Jaguar Observations...

Originally posted by fryke
Erhm... You can pronounce it as whatever you like. Take this history lesson all the same:

It's 'wares' (like 'bears') spelt differently to avoid being found too fast.
fryke is correct.

<history lesson>
It's pronounced 'wares' because the term warez was originally coined as a shortened term for softwares.
</history lesson>

And now, back to your regularly scheduled warez discussion already in progress... ;)

Since all you "developers" have had the chance of testing Jaguar (is it really 10.2 or 10.5) has anyone noticed if the finder has been modified so that the refresh latency bug has disappeared?

Example: if a shared finder window is open and a networked machine adds or removes files to this directory, the host machine will not update its contents in the window unless the window is clicked on (effectively refreshing it).

This is also apparent from the terminal as well. 'rm' a file whilst its finder window is open and the window will not update unless clicked upon.

can anyone tell me a valid place to get or download Jaguar (6c48) easily? I already have disc 2, but I couldn't get disc 1!!

i think apple are looking to put the 'cycle through windows' option into the finder via the apple+tilde shortcut, GoTo is now apple+shift+G, no sign of tilde. i hope so.

New observation (if anyone is still paying attention). In the about menu of Image Capture:

Image Capture
2.0 (v94)

Engineering:
Some people

Human Interface Design:
Some other people

Testing:
Hopefully not nobody

Documentation:
Whoever

With special thanks too:
Mom

2.0, Copyright 2000-20002 Apple Computer, Inc.

I don't think too many of us ACTUALLY though it was a beachball, it's just a better term than "hard disk platter".

I've love how anal people get thinking they're geniuses because they can recognize a hard disk icon. :)

Originally posted by Holmes
New observation (if anyone is still paying attention). In the about menu of Image Capture:

Image Capture
2.0 (v94)

Engineering:
Some people

Human Interface Design:
Some other people

Testing:
Hopefully not nobody

Documentation:
Whoever

With special thanks too:
Mom

2.0, Copyright 2000-20002 Apple Computer, Inc.

REALLY? Someone's GOTTA take a picture! Take a ScreenShot of it! It'll probably be changed to normal in the final release.

Back