Lets Start a List of What Works/Doesn't work in WWDC Panther DP

Do you have Panther (10.3) already?

• Yes

• Trying to get it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Strange thing with Expose.

If I have a bunch of windows open in Safari(about 10), and press F9 or F10, it'll shrink the windows but then as soon as they're shrunken, they go back to normal. Pretty strange.
If I hold down F9 or F10 they'll stay small, but if I have less windows than that, around 5 or 6, I don't have to hold down the F key to get it to stay shrunken.:confused:

Kensington MouseWorks didn't work too well for me, either.

Mail and Safari both worked fine for me.

I had to go back to my 10.2.6 install (put Panther on the internal SCSI drive) because it refused to load the extensions for my 80 GB drive, which hangs from an Acard ultra ata-66 pci card. It wouldn't see the drive at all, which is where all the good stuff is :( , like Photoshop.

I cant import tracks from a cd into iTunes. It just says it cant find the file... anybody know why (except the obvious answer that this is a beta)?

Anyone get Dreamweaver MX to work?
I have Panther on a separate drive, so Dreamweaver can't find the registration info, so it prompts for the serial number.
I put it in and click ok and it just quits.

Originally posted by Captain Code
Anyone get Dreamweaver MX to work?
I have Panther on a separate drive, so Dreamweaver can't find the registration info, so it prompts for the serial number.
I put it in and click ok and it just quits.

Yep, it works fine for me on Panther :p

Mozilla doesnt work for me (1.3, and 1.4), and the battery on my iBook lasts about an hour less then it did in Jaguar (With the same settings).

I cant access windows shares, and windows printing works a little, but there are always errors on the page :(

I think I will remove the included gimp-print package, and install the latest one and try that, because it worked fine in Jaguare :p

Every 4 hours or so, Panther stops excepting mouse imput from me, I can move the mouse, but cant click things.

The keyboard still works, and if I manage to logout (I did 2 times, but the others I had to reboot) then login again, everything is back to normal :confused:

But panther is pretty sweet, and I think I will keep using it because everything seems to be working fine exept what I have above :D

Trashed the iTunes prefs, and now it works :) but i cant get preview to work. the miniatures work but the big space is grey... any thoughts?

I have keynote working.
All Adobe-OK
Dreamweaver...No cut action. Crashes trying to insert an image
Maill.app is a bit tricky...Trouble indexing.
Live Stage Pro 3- Dead

Beyond that I don't know. But It's working great. Very Stable. It's the main system in a PBG4667.
I kept 10.2.6 on the G4500 Desktop though.

--Dreamweaver MX problem
Copy this folder from your old partition to the new one
/Library/Application Support/Macromedia

--Photoshop Problem
make sure to delete
/Library/Application Support/Adobe

•Preview: Does anyone get Preview.app to work?
•iTunes: Cant import CD tracks from main account when other account is in the background, but i can imoprt from them. FUS effect doesnt work when music is playing on main account.

Camino won't work, latest nightly shows only blank Frames and the official 0.7 release crashes on startup, i already trashed prefs, without a result.
Videolan client won't play sound with most divx-Movies.

Phil

Can't get Photoshop 8 Beta 64 to run. Works fine in Jaguar

>>CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) won't run
I don't think you'll need it. Check out Disk Utility. They already integrated NetRestore into it. Parts of CCC too. Guess that's why Apple hired Bombich.

Anyone notice any differences in Classic? The menu bar is much needed.

This may not be of interest to anyone else but Macamp Lite isnot working for me. I need this becasue it is the only mac porgarm that plays unlengthened .shn files. It tries to launch but can't and no worning panel comes up. I suspect we have lost it permenently, since it is not begin updated anymore. Sigh

When ctrl-clicking a folder in the dock and browsing it that way, the aliases-icons gets messed up when you move the mouse over them. and some icons vanish.

It's of interest to me alphap1us. I guess it doesn't work for .flac either.

I wish I knew enough programming to port the MacAmp plug-ins to iTunes since they killed MacAmp lite.

Wait that means I can't listen to any shn or flac in Panther. That sucks! I'll have to try and figure it out.

Back