Herve's Bar & Grill

hi tolya!! hi ken!! hi everybody else!! just thought i would drop by and show you guys my nice new shiny 2 ghz 20'' iMac!! I've been working alot and i finally decided to reward myself with this beauty. for once i got a computer and os that are the best available. it feels great and works even better.

i'd talk more but i've just been up all night working the night shift so i'm kinda beat and there's still a few more things i want to do on this baby before i call it a day and start adjusting myself to do a day shift tomorrow. plus i've got some gardening to get done. but rest assured i will be back around more often to learn more about Tiger and shoot the chit.

wow - it's great to see people still hanging out at herve's. makes me proud. :)

heh, yeah, hangin around, been gone for a bit, till Tiger that is. Here's something new: moving to NYC in a month or so, any advice? places to go? things to do? im sure the list is outrageous, but your own personal experiences would be nice. I know that I'll be going to the apple store once im there (parents want me to get an iSight to stay in touch). Also looking for a job once im there. Anyone have any hookups? Lemme know!

Ed! It's been too long. How's it going?

Um, how're you gonna show us your shiny new machine when you don't post any pics? :p

Wooh :D the bar has been so empty while I browsed all South Texas.. time to get people back in!

Free virtual pint for all the regular members today... hazmat's birthday (according to the site) and all ;)

I'll have a Dos Eqis - drink to the good health South Texas and Hazmat!

I miss McAllen and Piedras Negras. :)

Hay cabrito al pastor a la vez?

I just got back from watching Episode III - so what's all the fuss? It's a good thing they break movies in half in Cairo to send everyone to the snackbar. I was about to fall asleep. Second half was better, but all in all - I wish I my two hours back.

Free beer: I'm heer! ... ehm ... here :D
Does this bar have some salted burnt crunchy bits to go with the beverage?

South Texas, eh? Since Texas is already as south as it gets, _South_ Texas really is the non plus ultra ... almost Mejico.

To Hazmat! *ad fundum* ... *burp*

tortillas for salty snak? ;)

Well, Corpus Christi and Padre Island.. we didn't feel like driving another 4-5 hours South from there to get to South Padre ... it was fun, got a real nice tan and enjoyed watching Dorn roast himself too under the sun. While got back to work then, so surprised to see so many people have their holidays this and the next week.

Heh, I'll be heading back to Corpus in two weeks. Gonna spend a week down there. My brother is getting married (again).

I'll be driving down so I can visit some of my old friends in San Antonio and Austin.

BTW, Gia, it's South Padre Island there at Corpus, too. Which is why the main "highway" there in Corpus is called South Padre Island Drive. Commonly called SPID (pronounced the way it's spelled) by us Corpus Christians when giving directions. ;)

Heh, been to Piedras Negras a few times, pds. Though I'll admit I went to Matamores more often, as it's a bit closer to Corpus.

Hey, anybody in South Texas feel like meeting up while I'm down there? I always love putting faces to names. I'll be down there for a week with basically nothing at all to do, so driving around ain't going to be a big deal.

uno cerveca por favor! Tecate or Dos Equis Amber! yeah, I've been spending my days in the sun as of late (just about every day off I've had for the past 3 months!!). I've lived in FL for the past 15 years, and this is the most I've been to the beach in that whole time. I guess that I can appreciate it now more than before-- sit in chair, tan, consume beer, relax, turn over and repeat as desired until outer surface is a nice golden brown. ;)

I must admit, I will miss the beach when I move to NYC next month.

Yea, the SPID are of the Padre anyway .. .insanely long island (and so narrow).
The next time we'll be there I'll give you a shout so you can see then probably Mr & Mrs Giaguara... ;)

Mr & Mrs Giaguara. Heh, that's a good one. ;)

Um, I moved up to Delaware 5 years ago, so you'd have to visit up here for that to happen. Or somehow I'd have to decide to visit Texas at the same time you did. Though that's not a bad idea, I really haven't visited as often as I probably should. Last time I was down was 3 years ago. I do miss my friends there, though most of them have moved to either San Antonio or Austin. Not that I blame 'em, jobs are hard to impossible to come by in Corpus.

Hey, thanks, Giaguara (and Cat). It was my birthday. Good time, too. Took the day off. Woke up leisurely, made coffee, ate, went down to Coney Island to the DMV to renew my driver license, had some food, the later on went to a fantastic vegan Korean restuarant and then to Decibel, a sake bar that feels like you're in Blade Runner.

delsoljb32 said:
heh, yeah, hangin around, been gone for a bit, till Tiger that is. Here's something new: moving to NYC in a month or so, any advice? places to go? things to do? im sure the list is outrageous, but your own personal experiences would be nice. I know that I'll be going to the apple store once im there (parents want me to get an iSight to stay in touch). Also looking for a job once im there. Anyone have any hookups? Lemme know!

You're gonna have to let us know what stuff you're into. There's too much in NYC to just ask what to do. :)

Well this is all too "foreign", if you ask me! I'll have a pint o' bitter and a packet o' crisps! ::ha:: "Eeee by 'eck, t'weather's bin a bit funny recently!"

hazmat said:
You're gonna have to let us know what stuff you're into. There's too much in NYC to just ask what to do. :)

well id really be into having a job once i get there ;) hah! other than that, u know general stuff, im more of the relaxed type, no big clubs or whatever, but i do enjoy a good time here and there.

Back