Lets Start a List of What Works/Doesn't work in WWDC Panther DP

Do you have Panther (10.3) already?

• Yes

• Trying to get it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Been trying the Address Book print labels option, very good... also, now allows you to print your contacts (as opposed to copy and pasting them originally!) All good, except the preview system for seeing the preview is messed up in a big way.

hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Like u i installed Panther everything seems to be working except for my mircosoft bluetooth mouse. I cant seem to get my blue tooth setup assistant to work. It just comes up with an error message. Can anyone let me know if they got there bluetooth to work in panther.
Thank u

Originally posted by sesh
hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Like u i installed Panther everything seems to be working except for my mircosoft bluetooth mouse. I cant seem to get my blue tooth setup assistant to work. It just comes up with an error message. Can anyone let me know if they got there bluetooth to work in panther.
Thank u

About the Bluetooth problem... I've done everything Bluetooth under Panther related to mobiles (up to 5 SonyEricsson and Nokia mobiles) and everything work like a charm! :D Unfortunately I don't have the same mouse as you but what the heck? Can you tell us what is the exact error that you seem to get AND what exactly are trying to do at that time? :cool:

Let us know...

Thank you for ur quick reply. I get the error when i double click on "bluetooth setup assistant". it comes with the following error. "An unexpected error occurred (error code - 10817)". I have a bluetooth phone aswell (T68i) which osx does not find when i do a search in bluetooth. They both worked perfect in 10.2,
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Thank you for ur quick reply. I get the error when i double click on "bluetooth setup assistant". it comes with the following error. "An unexpected error occurred (error code - 10817)". I have a bluetooth phone aswell (T68i) which osx does not find when i do a search in bluetooth. They both worked perfect in 10.2,
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Did you try to enable at your T68i the ability to be discoverable and set Bluetooth to On (not to Automatically)?

Under Panther you have only to re-enable the Paired devices again and then you will be able to Bluetooth-work again.

What is strange for me is that your Assistant doesn't start... Did you fresh-install Panther or you "upgraded" your Jaguar? I did a fresh install and the Bluetooth worked from the get-go with T68i (we have the same mobile).

What about the Bluetooth (USB or built-in?) device you use? Did you try to test it under another Panther install?

Your user account is able to Admin the OS X? If not (or even yes) did you try the Bluetooth function with a new user account on your Panther?

Is it easy to reinstall Panther and see what gives or too many things will brake? :D

Some questions instead of more answers :eek:

I did a fresh install. Actually i installed panther 2 times both times the same result soon as u double click the bluetooth setup assistant it comes with that error.

I am using the bluetooth adapter that comes with the microsoft mouse which is a USB one.

my user account is Admin and i tried using it in 2 profiles still the same fault.

I hope my answers helped.

The VR Works 2.1 doesn't work. on my system PB667 768megs of Ram. Funny, I couldn't get classic to start, UNTIL I trashed all the"(OS9)" stuff that panther installed at the root level. Now Classic working well. STILL can't get dreamweaver to not crash when inserting an image.
Anyone had that issue?

I did a fresh install. Actually i installed panther 2 times both times the same result soon as u double click the bluetooth setup assistant it comes with that error.

I am using the bluetooth adapter that comes with the microsoft mouse which is a USB one.

my user account is Admin and i tried using it in 2 profiles still the same fault.

I hope my answers helped.

...with another Bluetooth adaptor? Could that be that your Panther Preview copy has corrupted files on the CDs? What about pairing? Did you try to delete previous pairings and configure new ones (this, you will have to do it in your mobile first then at your computer)?

So, far the Bluetooth problem you have is mysterious to say the least! :(

Don't despair! It is just a Preview anyways ;)

Originally posted by Jason
virtual pc is much slower and slows down the rest of the system

(ie i think the system uses more cpu than jag)
There is a global preference settng to control that:
Virtual_PC-CPU.jpg

There is also PC setting one for RAM:
Virtual_PC-RAM.jpg

After much trying i have figured out that Preview.app only works for me when i have set the OS language to english. It totally disrespects my native language and only show grey where the picture is supposed to be :D i also tried setting just the preview.app to english, but that didnt work. it has to be the entire Finder. Anyone else there with non englisg finders who it works for?

i noticed when you open multiple images in preview now it doesnt load into the drawer it loads them all in different windows :( :( :(

thats a HUGE bummer for me, cause i used to use preview to load up a days worth of pictures to look at them quickly before i choose which to work with...

any ideas guys?

ignore that again (i must look like a fool)! Now it works dubble-clivkeing several jpg's and they end up thumbnailed in the same window. This time i tried with three pictures that i saved as something.jpg in preview.

It seems the classic doesn't work on my panther. I believe it has something to do with my german language pack. Did anyone else install an non-english language pack and classic working just fine?
I get an error, that some additional tools are missing?!

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
It seems the classic doesn't work on my panther. I believe it has something to do with my german language pack. Did anyone else install an non-english language pack and classic working just fine?
I get an error, that some additional tools are missing?!

...OS 9 installed? Cause if you have I can help you overcome this problem... But only if you have OS 9 installed :eek:

Has anyone tired this with Panther?

Drag a folder from a shared volume to the favourites panel in the Finder window, then disconnect. The folder remains in the favorites panel but there's no way to get rid of it.

hulkaros, you mean on the same partition of 10.3? I have macos 9 on another partition. But I never tried booting in there. Just know classic works over 10.2.6...

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
hulkaros, you mean on the same partition of 10.3? I have macos 9 on another partition. But I never tried booting in there. Just know classic works over 10.2.6...

...keep a backup of your existing OS 9 install just in case that we damage it... :rolleyes:

First of all, you MUST boot into OS 9 :eek:

-Open folder /System/Library/CoreServices
-Find the file "Classic Startup.app" and right click on it
-Select "Show package contents"
-Open the folder /System/Library/CoreServices/Classic Startup/Contents/Resources
-Inside folder "Resources" there should be some files with extensions of ".lproj".
-Select "English.lproj" and press Command(Apple)+D to duplicate it
-Rename the duplicated file into "German.lproj"

Restart in Panther Preview and give the Classic a shot! If all went according to plan your Classic should startup just fine :p

Let me know what gives because I could be dead wrong about all the above :eek:

Back