Jan 24th predictions / 20th Anniversary.

Ok, I sold off my server hardware, which was a G4 tower to make place for my new __________________.

Fill in the blank already! Its killing me! :)

No kidding... if Apple doesn't deliver something on Monday, I think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed with them, especially considering all the great new stuff *cough cough* they introduced at MWSF.

1.) Wide-spread rumours about Apple releasing updated G5s the month after MWSF 2004.
2.) Wide-spread rumours about an iMac refreshment, maybe with a G5.
3.) Saturday was the Mac's birthday. Monday's the first date after that Apple would release anyhting new.
4.) The 1984-video shows 1-26 as the date (the new _AND_ the old one, btw.)
5.) The PowerMacs have not been updated for (much) more than 6 months now.

I hope you're right.
That's true that the 1 GHz iMac came 2 weeks after MWSF last year.
A new design for the iMac, new base ?

Or maybe the date'll just pass, because it was never even planned to do anything on that particular date? :)

Dunno, really, but the G5s are starting to lose momentum in the market. Apple should double the frequency of releasing new PowerMacs, I think. 3 months is enough. Sure, it's sad if you buy a machine and a month or two later you could get a faster one... But while the dual 2 GHz machine made quite some waves in June 2003, it quite certainly does not make much waves nowadays. People have seen that it's not _really_ the fastest computer in the world - and Apple should make sure to at least stay with the crowd... 3 GHz by Summer? Nice. But let's have something better than 2 GHz _now_. Oh, I'm ranting... Sorry. :)

what time would it be here in Europe? (germany)
Am clicking on apple.com all the time and kinda wasted a lot of time by now ;)

ok its 10:42 east coast and there is nothing yet, which is what i expect for today, hopefully i am wrong, im prob just going to sit here and press refresh on the apple homepage till 9:01 pacific ;)

so true.....
8.00am here.....pst time
2 exits away from apple corp
hmm, must i bang their doors personally?
nah...

I don't think anything is going to happen today. The Apple Store would be down by now if it was going to be updated with something new.

But I hope I'm wrong!!

It's 10:00 am by my watch and 9:58 by the computer, and nothing so far except this... I'll let you guys know if anything happens.

Gia: I don't think Steve Jobs is even awake at 3:20 am PST... much less Apple. ;)

I think the idea of Apple releasing a tablet is credible, despite Steve Jobs decrying the idea.

The problems he cites is that handwriting is slower than typing, which is correct. But for checking email and listening to streamed muzak, it makes sense.

But I think if Apple do go for the tablet, they're going to squeeze all of the utility they can out of it.

For instance, IT guys are using the iPod to copy disk images across Xserves.

What if Apple made a consumer version of the tablet, plus an enterprise version that run a modified copy of Apple Remote Desktop [or something like that] that works over this new, faster wireless standard I've been hearing about recently.

Imagine walking round the office / lab / classroom administrating a bunch of iMac's, eMac's, G5's, iBook's and Xserves.

Suddenly you have a device that cuts a swathe through work _and_ play...

In your eyes I see the same fear that would take the heart of me ... there may be a day when Apple is no more, when we forsake all updates of Macs, but it is not this day!

Tomorrow is another Tuesday! :D ;)

We have high hopes, Apple pie-in-the-sky hopes ...

Back