Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

sounds like you will be back plenty of times this year with that season pass though.:p

Not to mention it lets you in at Magic Mountain free. :D

Oh and I forgot to mention, waiting in line some guy passed out twice in front of us... Stopped the whole ride for 5 minutes, and the guy had been passed out for like 2 minutes before the ride operators noticed...

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
so Macguy, where in the bay area do you live? I am north of Half Moon Bay on the coast. Beautiful day we had today, eh?
I was just in Santa Cruz yesterday. The drive down 1 was mostly foggy, but the sun started shining just as we entered SC.

<San Francisco warm weather mantra #22>
  • Summer is coming
    Tourists will freeze

Summer's coming
    I'm tired of the haze

Summer is coming
    Please please please

Summers coming
    May it last more than 4 days
</San Franciscowarm weather mantra #22>

tom - you must have left pretty early because the sun was shining nicely here by 10 or 11 and stayed out till about 5. It has started to peek out again and looks like we may have another nice day. I am getting ready to go out and get back to work on the patio as soon as i post this. Perhaps i will have a couple of new photos of progress to post tonight.

so have you gotten your new plant yet?

Ed, are you going to post some before/after pictures of the yard? I especially want to see the infamous fountain. :)

Yeah, I just got back from the Home Despot in Colma. I normally would not shop there, but my Mom got me a gift card for Christmas... (I'm not sure how appropriate it was to spend this on Easter...)

I got a tiny Mother-in-law's Tongue and two larger plants... They did not have little name sticks in them...

Where should I go online to identify them... and get some detailed light/water/care info?

Aw, plants are plants. They all need some sun, and they all need some water. That's all you ned to know, right? :D

I completely forgot that it's Easter until I was already out. I normally have a thing against going to stores on holidays. I mean, I want it off, so why shouldn't everyone else get it off?

Part of this comes from my ex-wife, but another part comes from when I worked in a video store. On holidays, I would almost always work. Not because I wanted to, but because I was a po' college stoodent and needed the mula. So we'd get tons of business, primarily because everyone's family was in town and no one could think of what to do with Great Aunt Bertha. So they'd come to rent a movie (the theaters were right around the corner, and they were also packed). Then they would all go on and on about how "it must be terrible to work on a holiday. You poor clerk you. Tsk tsk, the managers here must be awful. I can't believe they make you work on (Christmas/Thanksgiving/Easter/Brussels Sprouts Day/whatever)." Eventually you just want to slap them silly. "Hey, you! If you weren't in here paying my wages, I wouldn't be here on a holiday! If the store made no profit on holidays, they wouldn't be open!"

I'm not about to say that everything should be closed on holidays. *dials 911* "I'm sorry, the hospital is closed for the day. Try again tomorrow". But there are some things that definitely don't need to be open...

Anyway, that's my holiday rant. And I am worse than anyone I mentioned in the above statement, because 1: I believe in what I said and 2: I went out to the grocery store, bought dog food, and rented a video. Of course, I never mentioned how much I pity the holiday workers. Because I didn't even remember... :p

So Tom -- about your new avatar. I can definitely see a progression in the original pictures, from youngster to current person. But does the Finder icon indicate that either you currently look like the Finder icon, or you will in the future?

I know you said that you had to change your avatar because you no longer have a mustache. But I didn't realize the extent of your transformation...

:D

Originally posted by nkuvu
So Tom -- about your new avatar. I can definitely see a progression in the original pictures, from youngster to current person. But does the Finder icon indicate that either you currently look like the Finder icon, or you will in the future?

I know you said that you had to change your avatar because you no longer have a mustache. But I didn't realize the extent of your transformation...

:D
Yes, I hope to be as handsome as Findy some day. ;)

I don't mind you mentioning my good/bad skills at shrinking a high-res photp down to 48x45 pixels, but..."Extent of my transformation"...

Hmmm... Sowhatareyourtryingtosay?

:confused:

I was thinking about changing my avatar. But I have had this since...errrr a while ago. What do you guys think? I think I should lighten up. Its kind of dark now.

Aw, plants are plants. They all need some sun, and they all need some water. That's all you ned to know, right?

despite the fact you were being funny, this isn't that far off. the thing is knowing how much sun and water. The finger test for the top soil is a pretty good rule with 90% of house plants.

Tom - you probably have a draecena if it was sold in the houseplants section. Very stable plant, i gave a good description for care a while back. basically it should handle most light situations and you just need to water when the soil feels dry on top. They handle a bit of occasional neglect very well.

as for your other one, try describing with words. i might at least be able to give a good guess or hunt down a pic for confirmation.

so here is the state of the pond and waterfall fountain as of today. i planted 3 water lillies in it this morning. (good karma - i found 2 bulbs in one of the packages instead of one:D )

Attachments

• 3-31-026.11.17pm4.jpg
    3-31-026.11.17pm4.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 11
you guys have fun changing your avatars - i am almost always entertained by what people come up with. I will stay as I am because nothing short of a real pic could look as much like the real me.

I did like your race car though coach:)

and here is the result of yesterday and today's brick laying adventures. i am almost to halfway done already so i feel like i am ahead of schedule. on the other hand, i may not be able to move tomorrow. my range of movement is very limited already.

Attachments

• 3-31-026.11.17pm20.jpg
    3-31-026.11.17pm20.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 12
Gee, thanks, Ed. Most people say that I am trying to be funny. That is, when they realize that I am trying to be funny. Nothing worse than having dry humor being taken seriously...

Tom: The extent of your transformation was referring to the difference between your other pictures and the Finder icon. I can see a resemblance, at least, between all the other pictures. Then suddenly you turn blue! That's quite a drastic change... :D

So I was wondering -- if I use dry humor and no one gets it, should I change to "wet" humor? :D

Ed...

Oddly enough, when you were describing your yard and the infamous water pump/fish thing, a picture remarkably similar to that one popped into my head. Maybe it's my experience living in California a while back or something, but I imagined your yard to look...exactly like it does.

Strange, huh? :)

Bluefusion declared:
when you were describing your yard and the infamous water pump/fish thing
Ed, you pump fish?? That seems strange. :D

Sorry. Couldn't help it. You know, first thing in the morning, got to go to work, shouldn't even be online much less posting, I'm gonna be late, et cetera et cetera.

Uh, so I'm gonna go now, k? But just so you know, I might check in on everyone from time to time today. I knew you were worried. ;)

Woo! 200th post!

kein zeit zu sprechen :eek:
ich muß meine Aufgabe machen! :eek:
Ich trinke mein Kaffee und ich gehe, gehe, geheeeeeeeeeee :eek:

c ya tomorrow ;)

Back