Jaguar Observations...

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca

"Wahhhh-rehhhzz?" Are you sure? Warez is short for softWAREZ, which some num-nut decided to coin, obviously. I tend to think it's pronounced "warez," one syllable, rhyming with "hairs." Makes a lot more sense to me than rhyming it with Juarez -- a Hispanic name.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this one?

yes but it's an old inside joke going back to AOL 2.7 days. You guys take stuff too literally on this board HAHAH!!!

Originally posted by joeth
there must be somewhere legal you can get jaguar

where??

Nope. There is absolutely no legal way to obtain jaguar other than having attended WWDC.

I heard that the NetBoot feature from OS 9, but gone in OS X was supposed to reappear in Jaguar. Does anyone know if this true or not? If so, how well does it work? And what's using NetBoot with OS X generally like?

I have been reading these enteries about beta testing and agreeing to terms and conditions. How could i go about finding out more on beta testing? thanx
i was unable to attend WWDC. is there a way around this issue?

Originally posted by Holmes
Hey guys I just found a super cool never before discussed (I think) feature of Jaguar!

Under the services menu there is now a "summarize" service. Select some text from any cocoa app and go into summarize. It launches a little application called "Summary Service" you then have a bar to select the length of the summary and summary service will generate a summary of the text!

Summarize has been around for awhile. This is not new to Jaguar.

Originally posted by solrac

(pronounced "wahhhh-rehhhzz")
Heh, cute. Reminds me of the commercial where the guy continues to call his interviewer "Mr. Dumbass" when his name is Dumass. wahhhh-rehhhzz....hahahhaha, I really needed that!

Originally posted by holmBrew

Summarize has been around for awhile. This is not new to Jaguar.

Wait what???? I never heard about that feature???? What the heck??????? Where is it???

Also, Carracho is the best for mac software, hotline is old and crappy now and filled with PC software. Limewire is for music and videos!!! (but aquisition is better for that!!!)

Carracho ***** cause you have to ask permission first. And the so called free servers never worked. Unless I was doing something wrong. But I wasn't.

Originally posted by Jasoco
Carracho ***** cause you have to ask permission first. And the so called free servers never worked. Unless I was doing something wrong. But I wasn't.

Not always, just keep trying.:p

yes patience and persistence always wins on carracho. You WILL find that server that has EVERY adobe app EVER on it, with 100 users all downloading at 70k per second with no qeue and no password to get in either :D :D :D

piracy.jpg

Solrac I thought you were the one who hated Carracho.....:rolleyes:

Downloading 10.2 or Photoshop (about 100MB & 360MB) will take a long time especially on my 56K modem - it'd take YEARs if it finished at all!

Solrac I thought you were the one who hated Carracho.....:rolleyes:

Downloading 10.2 or Photoshop (about 100MB & 360MB) will take a long time especially on my 56K modem - it'd take YEARs if it finished at all!

when did i say i hate carracho?

Cable modem owwwwwnnnnssssjj000oooo

Yep. You signed an agreement with apple. Suuuure buddy. Hey can you hook me up with a free copy of photoshop btw?? :p :p :p

I love sarcasm..... :rolleyes:

and

They are running an illegal beta copy of 10.2 which has been leaked to the underground warez (pronounced "wahhhh-rehhhzz") channels like hotline and carracho.

I could pick up a copy but, sorry, I don't run beta OSes.

One day I'll be rich enough to own a secondary computer then I too will have the illegal copies of upcoming OSes!!!

So that's almost saying you don't approve of this kind of thing.... isn't it...

Originally posted by ElDiabloConCaca

"Wahhhh-rehhhzz?" Are you sure? Warez is short for softWAREZ, which some num-nut decided to coin, obviously. I tend to think it's pronounced "warez," one syllable, rhyming with "hairs." Makes a lot more sense to me than rhyming it with Juarez -- a Hispanic name.

Anyone have a definitive answer on this one?

I believe it is pronounced with two syllables, like "where" and "ehz".

Erhm... You can pronounce it as whatever you like. Take this history lesson all the same:

It's 'wares' (like 'bears') spelt differently to avoid being found too fast.

I love sarcasm..... :rolleyes:

and

So that's almost saying you don't approve of this kind of thing.... isn't it...

no, its just him saying he doesnt like beta software... so i guess he is perfectly ok with stealing as long as its the final verison...

Originally posted by Holmes
Hey guys I just found a super cool never before discussed (I think) feature of Jaguar!

Under the services menu there is now a "summarize" service. Select some text from any cocoa app and go into summarize. It launches a little application called "Summary Service" you then have a bar to select the length of the summary and summary service will generate a summary of the text! Its very weird I'm posting a screenshot.

Here you see a 20 page essay I wrote very condensed.

http://homepage.mac.com/holmesf/summary.gif

I have no idea how this program decided to select those paragraphs.
It was there in 10.1, but you didn't get to choose how "summarized" the text was.

Back