Interview the person beneath you

I think it's fun while they're young. I still like to believe (The Polar Express was fun to watch if you haven't seen it)
Though a friend of mine goes, "I tell my kids, 'There's no santa. *I* bought you all those presents!'"
lol he's a lunatic but funny.

what was the favorite gift you gave and received this holiday season?

my iMac G5 ^^ for receive and jelly to my grandma/grandpa because they loved it so much

what was your favorite non-mac gift you gave and/or received ?

GAVE: my brother in law a Milan Hejduk (Go Avalanche. friggin NHL lockout...) signed Hockey Puck
GOT: Smart Mass Putty. This stuff is so much freaking fun!

Oops.
The question...
How long do you wait before taking down your Christmas tree/lights on the house/decorations for the holidays?

After the first week in the new year. This is when my vacation is over and I gotta go to work. At this moment, I really don't want to be reminded to the great days I had during the holidays.

How do you like the combination of fireworks and silvester / New Year?

I grew up in the middle of the war in Rhodesia (or Zimbabwe, :mad: as that glorious beacon of democracy is now called ::ha:: - note the sarcasm!) and loud bangs and explosions make me nervous, so I hate fireworks!

What is the coolest car in the world?

I like Diablo .. but would never want to own one. Too pricy and shiny .. looks nice but probably nice to try once .. not to have always.
Of the more everyady cars, I like Mercedes Smart - as a reaction to all the US sized cars. And old Fiats are cool, like 500 and 600 older type .. even 500 newer.

What's your first memory?

I was sitting below a table in the kitchen, crying.

Diablo could be a nice second car.

Which one is your favorite planet ?

uranus oh sorry, [checks 1st grade humor at the door]
any in the sombrero galaxy cuz it just looks so cool.

(earth's pretty ok too)

do you prefer ocean, mountains, forest, etc most as far as most beautiful places on earth go? and where is that place for you?

I am pining for the mountains of Colorado. Damn it is flat where I live now :(

How would you "escape flatland" if you could not move?

Sit in front of my iMac's and stare at the desktop. I have rotating pictures from Hubble.

What is/was your favorite movie or book?

The most interesting and catchy movie I ever watched was definitely Matrix the first part. It made me discuss and think a lot about the idea and this is a good sign for a great movie, how I find.

If you could spend some time with a celebrity, whom would you pick?

Albert Einstein

What is his main contribution to physics ? Relativity or quantum mechanics ?

The prefix to almost every computer-related buzzword out there. :p

What was the last meal you have and what will be the next?

We were out in the car miles from home and our usual eating places, and were very hungry, so we stopped and had a shish kebab. Yuk! I like kebabs, but this one was terrible. Next meal will be a veggie stir fry with fried rice.

How much will you be sending to help alleviate the suffering of the people suffering from the disaster in the Indian Ocean?

I donated 50Euro. I can't afford more now that I paied quite much for the presents..

Do you think the catastrophe could have been prevented?

Unfortunately, No. There are too many remote areas that suffered dramatically and setting up an infrastructure to reach them would be extremely difficult.

What do you think the best thing would be to help these people (e.g. Money, medicine, etc)?

Back