Herve's Bar & Grill

A round of beer (or virtual drink of choise) for y'all. :)
How's the fall so far? I love being able to enjoy summer clothes still for a month or two...

Well my area in Norther Virginia we just had what old timers used to call Indian Summers. It's been the last few days in the 80° F ranges and fells like Summer, I and many others could even ware shorts the past few days.

Thanks for the virtual beers! Another round for my friends.

Hudson Valley here, we just had a front run through with really severe winds. There's still a tornado watch out for Kingston and surrounding areas - until 5 pm. Got to go look at my sailboat - hope its still at the moor.

Hudson Valley here, we just had a front run through with really severe winds. There's still a tornado watch out for Kingston and surrounding areas - until 5 pm. Got to go look at my sailboat - hope its still at the moor.

We had the same watch here to with the same warnings. Just about 5 minutes of heavy winds and a lot of tree limb in the road again but it only last about 5 minutes.

On a side note I still have some Sam Adams OctoberFest and here is another on me: ;)
bottledetaillargeoctoberfest--en--69dead09-7704-45a5-81e9-a7f57eacf0d8.png

It's been weird here in the South recently, weatherwise. A lot of rain... raining like in Cork, when usually it doesn't rain at all here. Well, today after a week there's some sunshine (or it's not raining right now).
And talking about beer... do any of you use Untappd? I use it occasionally, but of course the problem is I rarely drink beer. I can find ciders in it (last one I had was a Magners, essentially a Bulmers, just sold as a different name in the US), but I'd kind of like to find something like Goodreads but for wine. :)

It's been weird here in the South recently, weatherwise. A lot of rain... raining like in Cork, when usually it doesn't rain at all here. Well, today after a week there's some sunshine (or it's not raining right now).
And talking about beer... do any of you use Untappd? I use it occasionally, but of course the problem is I rarely drink beer. I can find ciders in it (last one I had was a Magners, essentially a Bulmers, just sold as a different name in the US), but I'd kind of like to find something like Goodreads but for wine. :)
Why waste space in your stomach, just stick to a good single malt scotch.

I have watch the some of the downhill and other Ski events. However with the USA NBC delay and crappy color audio and knowing the outcome ahead of time, especially hockey outcomes. IMHO it is not the Russian fault (except the location, IMHO it have been farther North) or anything along that line it's sits squarely on the heals of NBC.

I was kidding for the smoothy. It was a Jameson... just a shot.... but that was some time back. Haven't checked in for a bit. Cheers gang.

A Jameson for you on the house :)
Been a while indeed. What's everyone up to? I'm kind of doing some slow apartment archeology to unearth the past fiveish years of my living... while hoping to get a bit bigger place soon. With less stuff of course.

Oh don't I know that...
Of the random stuff that is still going to be kept... how about all the Newton developer CDs? :D yep, those do have sentimental value.
So I'll be packing, moving, unpacking stuff for the next few weeks.

For spring... how about St Germain cocktail? It tastes like spring to me, and I love it with a weekend brunch.

Oh don't I know that...
Of the random stuff that is still going to be kept... how about all the Newton developer CDs? :D yep, those do have sentimental value.
So I'll be packing, moving, unpacking stuff for the next few weeks.

One thing when I moved recently to Upstate NY I found my Mac book Pro (in my signature) would tell me my battery needed replacing. I know it was a year old replacement that had been working great so i had to do a SMC Reset then everything acted great after that.

So an ale for everybody!

Last edited:
Back