Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by mystique
HOOORAY!!!! This Holiday Ballyhoo is finally overwith...can we get on with LIFE now???

Oh...and Happy Birthday, xaqintosh!!! You old enough to drive now??? ;)
and nope, not yet :rolleyes:
but I'm told some places will hire 14 year olds, so maybe I can get a job and make lots of money :cool: :)

Okay, since I finally got a good shot of my tattoo last night (roommate got a digital camera for Christmas), I started the tattoo thread.

Hello peoples.

Heh, spent a few hours reading BOFHs last night. Funny stuff. I quite liked this technique of Simon's...

"Not to be outdone, I change his login directory to the null device, set his path to "." and redefine the command "news" to execute a script in his old login directory to send a nasty message to the equal opportunities officer, then delete itself."

*Klink remembers fantasizing similar naughties* ;)

way back in the late 80's (1980's, not 1880's :p: ) i administered a medium sized network that included about 30 apollo workstations running the aegis os. aegis had this awesome command called crp (creep), which was create remote process...which allowed you to run ANY process (gui, whatever) on another users machine if you had authority.

when a user got too uppity, i would use that one :D

among my favorites was to "melt" the screen. another was to launch the x-wing fighter game when they got up to go to the john :)

Heh.. back to 80s .. i'm having a pain in the apple trying to google the names and artists for a lot of music from the 80s that are like "track 8" as their name ... :p

Back