Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
...googolplex - you really shouldn't go around sticking your tongue in those sockets:D ;) :rolleyes: (sorry, i couldn't resist)
I'd probably think that was funnier if I was not the kid who tried to make a light bulb out of an old extension cord and a spring. (Made sense at the time.:()

Thank god for circut breakers!

Oh yeah!.... No signature....

I actually did shock myself by putting it on my tongue :p
of course I was younger then :p

** goes up to the DJ booth to spin some tunes **

Originally posted by TommyWillB
I'd probably think that was funnier if I was not the kid who tried to make a light bulb out of an old extension cord and a spring. (Made sense at the time.:()

Thank god for circut breakers!...
Oh yeah. Then there was that other time that my Dad was working on the TV. It was this old enormous Zenith B&W console with rabbit ears... (For those of you too young, in those day's B&W meant "black and white" and not "blue and white"... and the rabbit ears is what we called the dual antennas.:))

I was only 5 or 6 and he had the back off, but it was still plugged in and all his tools were sitting there. When he walked out of the room I picked up the scredriver and touched it to that "weird humming thing".

Well I got thrown about 3 feet into the wall. Years later I learned that the "weird humming thing" is something you call a transformer.

I wandered off to my room before my Dad got back so that I would not get into trouble. I remember having trouble hearing for hours and being in pain for days. (Here it is almost 30 years latter and my parents still have never heard this story.)

Thanks for the Quicken links, but I have already tried the "normal" import procedures. I ended up with a checking account balance of $-31,000 and a savings account balance of $-60,000. I might not be the best bookkeeper in the world, but those are not at all accurate. :p There were so many missing or incorrect transactions that it was easier to recreate the entire file.

So...

What browser does everyone use?

No, no, stop hitting me, it was a joke!

xoot
cd /var/xoot

I could've put my avatar, but I can't post HTML on my mac :(

Hi everyone! I'm phil the lurker. I just thought you guys might want to know who the scary guy in the corner was. If you hear me cursing under my breath, don't worry.

It wasn't really all that long ago that i was a newbie. But i do recognize when people show up. I just don't remember them very well until they engage me in a conversation that goes beyond tech stuff (at least most of the time - certain tech only people have gotten my attention by asking certain kinds of questions plus those few who just don't get it when you do help). Basically i think someone is a viable, functioning member of the board when they are either conversing and being socialable with other board members or if they are providing tech help on a regular basis.

I am not going to name any names, but there are plenty of people who fit those descriptions. and they make this one of the best online communities on the net. It wouldn't be as cool with just tech head talk nor would it be very useful with just socialization. It is a good balance of work and play.

tom - now we know where you get your electric personality from:D

I got lots done on the yard today. i got my lumber and got the patio started . it is tough going at this point because of all the tree roots in the area i am covering. but i still managed to get about a 6'x6' area covered and got the GF's approval on my work. I hired my son and his friend to do all the lifting and moving of the cobblestones so i am not near as tired tonight. plus i slept for 10 hrs last nite.

the best part is that i worked enough today that she did not even ask me to help clean the house for a friend coming for dinner tomorrow. she did it all herself. I may start working in the yard before every such event.:D

Phil - baseball season starts tomorrow. prepare to get your arse whooped.;)

Yeah... When I was 9 or so, I learned sometimes that licking a battery sometimes helps it work for longer... So I tried it with a 9 Volt. That was kind of strange, my tongue was numb for a while, but other than that just A pleasant buzzing on my tongue. Of course, I'll never do that again...

so Macguy, where in the bay area do you live? I am north of Half Moon Bay on the coast. Beautiful day we had today, eh?

he he - Berzerkley

best place to be on that side of the bay:D

so why are you mad at Marine World? Is that where you picked up the sunburn? My son got a pretty good one today too. Mine was worse a couple of days ago - didn't seem like such a big deal compared to the shock thing.:p

too bad you probably didn't get the nice evening fog that cooled things off nicely and felt good after the day.;)

Well, I waited in line forever at Medusa, and I'm sitting there in the seat ready to go, when I suddenly hear, "I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, but we are having technical difficulties... Please exit the ride."
Well that wasn't so bad, but later on I got in line on Boomerang and manage to get in the front row. I'm sitting there, waiting for launch when, "I'm sorry but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please exit the ride..."
:mad:
Not to mention the 2 new stupid things.... First of all the season pass thing has moved inside the park, so the park has to be open to get it. And second, they got rid of almost all the exits and the only one you can get a hand stamp at is also an entrance.... So they were about 20 people in line waiting to get OUT of the park.:rolleyes:

so you got one of those 'waiting in line for a ride' sunburns:D

no, i know your frustration. I had a similar expereince at Great America last year. Only they didn't tell us we had to leave the line while they worked on it. they just stopped and let us wait some more. It was the new ride where you are 'flying'. It was worth it once we finally got on it but it was a hell of a wait.

sounds like you will be back plenty of times this year with that season pass though.:p

I just read about making your own religion at http://www.pluto.no/doogie/ga/blekka/ga152/religion/152rel.html, and an interview with a person who've made a religion called "Alt Som Er" ("Everything") together with some friends. They believe in everything, as an opposite to other religions where they only believe in e.g. the bible. The nice thing is, that all registered religions get paid pr. member by the government, in addition to several other adventages. Also, only two persons are needed :D

so where is the mac religion?! i think we should be recognized as a religion! hell, we sould get our own state and government!

Originally posted by vic
so where is the mac religion?! i think we should be recognized as a religion! hell, we sould get our own state and government!

That's no problem. Wouldn't be too bad to get 30 $ a year for believing in Macs, eh? :D

Back