Jaguar Observations...

When you minimize a Window to the dock, it now has the application icon the window belongs to in the lower right hand corner. This is an awesome addition in my opinion. I it will help me sort through all my windows from all my applications.

Try dragging a minimized app window out of the dock, too :eek: :D

Originally posted by dricci

In NeXt and Openstep I think you could move around those little blocks in the same way you can take things out of the dock. I think this feature of OSX.2 is pretty cool.

There's two other really cool things under universal access other than the whole QE zooming.

1. The option to pulse the screen whenever an alert bell chimes. If you turn this on you can turn the alert bell off and have a much more pleasant way for the computer to get your attention.

2. The option to set the screen as primarily white on black instead of black on white. It basically renders the screens colors inverted in real time! Looks like your mac is on acid. I'd attach a screenshot, but it comes out looking completely normal (I guess its done completely by 3D card).

Originally posted by dricci

In NeXt and Openstep I think you could move around those little blocks in the same way you can take things out of the dock. I think this feature of OSX.2 is pretty cool.

Originally posted by Valrus
But that's not why I wanted to post here. The reason I wanted to post here was: Why do you people all have OS 10.2 already?!? I thought it wasn't supposed to be out for five months! Arrrgh! I hate you! I'll kill every last one of you!

-the valrus

They are running an illegal beta copy of 10.2 which has been leaked to the underground warez (pronounced "wahhhh-rehhhzz") channels like hotline and carracho.

I could pick up a copy but, sorry, I don't run beta OSes.

One day I'll be rich enough to own a secondary computer then I too will have the illegal copies of upcoming OSes!!!

Originally posted by BBenve
Not all of us are running illegal copies.... you know..there is such category called DEVELOPERS

Yes I know, but u expect to believe that?? HAHAH go home warez pirate :p :p :p

Believe it or not... there are many Developers.... and.. is not changing my life that you ddon' t believe it.. i just wanna point out.tha not everyone is "illegal" .... some of us signed an agreemeng with Apple...

As for warez.. i am strongly against them...it is people that do warez that ruing the software world

Believe it or not... there are many Developers.... and.. is not changing my life that you ddon' t believe it.. i just wanna point out.tha not everyone is "illegal" .... some of us signed an agreemeng with Apple...

As for warez.. i am strongly against them...it is people that do warez that ruing the software world

Yep. :rolleyes: You signed an agreement with apple. :rolleyes: Suuuure buddy. :rolleyes: Hey can you hook me up with a free copy of photoshop btw?? :p :p :p

As Apple seeder .. i signed what is called a Confidential agreement that basically means you re not supposed to say secret stuff before it's time.. or better ..before apple does...and since X.2 was presented to the public at WWDCthere is no problem in telling people about what's new.... second... may be you don't know that.. but Photoshop is from Adobe not Apple...

Plus .. you get a beta copy as developer NOT the finaal version.. you should know that... even if you think Photoshop is made by Apple..lol

And... ALL APPLE SEEDER sign a CONFIDENTIAL agreement.... it is a simble requirements EVERY company has...

As an Apple Seeder too I note the difference an Apple Seeder has to sign and send via mail the NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) whereas the Developer just fills out an online form that has what I call a mild NDA. In addition, any Joe Shmoe can sign up for Apple Developer and doesn't have to pay the fee that ask for and then each year can fork the dough to attend the conference and receive updates not out yet which are in Beta stages of dev.

To the member who posted above asking how some here have X 10.2, it was given out at WWDC though some knuckleheads who attended burned it on Toast and made both cd's available for illegal distribution, thereby really voiding their NDA with Apple, (but as if those members care) For what its worth know you're better off holding off until August 2002 post MWNY when Steve unveils the final copy of Jaguar which will have everything in sync as opposed to one passed out at WWDC which is buggy as hell.

As for Watson, that was a rumor of their developers being given a souped up Apple, they didn't receive nothing from Apple.

Apple doesn't want information about Jaguar to be leaked out. If a new build of Mac OS X contains major flaws, it's bad news in the press again, if the info gets out. Of course there's always pirate copies of developer builds. I don't think Apple can prevent that completely.

I *also* think that people who install developer seeds 'illegally' *know* that they're installing prerelease software, so there's not much sense in telling them they're doing something they shouldn't do.

There's an urge in people discussing Jaguar on this board: They anticipate the release. They 'wanna know'. Rumour sites provide them with pictures and 'reviews' about the new features. What's wrong with that? Finding 6C35 on Hotline & Carracho isn't difficult. Nobody will use early builds as final production systems.

The *real* problem for Apple is that the GM and release version will also be pirated. That's where Apple makes its money.

So, discuss Jaguar on here. Tell the future Jaguar users what they will get. They'll BUY the software or new machines with Jaguar preinstalled.

And people: Do NOT pirate final versions of Apple's software.

Originally posted by fryke

So, discuss Jaguar on here. Tell the future Jaguar users what they will get. They'll BUY the software or new machines with Jaguar preinstalled.

And people: Do NOT pirate final versions of Apple's software.

I completely agree. I don't believe theres anything wrong with trying out beta software of software you already own. If you own adobe photoshop 6, whats the problem with using the beta of 7 until the real one comes out? As long as you buy the final product it doesn't hurt the company at all. Until 10.2 really comes out, I don't see any problem with people using the beta.

As Apple seeder .. i signed what is called a Confidential agreement that basically means you re not supposed to say secret stuff before it's time.. or better ..before apple does...and since X.2 was presented to the public at WWDCthere is no problem in telling people about what's new.... second... may be you don't know that.. but Photoshop is from Adobe not Apple...

Plus .. you get a beta copy as developer NOT the finaal version.. you should know that... even if you think Photoshop is made by Apple..lol

And... ALL APPLE SEEDER sign a CONFIDENTIAL agreement.... it is a simble requirements EVERY company has...

Sure buddy :rolleyes: You're an apple seeder. Hahaha is that a pun? Like Johnny Appleseed. Heheh. :rolleyes:

Yes I know Photoshop is from Adobe. You see, you're just a warez pirate, dude. That means you can go on Carracho and find any software. So being that you found the leaked illegal beta of X.2, I'm sure you can easily find Photoshop as well. That's what I meant you silly warez pirate :p :p :p

Back to the original subject!

In Jaguar you have the option to put the icon label to the right of the icon instead of below. I can't start up in 10.1 for some reason. Can anyone tell me if this is in 10.1?

Yes, back to the original post. Asking stuff about Jaguar.

My question, I have thought of one, is about the "Automatic Icon Previews" or whatever they call em. Does this mean that images will automatically have previews in the Finder even if their icon doesn't have a custom one? I mean how in icon view you can either see the generic icon for a JPEG or you can see a cool custom 128x128 icon pasted onto the file. I'd like to see previews on the icons withoug having to "Create" one using an app like Graphic Convertor.

Ok, I confused myself. But I just want an answer. If you can find the question in there.

Originally posted by Jasoco
Yes, back to the original post. Asking stuff about Jaguar.

My question, I have thought of one, is about the "Automatic Icon Previews" or whatever they call em. Does this mean that images will automatically have previews in the Finder even if their icon doesn't have a custom one? I mean how in icon view you can either see the generic icon for a JPEG or you can see a cool custom 128x128 icon pasted onto the file. I'd like to see previews on the icons withoug having to "Create" one using an app like Graphic Convertor.

Ok, I confused myself. But I just want an answer. If you can find the question in there.

Ok, I think I know what your asking, and if so then yes and no.

Lets say you save a photoshop file and photoshop gives it its own cruddy looking 32x32 icon. For some reason, sometimes the file will have a preview and sometimes it won't. Saving as a .jpg will result in a good preview of the file (even though its icon is generic), saving as PDF will result in a magnified version of the files icon. Its a bit inconsistant, and I don't think its changed since 10.1. That answer your question?

Back