Herve's Bar & Grill

Thanks Trip,
It's hard getting your foot in the door - that's for sure - and I've been lucky enough that my race/sex/image hasn't had much to do with things - and I think that's mostly because of friends helping me push the door open. :D

The part that ticks me off tho is - after 9/11 I had one job sau that I was over-qualified and they couldn't afford to pay me what I was making, which was true - but it's fregging a LOT better than not having a job! :rolleyes: SHESH! :p

As I now polish up my Resumé - I try to keep in mind to not be over-kill or I'll get a lot of that again. :rolleyes:

tormente...g/l on finding gainful employment soon. i feel your pain in a remote sense -- i'm trying to relocate in order to be closer to mysti and closer to the lifestyle/area i want to be (read: mountains --- summer, spring, winter, and fall -- nothing but mountains! and mysti! but that goes without saying...it's like a physical need :D )...yet, i need a certain income level in order to keep the ex and child in a manner that they have become accustomed (sp?) to (i.e. more than i thought, less than I make, and enough left over for me and the woman i love, and that's OK).

nowhere near your pain, tho...i've watched over two dozen people, many at the very least, acquaintances, if not friends, be laid off over the past 12 months. it appears to be a bitter time, especially in the IT and manufacturing industries.

i really do hope you find work soon! don't let the b4st4rds get ya down! this is a tough time of year to be out of work...yet during Q1 2003, you'll have ppl clamoring at your door that you never expected!

Originally posted by b3s
i'm trying to relocate in order to be closer to mysti and closer to the lifestyle/area i want to be (read: mountains --- summer, spring, winter, and fall -- nothing but mountains! and mysti! but that goes without saying...it's like a physical need :D )

*Myst raises a brow and smiles...ahem....that could go in the TMI category, babe. ;)
(I loved it anyway) (and I love you) :)

aaargh!! I've been without power all day. a local power pole fell over. i couldn't make coffe, couldn't get on the net, couldn't do much of anything but watch it rain and the wind gust at what looked like the 50-50 mph of a few days ago.

a large coffee, PLEASE :)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
aaargh!! I've been without power all day. a local power pole fell over. i couldn't make coffe, couldn't get on the net, couldn't do much of anything but watch it rain and the wind gust at what looked like the 50-50 mph of a few days ago.

a large coffee, PLEASE :)

Couldn't you make coffe the old fashioned way? :D

Originally posted by Tormente
Couldn't you make coffee the old fashioned way? :D

you mean drive to the store and buy some? :D

actually, we have an all electric house, so no way to heat water. We have a camp stove and coffee making setup but we couldn't get to them because the garage door wouldn't open and i wasn't going to mess with the manual release in the rain and wind. :p

but i do feel so much better as i sit here and finish my second cup. i'll probably be up till 4 am posting now :D

That's pretty beat, Ed. Those storms are kicking your butt, huh? Not having that morning coffee would have sent me over the edge.

At least your lighter wasn't electric. :D

Originally posted by Klink
That's pretty beat, Ed. Those storms are kicking your butt, huh? Not having that morning coffee would have sent me over the edge.

At least your lighter wasn't electric. :D

I've never heard of an electric bong.

I can see how that would bring us closer together, Addy. :D

Hi mysti. Nothing like and afternoon zing, aye? lol

You still about Ken? Done all your Christmas shopping? :D ;)

Hi Klink

Hope life is treating you well through this Holiday stuff.

Hey Ken, Ed, Tormente, Addy...hope everyone is holding up well.

I'm around. Holding up well. Really not much shopping I need to do. Beers after the holiday mess is over, Mike?

I can't complain, mysti. Actually, I'm probably the few that like the holiday bustle. One of the few times of the year New Yorkers are nice to each other.

Cool Ken. Maybe I can get a friend or two to join us. You can meet some of the other hooligans I hang with.

I am here 2. I had to change my email to have no more spam from mp3.com . Macfora is based on one email. Whatever I need to use my time to learn, if I am not promoting music.

Back