of people, who manage to come together in this humble establishment to discuss everything you could think of over some drinks and some quality DJing. Hope you like it as much as we do :cool:

Wow Ed, that was quite a reply...

I'veactually got 2 really big windows, and my room faces kind of South-East, so I get a fair amount of daylight if I remember to open the curtains :D As a result, it also gets very warm... I'm going to have a look at you r sugestions and compare them to a list I've just been sent of some plants which are apparently good at filtering crap out of the air - a big telly, a computer and all the other electrical equipment I have in such a small room tend to make the place feel slightly fried....

Originally posted by TommyWillB

Hey! This is my 333th post! Is that somewhat evil?

I think it kind of makes you half-evil. Semi-demonic, perhaps.

To quote Mike Myers as Doctor Evil:

You are quasi-evil. You are semi-evil. You are the diet coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.

:D

great movie...

"In true form, he blamed the entire thing on me. I was walking about 10 yards ahead of him, and he claimed I broke the mirror first and he was just messing around."

go to a higher authority... tell THEM the WHOLE story without any lies WITH YOUR FRIEND next to you...

if they press any type of charges, then you can do something about unlawful punishment... maybe take it to a student court maybe...

but i don't know...

Hey whats up?!
Its me ;P drinking my coffeee (graciously provided by our good barnam tismey!)

I went out yesterday, and bought 2 DVDs, Rush Hour and The One. I wanted to get Rush Hour two, but I did not notice that tehre was no "2" on teh DVD :mad: ... oh well :p Rush Hour one is fun too lol ;)

The weirdest thing happened last night! I was watching "the one" (very good movie) and I got a leg cramp, now that was painful! -- I hadnt gotten a cramp of nay sort in 4 years....damn I was cussing like a drunk sailor ;)

Ed I think all this yard work is effecting you, take a break man :p

Admiral

AdmiralAK declaimed:
Hey whats up?! Its me ;P drinking my coffeee (graciously provided by our good barnam tismey!)

I went out yesterday, and bought 2 DVDs, Rush Hour and The One
I know I should make allowances since you're still drinking "coffeee" :), but I was just wondering...

Is "barnam tismey" kinda like Barnum and Bailey? Is Tismey gonna put on a circus for us? Or is this it? :)

I was disappointed with "The One". The plot was decent enough (for a Jet Li movie, anyway) but all I could think was "Heh, that special effect was inspired by the Matrix. And that one. And..." Before you think I am a Matrix snob, I'm not. I saw it once, and it was good, but I was not one of those people who thought it was the best movie ever. Too many SciFi books with similar plots, I guess.

A barnam is a mix between a barman and a gundam :p lol :D

As for the one, once you open a door to a technique in one movie then others will use it, its just natural :)

Originally posted by symphonix
I... locked my mac in a spare room.
I would not let the SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruely to Apples) hear about that. They might declare you unfit owners. (Or if you live here in San Francisco where people are "caregivers" and not "owners", you might be in for bigger hassles...)

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
Welcome to the bar Tom. i can call you Tom, right?
Yeah!

In truth I start looking around for my Mom or one of my siblings whenever someone calls me Tommy. I start feeling like I'm that 8 year old lost in Sears. :)

...and please don't call me Thomas William unless I'm in BIG TROUBLE!

-Tom Will B just fine

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Hey whats up?!
Its me ;P drinking my coffeee...and I got a leg cramp, now that was painful! -- I hadnt gotten a cramp of nay sort in 4 years....damn I was cussing like a drunk sailor ;)
I'm no doctor, but I've heard eating thing rich in Potasium (like banana) helps avoid this. Also I'm under the impression that too much caffeine/alcohol will make you dehydrated which may also contribute.

tismey!?

Can I get a glass of ice watter please?

...on second thought, maybe I'll get up off of my butt and got to the counter to order.

I fell asleep at my desk the other night and woke up to worst leg cramp I've ever had. It was pretty rough, I even twisted my knee getting up.

Not a good feeling at 2:00 in the morning when you still have homework to finish.

Tom - one little hint of bar ettiquite - leave that big hunking signature at the door please. Unchecking that little button that says 'show signature' will automatically deposit it in the sig storage room by the front door. you can have it back on your way out:D

symphonix - i have long preferred to give live plants and flowers to girls rather than cut ones. I gave my GF a rose bush for our anniversary last year instead of a dozen roses !! I also tend to see it as something of a symbolic measure of the relationship - if she can't take care of a simple plant that came from me, how is she going to treat me? I require much more attention and it is harder to figure out what i need to flourish;)

Tismey - i would love it if you would share your list of plants that are good filters. I think all plants help with this and have never heard of one kind being better than the others. but i will wager that one live plant will do a better job than a dozen dead ones:p

so rather than going plant happy with these last few high light plants i will just throw them in one by one with regular posts. Dieffenbachias are a great plant to add some color. but they are also somewhat toxic (will paralyse the vocal cords if eaten) so you would not want them with small children in the house. Some people will not have them with animals as well, but i have found no permanent harm with my 4 cats. kitties and puppies would be a different story. but basically if they eat any, they are not as likely to chew on any plants for a while.

Attachments

• dieffenbachia.jpg
    dieffenbachia.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 8
Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
go to a higher authority... tell THEM the WHOLE story without any lies WITH YOUR FRIEND next to you...

if they press any type of charges, then you can do something about unlawful punishment... maybe take it to a student court maybe...

but i don't know...

exactly - but it's my word against his, so I wonder what will happen. He apparently now wants to tell them the true story, about how we'd walked by, etc etc, but I have a feeling he's going to stick to that for a total of 20 seconds and then freak out and blame it all on me. Just because that's the type of person he is... he once got stopped with two friends bringing beer into his dorm last year, and he immediatly dropped everything and ran, changed his clothes and went to sleep, denying the whole thing to Public Safety.... ahh the situtaions i find myself in.....

regardless, we're meeting with the dean apparently in a week or two, we don't know exactly, and it's all of us at once, so it should be interesting.

Back